Page 2 of 311 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 7756

Thread: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

  1. #26
    The Prodigal Lance Willbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    466
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    You trade him for whatever you can get. The only thing worse than being horrible is knowing you are going to be horrible in 12 months. Rip off the bandaid.
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Willbo For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even if you were/are of the opinion that he is staying, I can't possibly imagine anyone is actually blindsided by this.

    I was hoping but I am not surprised.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  4. #28
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Time to clean house Pritchard. Well that changes their plans I am sure.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    3,032
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "MTisthefuture"

  7. #30
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand his choice to leave but this way we get absolutely **** all in return (in a possible trade). For that, I am bitter towards Paul.
    This could be the "Bird"s coming home to roost.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  8. #31
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,054

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Told you
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,030

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Look, I really like Paul George as a basketball player. He's the most talented Pacer ever. But I'm also excited for the Pritchard era. We will probably suck next year, but with Pritchard at the helm not all hope is lost.

  11. #33

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    If i'm Indiana Pacers organization. I put a press release out saying we will be trying to lose every game next year. **** Adam Silver. The only way we get a star player for a significant amount of time and a chance to win a title is if we tank for one. Tank for Michael Porter. Let it be known. **** the repercussions. Adam Silver aint looking out for the Pacers. So **** him! Lets do a blatant tank and make a mockery of this ****. A mockery has already been made of this system anyhow.

    I'm not blindsided at all. But still... **** YOU Paul George!

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  13. #34
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    This is where we are in the NBA. Stars stay with their original team for about 7 or so years, then get bored unless they're in a pristine situation: 2010 Lebron, Bosh, Howard, Melo, CP3, Durant, and now PG.

    The league just gets crappier and crappier. Tough to remain interested in a product that increasingly goes down the toilet by the day.

  14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  15. #35
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,030

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Also, while Paul George is the best Pacer ever let's not act like this is Lebron leaving Cleveland level devastating. It just isn't.

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  17. #36

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Considering its PG- honestly might as well keep him for 1st half of the season and see if he changes his mind. Guy seems to change his mind by the day and have random outburst constantly throughout a season (positive and negative)

    Edit: though I guess do u really wanna build your franchise around a guy like that? Idk. But he is damn good.
    I agree with both your thoughts brownjake43. If these quotes are really from PG, he must he seems to be changing his mind every day or so. I would have to hear it from his mouth to believe it, but if he's going to LA with the same lineup they have now, he will be the only A player on that squad, just like he is here. Will make less money in the future and not be any closer to a Championship than he is in Indy. Does all that make sense?

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:


  19. #37
    This season is for Travis ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,798

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    If this all true, Paul has to got to tell Kevin personally he's leaving. He royally ****ed us by letting this get out somehow.

  20. #38

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    I think Sacramento might be crazy enough to take a flyer on him for a year. Id be curious to see what they would offer, being that they are such a front office mess to begin with.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cryyin For This Useful Post:


  22. #39
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,082

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    I understand why people feel the need to freak out, but we still have Al Jefferson under contract for two more years, so we'll be okay.

  23. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  24. #40

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, while Paul George is the best Pacer ever let's not act like this is Lebron leaving Cleveland level devastating. It just isn't.
    It actually is. Because the difference is, we've never had a Lebron.

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  26. #41

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Quote Originally Posted by LG33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand why people feel the need to freak out, but we still have Al Jefferson under contract for two more years, so we'll be okay.
    LOL

    This post made me feel a bit better.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  28. #42
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,054

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Thanks PG for letting us know ahead of time and not dragging this bs any longer, a big thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  30. #43
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,030

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It actually is. Because the difference is, we've never had a Lebron.
    We were a fringe playoff team without PG for an entire season. The talent level on that roster and this roster isn't that different, I think it will be better after Pritch has an offseason to work. I love PG and it sucks that he's basically gone, but it has been pretty apparent for awhile that this was going to happen.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  32. #44
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    PG's mind has probably been made up for a while on this, but I still can't get past Magic getting away with winking like a complete arrogant jackass on national tv.

  33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  34. #45
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    3,032
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Please don't resign Teague now.

  35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  36. #46
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    983
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with both your thoughts brownjake43. If these quotes are really from PG, he must he seems to be changing his mind every day or so. I would have to hear it from his mouth to believe it, but if he's going to LA with the same lineup they have now, he will be the only A player on that squad, just like he is here. Will make less money in the future and not be any closer to a Championship than he is in Indy. Does all that make sense?
    LA w/Paul George will be able to pull more all-stars than Indy w/Paul George.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  38. #47
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    44
    Posts
    32,724

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    I wonder if pg13 leaked it to Woj. Pacers bargaining power was just cut off at the knees. We will get jack **** for him now.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

  39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  40. #48
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,054

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Where is Scott Aggnes with his PR BS??
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  41. #49
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    983
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, while Paul George is the best Pacer ever let's not act like this is Lebron leaving Cleveland level devastating. It just isn't.
    I disagree. Since the Pacers have been in the NBA, how many PG type players have we ever had?

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  43. #50

    Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

    That is why you spend your money wisely and not spend 27 million of the cap on has-beens who literally had zero production when it mattered the most.
    uno, due, trezegol!

  44. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to faank For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •