Page 156 of 311 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 7756

Thread: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

PHX is really the only litmus test on PG tampering. If we get close to a deal there and we get a similar report like Cavs wtf are we supposed to do?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meh, I understand your guys concern but Woj has said nothing like this. So I still think our return will be fine, at the same time I won't be upset with KP if it's below average.
    I'm in the same boat. There's only so much that KP can do if he's being sabotaged (aka tampering) behind the scenes. IMHO, agents and players should be quiet while the GMs talk.

I'll be extremely happy if he comes out of this with more than the LA package, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Meh, I understand your guys concern but Woj has said nothing like this. So I still think our return will be fine, at the same time I won't be upset with KP if it's below average.
    Huh? Woj has said plenty about this. Go to post 3721 by CJ Jones on p. 149 where he posted the video of Woj talking. From about the 25-27 minute mark, Woj talks (paraphrasing) about how PG has made it known that he will sign with the Lakers. He even said Cleveland would trade Love for PG but PG has made it known he won't re-sign there.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 06-22-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Gonna be depressing when PG is still a Pacer after tonight

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    If Spurs can get anything for him Pop should be the new logo

Top 10 pick, that is pretty ambitious, but you never know what you can get until you put it out there.

BTW PG next to Khawhi under Pop would be a sick combo.
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He won't be their best player Booker is, also if teams are thinking what a player is going to do in (3 years, his contract is for 3), then nobody should be making trades.
    The last year is an opt out year. So its 2 years. And these are things you consider when dealing a high draft pick that will be on a cheap contract for the next 4-5ish seasons.

If Phx was on th me cusp of being good (sort of like Denver or even Portland), then the move makes sense. But a team that won 24 games? They're not close. It'd be Minnesota all over again

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I dont Hate K Love. He's an AS and a double double guy. But unless you have a lot of talent around him, you're not winning a lot of games with him as your best player.

Also, Love's contract is only guaranteed the next two years. So he could leave and go back to a championship team after next year. Phoenix would lose out in that trade big time.
    Double double guy is underselling him IMO. More like 20/10 guy on a team that has had three straight finals appearances. Some of his teams in Minny were as good as the pacers the last two years with PG as our best player. They just played in a much tougher conference. He might be just as impactful as PG was as the #1 option here. He will have much more of a green light than in cleveland. That being said, he's not really ideal long term he's not that young anymore.
    Lifelong pacers fan

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I don't know why people keep using the "Paul George won't play there" comment as an excuse to nix a trade. Paul George is under contract. He can't not show up and not expect to be fined by the NBA.

If there's one team he's not going to play for, it will be the Pacers. Period.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Lastly, Paul George doesn't have a "no trade" clause either. Indiana can trade him to any damn team they want if THAT team is willing to put with Paul George's BS for one year.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

The last year is an opt out year. So its 2 years. And these are things you consider when dealing a high draft pick that will be on a cheap contract for the next 4-5ish seasons.

If Phx was on th me cusp of being good (sort of like Denver or even Portland), then the move makes sense. But a team that won 24 games? They're not close. It'd be Minnesota all over again

I don't think anybody is trading for Love so he can take them to the promise land, whoever is trading for him they are adding him to whatever pieces they have.

I'm also not expecting Love to walk away from 25mil in 3 years either.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

I think it's funny that PG, who seems to be a bit of a diva, has everyone's trust that he won't mess up any trade.

Sports Logo

If Spurs can get anything for him Pop should be the new logo

Aldridge is one of Pritchard and McMillan's favorite players. I hope he doesn't end up as our consolation prize for PG.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Handoverfist For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Handoverfist View Post
    Aldridge is one of Pritchard and McMillan's favorite players. I hope he doesn't end up as our consolation prize for PG.
    Wow, if that did happen, we would then get to see what the combo of PG and Leonard looks like - except it is on the Spurs instead of the Pacers. That would be cruel

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Aldridge is the right fit for a team like Memphis him and Gasol could be kind of good.

Also I don't think is coincidence Spurs are looking for a top 10 pick this seems to me Pritchard driven, he wants at least a top 10 pick for PG (see the Lakers proposal with Kings).
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

At this rate, I really hope the Lakers end up not getting PG. Even though they'll probably be good in 2018, them sucking one more year would make me feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Wow, if that did happen, we would then get to see what the combo of PG and Leonard looks like - except it is on the Spurs instead of the Pacers. That would be cruel
    I actually love the Spurs so it wouldn't be that bad for me.

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    I think it's funny that PG, who seems to be a bit of a diva, has everyone's trust that he won't mess up any trade.
    Yeah let's trust the guy who was posing with JO/Granger on Thursday and saying he wants to win a title here before on Sunday saying he wants out lol.....

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Anyone that tells you Lakers have leverage over the Pacers has no idea what they're talking about.

The team that is feeling the pressure is LA. They have about 7.5 hours to land PG or they don't. The clock is ticking. Who has leverage?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    Double double guy is underselling him IMO. More like 20/10 guy on a team that has had three straight finals appearances. Some of his teams in Minny were as good as the pacers the last two years with PG as our best player. They just played in a much tougher conference. He might be just as impactful as PG was as the #1 option here. He will have much more of a green light than in cleveland. That being said, he's not really ideal long term he's not that young anymore.
    Just as impactful as PG? Not even close. I don't care about his stats.

I don't think anybody is trading for Love so he can take them to the promise land, whoever is trading for him they are adding him to whatever pieces they have.

I'm also not expecting Love to walk away from 25mil in 3 years either.
    If he's not leading you to the promise land, what's the point in trading for a guy that's nearly 1/4 of the cap? Especially for a young team like Phoenix.

Given his age and type of game, Love would be best served to go to a team trying to win now. SA, POR, DEN, UTAH would make more sense.

Also, with the way these salary's are going, he will opt out for a chance at a nice longer term contract

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Anyone that tells you Lakers have leverage over the Pacers has no idea what they're talking about.

The team that is feeling the pressure is LA. They have about 7.5 hours to land PG or they don't. The clock is ticking. Who has leverage?
    People keep saying LA is the only team with an offer. Yea they're the only team with an offer that's been declined. Rumored deals hardly ever happen because at one point they were discussed but declined & then people talk & it's leaked. The deals you don't hear about are the ones that happen because they're discussed & it happens. The ones in the rooms keep that info inside. If a deal isn't happening (like 27/28) then the ones in that room will talk & word spreads fast.

If he's not leading you to the promise land, what's the point in trading for a guy that's nearly 1/4 of the cap? Especially for a young team like Phoenix.

Given his age and type of game, Love would be best served to go to a team trying to win now. SA, POR, DEN, UTAH would make more sense.

Also, with the way these salary's are going, he will opt out for a chance at a nice longer term contract
    If you're only making moves to win a chip, you don't do anything.

Teams with playoff droughts value a trip.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post

Someone is sweating bullets in LA. At this point, it really comes down to who they prefer more. Ball or George? That's assuming tampering is not involved which I highly doubt.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    Just as impactful as PG? Not even close. I don't care about his stats.
    I think PG is a little better, but we are talking a top 15ish player vs 20-25. One of the best rebounders in the league and IMO a smarter player. Paul wouldn't seem as impactful as the third fiddle to lebron and kyrie either. He would turn into mostly a jump shooter with kyrie and lebron attacking the basket. Gotta have an open mind.
    Lifelong pacers fan

33. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    If you're only making moves to win a chip, you don't do anything.

Teams with playoff droughts value a trip.
    Does K.Love make Phx a playoff team? No.

But I do agree with your premise, which is why I added Denver, Utah, and Portland to my point. Portland and Utah made the playoffs, but they have holes at the 4 and a guy like Love would help them.

But a team like Phoenix? Just doesn't make sense to add a guy like Love in my opinion. Doesn't help much of anything.