Page 232 of 311 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 7756

Thread: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

More fake news from weeks ago

Tmac predicted the whole thing LOL
    Last edited by vnzla81; 06-23-2017 at 11:55 AM.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I truly think that a deal with the Celtics, and PG getting extended there, happens if they sign Hayward. Lets cross our fingers because I think we can get Crowder, Smart, Zeller, LAL 2018/SAC 2019, and MEM 2019 for an extended Paul George. If that starts to happen, I wonder if LA tries to sell us the farm for him too.
    LA doesn't have a farm to sell. Look at their assets, or more accurately their lack of assets.
    Last edited by Tom White; 06-23-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    You realize teams would have figured that out eventually. Every major team that would want to trade for PG would want him to sign an extension, and he wasn't going to do that. That isn't "****ing" the Pacers, that's playing where he wants to play. (Which he has every right to do.)

Again, Thank Larry Bird for not listening to PG on multiple occasions (making sure PG knew who the boss was), trying to force PG to play out of position, blowing up the best team the Pacers had when PG was here. Trading his mentor. Firing his beloved coach etc.. And, quite frankly, you are all lucky he said something..because if he continued to not let anything leak, it's likely your FO wouldn't have traded him, and you would have gotten nothing. Anyone who was half paying attention could see this coming. Except apparently Bird and Pritchard.
    No offense, but I think this is ridiculous. He could have told Pritchard all this stuff without telling the media. What he did was calculated to make sure the Pacers did not receive any assets for him. So while that is all within his rights, the animosity towards him right now is well-founded.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MnvrChvy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MnvrChvy View Post
    No offense, but I think this is ridiculous. He could have told Pritchard all this stuff without telling the media. What he did was calculated to make sure the Pacers did not receive any assets for him. So while that is all within his rights, the animosity towards him right now is well-founded.
    Which would have done what?

Again, the second any team wanted to trade for him, and he wasn't willing to sign..word would have gotten out. Maybe the Pacers get better offers up front, but they would have been contingent on George signing an extension - and he just wasn't going to do that. (with the exception of a few cases).

Bird certainly knew.
    Lol, this is so silly. You do all you can to keep a star telling you he wants to stay.

Like I said, it was easy for you to say he's gone and not blame him for demanding a trade because you've felt miffed by the Pacers yourself.

The funny thing is just a day ago I was defending PG for informing us and understood because Bird had 2 solid cracks at contender and blew it.

But whatever, stars demanding trades is good. Pacers front office with minds like Dinwiddie and Pritchard can't outwit Pacers digest's Kstat and Sookie.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

I would also like to say how glad I am they didn't have to pay a max to that clown, can you imagine having this diva at 200+ millions for the next 5 years?
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I blame all this on Bird, he signed all the bad contracts that has now crippled this year free agency. He signed players that never had the capability of a winning team and Paul has been saying he wants to play on a championship caliber team for along time now. That is the answer, Paul talks to KP and was respectful enough to walk out in good terms, while he knows how screwed we are and KP can't do a dang thing about it. KP has been handcuffed by Birds doing. JMO
    Garbage players get 1st round picks, (WTF)! All of the NBA must hate the Pacers! LOL

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    More fake news from weeks ago

Tmac predicted the whole thing LOL
    In hindsight, there was a lot of this going around in the media

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

I would also like to say how glad I am they didn't have to pay a max to that clown, can you imagine having this diva at 200+ millions for the next 5 years?
    That's what everybody wanted. I said all along I hope he did not make All-NBA because we would be even more screwed than if he walked. All along I wanted him dealt in February. That didn't happen so I thought he'd play out career here so I was then hoping he would walk. He is not worth that $$

Well, PG is leaving..and many people figured that was going to happen. You don't think it crossed KP's mind? PG wouldn't sign an extension. Bird left this season, you think he might have had a hunch?

So KP is either bad at his job, or using the media to manipulate the situation and play like the victim. You tell me.
    Check Tmac's comments on that video I posted, he predicted this was going to happen.

Check Tmac's comments on that video I posted, he predicted this was going to happen.
    Well, that video came out a week ago. Wouldn't have helped us.

One of the videos I posted months ago and it was called fake news

Everybody and their mom knew.
    Perfect example of Paul's flakiness. "We all knew he was leaving..." Did we? Doesn't this press conference say otherwise? "Oh well, putting him on the trade block pushed him out the door to LA." Uh folks, by all accounts, the Pacers were never in serious talks about him. You've got a star player coming up on the end of their viability as a trade piece, so they would be insane not to field calls for him. Yet, they never even got close, as we learned from the feedback from other teams. Pacer's were never willing to trade him unless it was an insane deal. So Paul knows this and should have been okay, but he wanted to be dramatic. He always seemed to want to be more dramatic than was necessary. And now this was his chance to be as dramatic as possible by publicly forcing a trade instead of simply telling KP he wants a trade and letting him set him up proper.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MnvrChvy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Again, the second any team wanted to trade for him, and he wasn't willing to sign..word would have gotten out. Maybe the Pacers get better offers up front, but they would have been contingent on George signing an extension - and he just wasn't going to do that. (with the exception of a few cases).
    Is it the responsibility of the player or his current team to advise the new team he is being traded to that he will definitely sign an extension?

Couldnt his agent tell any team not named the Lakers "Paul is willing to play for any team through his contract and then evaluate his options at that time."?

Word getting out that he will evaluate his options at the end of the year is way different than word getting out that is has declared he wont sign with any team unless its LA.

Clearly him and his agent have sabotaged his trade value on purpose with the thought that the Pacers will have no choice but to trade him to the Lakers for pennies.
    "THIS IS MY CITY."- PAUL GEORGE

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to perryb85 For This Useful Post:

Seems to me there is more than enough blame to be spread between TPTB and PG. I quit going to games and haven't even watched more than 1/2 a game in 2 years because I got tired of supporting a franchise that seems more concerned with treading water than actually competing. So, it's pretty hard for me to blame PG for wanting out. However he's certainly letting his diva show and seems to have done as much as he could (or allowed his agent) to lower his value as much as possible. I have no respect for the way he's gone about this and I hope the guy never even sniffs a title. F him.

As far as TPTB screwing up not trading him already, yep they screwed up. But for that it's a little harder for me to crucify them considering the mixed messages PG sent and how hard it is to acquire a player of PGs caliber. It's hard to just let go when there is a chance. Especially for a franchise deathly afraid of actually rebuilding. So yeah, back to my first point. I blame the hell out of Bird and PG. I'll be glad when both are gone. Im now just watching to see how KP handles this. If it's a retooling I'm gone again. If it's a rebuild then he'll have my attention.
    Last edited by rm1369; 06-23-2017 at 12:30 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:

Well, it wouldn't have put the Pacers in a position to be locked in to only one trade partner which is the biggest problem for them right now. They could have taken offers from all kinds of suitors, especially in the quick trading of draft night, that would have been much more favorable. Magic would have actually had to make a real deal to get his services this year as opposed to what we are facing right now which is basically just handing him over for nothing just because. Aside from Paul blabbing that he only wants to play for LA, there is no reason to think a deal could not have been made without that contingency. There is a big difference for KP when negotiating to SA or Portland or Boston between "I'll trade him to you" and "I'll trade him to you for a year." A team can make that trade knowing that they've got a job to do to convince him to stay. But being told you have no chance... that changes everything.

I'm not sure why this is hard to see. The fact that we are in a position where we cannot play him next year should be all that you need to know to understand what he did and why people are upset.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to MnvrChvy For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This was like a week ago. TMac's proclamation that the team would start to leak stuff isn't quite holding water. It's hard to buy that Indy was the leaker, based purely on the inclusion of the "LA" part of the leak. That part is what killed the market, and I can't imagine a team leaking that. Pritchard doesn't have that type of track record of stupid sales. He's always been known as a pretty savvy mover and shaker and stirring up markets. Tacking on the "LA" part of that leak makes zero sense from the perspective of the Pacers FO.

Which means this leak came from PG. So now last night, Pritch comes out and doesn't mince words regarding PG, and I think it's legit --- based purely on the nature of this news/leak. PG's camp almost certainy leaked this, and after hearing the prior comments from PG about his dedication to the future of the franchise and that he was an Indiana Pacer, it sounds like that's also what Pritch was hearing. I've heard a lot of commets that Pritch should've known, or that we should have a plan in place. From Pritch's perspective, he *wanted* PG on this team for future success, and it sounds like that's what happened --- Pritch flew out to LA on his first night on the job; they talked; they were on the "same page"; Indy rebuffed all trade offers at the trade deadline; PG came out and said he was an Indiana Pacer --- I honestly believe that Pritch felt he had PG on board for the future direction of this team.

Pritch comes out and confirms that he was gut-punched by this news. It almost has to be genuine, based on all we know up until now.

I have to believe that Pritch had a certain direction in mind prior to all of this happening, and obviously PG coming out and doing this has made Pritch have to redesign his entire plan on the fly in the last week. Before you could honestly build upon what we had here, with PG and Turner and Teague, and making a few moves, that would've been a playoff team. Now PG is gone, Teague likely ---- we have to go a new direction now, and it all happened in less than a few days this last week.

If this was all the other way around, with us screwing PG, or we had known his intentions, we 1) wouldn't have killed our own market value for him, and 2) would've traded him already. Think about it.

PG has pulled some ****, with this team, with Pritch, and ultimately, with us.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 06-23-2017 at 12:46 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Weeks ago

Mood

Hopefully Indy makes a strongggggg push for Gordon Hayward, he would be a good pairing with Leaf and Turner, a SF that does it all, passes, drives, shots can kick it out, plays solid defense, and most importantly with the group we have, rebound.
    Why so SERIOUS

Weeks ago

ok ok. We get it. The horse is dead already

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MnvrChvy View Post
    Well, it wouldn't have put the Pacers in a position to be locked in to only one trade partner which is the biggest problem for them right now. They could have taken offers from all kinds of suitors, especially in the quick trading of draft night, that would have been much more favorable. Magic would have actually had to make a real deal to get his services this year as opposed to what we are facing right now which is basically just handing him over for nothing just because. Aside from Paul blabbing that he only wants to play for LA, there is no reason to think a deal could not have been made without that contingency. There is a big difference for KP when negotiating to SA or Portland or Boston between "I'll trade him to you" and "I'll trade him to you for a year." A team can make that trade knowing that they've got a job to do to convince him to stay. But being told you have no chance... that changes everything.

I'm not sure why this is hard to see. The fact that we are in a position where we cannot play him next year should be all that you need to know to understand what he did and why people are upset.

And what would have happened when those teams found out PG isn't going to sign an extension?

It's not that big of a difference. Teams looking to build aren't going to give up assets for PG if he won't sign an extension. Teams with the potential will take the risk on the idea that maybe they can convince him to stay because they can contend.

Maybe...MAYBE you get a better deal out of LA out of the gate, and you take that fast..but that's a small maybe.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
    Seems to me there is more than enough blame to be spread between TPTB and PG. I quit going to games and haven't even watched more than 1/2 a game in 2 years because I got tired of supporting a franchise that seems more concerned with treading water than actually competing. So, it's pretty hard for me to blame PG for wanting out. However he's certainly letting his diva show and seems to have done as much as he could (or allowed his agent) to lower his value as much as possible. I have no respect for the way he's gone about this and I hope the guy never even sniffs a title. F him.

As far as TPTB screwing up not trading him already, yep they screwed up. But for that it's a little harder for me to crucify them considering the mixed messages PG sent and how hard it is to acquire a player of PGs caliber. It's hard to just let go when there is a chance. Especially for a franchise deathly afraid of actually rebuilding. So yeah, back to my first point. I blame the hell out of Bird and PG. I'll be glad when both are gone. Im now just watching to see how KP handles this. If it's a retooling I'm gone again. If it's a rebuild then he'll have my attention.
    I ****ing hate this myth that this team is ok with treading water. I'm sick of it. In the past thirty years the Pacers have been one of the most successful teams in the NBA, and is the most successful team to not win a championship. There are only a few teams who have made it to the conference finals more than the Pacers in that time frame. Yeah, the team has failed to win a championship, that isn't because the team didn't try to win. They made major moves like trading 1st round picks for proven vets, and signing David West. Yeah sure signing Monta, Bynum, and Jefferson all turned out to be crappy moves, but they are moves you make if you are trying to win a championship. Those aren't moves you make to try and tread water.

Unlike teams such as the 76ers or Minnesota this team always seems to find a way to return to relevance after just a down years. The reason the team hasn't won a championship is not because they are ok with treading water, it is because it is damn hard to win a championship, especially so when you are not a sexy destination.

To suggest this team doesn't do everything it can to win a championship is downright ****ing stupid. I'm tired of hearing it. It takes a lot of selective or short term memory to come to that conclusion.

If you can't stand being a fan of a team that fails to win a championship just go become a bandwagon fan because that is the only way you'll be happy with your fandom. Here is some news most teams haven't won a championship in recent memory, and most teams are not even half as successful as the Pacers have been the last thirty years. Most teams are like the Atlanta Hawks. They suck for a while, then bet lucky have a couple good years, then go back to sucking.

So yeah, because Reggie couldn't beat Jordan, and Paul couldn't beat LeBron claim the Pacers are ok with ****ing treading water. Ignore everything this team has done to be a successful team more times than not. So **** off and go be a fan of the Cavs next year, and which ever team LeBron goes to the following year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
    It would be really sweet to stop the Lakers from getting PG and then draft with their pick next season. I really think Paul wanted to get traded to la so they had his bird rights, not so much for the money, but for cap strategy. His bird rights would've let them sign other max guys and go over the cap to resign PG. Makes sense to me with the timing of all of this. Seems unlikely for him to be traded to LA now because I don't think even with Ingram or Ball that package matches what others, notably Boston, can offer. With la not acquiring his bird rights it will be much harder to form a super team there. That fact should factor in where Paul will sign if he's serious about winning, which I believe he is.
    NBA cap holds make this strategy almost pointless in PG's case. If he was traded to LA now, he would count something like 29.4 million against their cap next summer until he was signed. Since his max is probably only going to be in the 30-31 million range, that means they only gain 1-2 million in cap space by having his Bird rights. That might help at the margins in signing other max guys, but it's not a massive difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    He was not a free agent. Doing what he did, we lost his services for a year and we will also get nothing in return at the end of or even at the beginning of the year. If you don't think that's being screwed, you're a sucker. There was no reason for him to do this and hurt the franchise like this.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to leave but is just malicious to do it in a way that doesn't allow your team to get anything back when we didn't do anything to hi m.

Oh oh oh, but teams trade players all the time.......you know, because a team trading a player is the exact same thing as one player taking an entire franchise hostage.....oh oh, and we fired Frank Vogel, so it's perfectly justified for PG to put a gun to our head!

Teams are teams and players are players. There's a difference. No one is saying he has to play here forever, so no lecture on that is needed. But taking the franchise hostage by wanting out and wanting to only go one place is the ultimate bag move.

If LA is where he wants to be, then I would have rather him just left next year as a FA Because there is no trade market if everyone knows he wants to be in LA. Cue the violins about how it's not fair to ask him to play here one extra year, but so what? Durant did it.

It's pretty telling that PG is following the Melo/Howard route instead of the Durant/Lebron route. Clearly different classes of players follow different routes....

Lebron and Durant are very smart and savvy. Guys like Howard, Melo, and PG, are well....

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

And what would have happened when those teams found out PG isn't going to sign an extension?

It's not that big of a difference. Teams looking to build aren't going to give up assets for PG if he won't sign an extension. Teams with the potential will take the risk on the idea that maybe they can convince him to stay because they can contend.

Maybe...MAYBE you get a better deal out of LA out of the gate, and you take that fast..but that's a small maybe.
    The fact that you can't acknowledge that it's very different demanding a trade and telling teams you don't want to even finish your CURRENT contract with them and informing the Pacers and trade partners you intend to sign with the Lakers shows how bias you are against the Pacers these days.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post: