Page 301 of 311 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 7755

Thread: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

Thinking about it Love is better than whatever **** sandwich Boston/Lakers are trying to offer Pacers.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Also the CP3 deal between Clippers/Houston helps the Pacers as Houston gave Clippers a lot of pieces for a possible rental and they didn't have to.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder what Pritchard would be willing to accept in a BOS deal, if we assume Paul will NOT sign an extension? In other words, what's the best we should expect to get in that scenario?

I fear it would be a bit nauseating. Like if we're lucky Zeller+ (to make salaries work) and the Brooklyn pick, or Avery Bradley+ and a lesser pick.
    Zeller plus Brooklyn pick would be a great haul with or without extension.

Sports Logo

Call me crazy, but wouldn't it be kinda stupid if Indiana/Boston didn't get something done? They've basically been talking about this trade since the 2017 trade deadline.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by cordobes View Post
    Even if PG agrees to an extension (which would gave him the 7-years maximum till 2020 - which is when he becomes eligible to the 10 years max), there are 3 different scenarios (the main ones):

1 - Hayward signs as a free-agent: creating the cap room to Hayward's contract and PG's extension is a complicated proposition and the roster would be Thomas, Hayward (maxed), George (maxed), Horford (maxed) and maybe (assuming PG and Hayward do a little discount) one out of Smart/Tatum/Brown. That's it, 5 players, plus the room exception and minimum salaries. No chance to sign Zizic or Yabusele, no chance to bring back free-agents. This team would lack depth (and probably another big man) to be a contender. So wouldn't keeping some of those premium assets be essential to try and improve the team into contending status in the next couple of years?

2 - Hayward stays in Utah or signs elsewhere (ditto for Blake Griffin, etc): would replacing Crowder with George turn the team into a contender? I don't think so and probably neither does Danny, otherwise he would have already pulled the trigger.

3 - Hayward signs on a sign'n'trade - this might be the only way of adding both Hayward and extended George without completely gutting the roster. But the unlikely timeline where Utah agree to sign and trade away their best player is the one where Ainge sends them pretty good the other way. But then there are two mouths to feed and limited assets to give out.

It's not clear cut to me that a renegotiated & extended Paul George is immensely more valuable than the on-his-way-to-LA Paul George. The risk might be worth it (unless George renegotiates and extends with a small salary increase to allow the team to keep more players - a different, but far-fetched, scenario).
    The 87 million owed to Horford over the next three years complicates issues. But Boston definitely has the assets to make a trade and and create the necessary cap room. Without much effort they can cover Gordon's 29ish million contract. To obtain George they would need to send probably a couple players back this way, but George is only going to make 19.3 million next year, so it should be pretty easy to work out. Boston would then have the issue of signing Thomas and George next year (and have Bird rights to both), but it would be hard to retain both.
    Danger Zone

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Also the CP3 deal between Clippers/Houston helps the Pacers as Houston gave Clippers a lot of pieces for a possible rental and they didn't have to.
    We would have to wait 60 days I think to trade for those pieces.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Call me crazy, but wouldn't it be kinda stupid if Indiana/Boston didn't get something done? They've basically been talking about this trade since the 2017 trade deadline.
    You ever had a friend that you both kinda knew you should be dating but it never really worked out? You were never both single at the same time and stuff like that but you had chemistry? That's this.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    The 87 million owed to Horford over the next three years complicates issues. But Boston definitely has the assets to make a trade and and create the necessary cap room. Without much effort they can cover Gordon's 29ish million contract. To obtain George they would need to send probably a couple players back this way, but George is only going to make 19.3 million next year, so it should be pretty easy to work out. Boston would then have the issue of signing Thomas and George next year (and have Bird rights to both), but it would be hard to retain both.
    I would let IT walk for PG. Keep Smart back for insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    We would have to wait 60 days I think to trade for those pieces.
    Think his point is that PG should get the Pacers much more on the market than CP3 should get the Clippers given the two situations.

I would let IT walk for PG. Keep Smart back for insurance.
    They have PG in Tatum. The idiots should have kept the #1 pick & taken Lonzo Ball or Fultz. Or hell if they had to gift wrap Philly a franchise player then take Dennis Smith Jr. Boston f'd that up. Funny they'll trade the #1 pick for Tatum but won't come off a future pick for PG. I hate to bust it but that Nets 2018 pick is going to be outside of the top 5

14. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Trade Paul for DeAndre Jordan, sign Hayward and re-sign Teague. That is a pretty good team.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Do it Utah so we can end this bs f*** Boston

We aren't getting anything for PG because he's a piece of trash. 1 first rounder would be a coup. I just hope he fails. He's going to have 12 kids in a couple of years so I doubt he will keep much money.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    They have PG in Tatum. The idiots should have kept the #1 pick & taken Lonzo Ball or Fultz. Or hell if they had to gift wrap Philly a franchise player then take Dennis Smith Jr. Boston f'd that up. Funny they'll trade the #1 pick for Tatum but won't come off a future pick for PG. I hate to bust it but that Nets 2018 pick is going to be outside of the top 5
    I don't know where to start. Should I?

Fultz looks good in workouts, but he couldn't even get Washington to .500 . Beasley got his team to the tourney and how did that work out for Miami?

Fultz isn't that much greater than Lonzo, Jackson, and Tatum. So they got an extra lottery pick to get a player that Stevens wanted.

And if you think the Nets will be better without Lopez we can't discuss anything really.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Fultz looks good in workouts, but he couldn't even get Washington to .500 . Beasley got his team to the tourney and how did that work out for Miami?

Fultz isn't that much greater than Lonzo, Jackson, and Tatum. So they got an extra lottery pick to get a player that Stevens wanted.

And if you think the Nets will be better without Lopez we can't discuss anything really.
    Fultz' teammates sucked. Actually impressed they got 9 wins. If you put Fultz on UCLA & Lonzo on Washington you'd get similar outcomes yet Washington would win a few more because Lonzo makes everyone better.

Brook Lopez's stats might impress you but he was holding that team down. Getting DLo was great for them just in case Lin gets hurt again. People don't realize how valuable Jeremy Lin was to them...when he went down they never recovered. Until he returned. I'm no Jeremy Lin fan either, you can make fun of him all you want but it's just a fact. Nets will win 30+ games this year if healthy

Sports Logo

One thing to keep in mind....I'm really wondering if Ainge has spoken to KP about whether he will ACTUALLY sign an extension or not with the Celtics. The offer for a rental is much less than an offer for an Extended All Star type Player like PG13. I can understand justification for a low ball offer from Ainge/Celtics if PG13 has not confirmed that he will sign an extension with the Celtics if he is traded there.....but if Ainge has received confirmation that PG13 will sign an extension DiRECTLY from PG13 himself, then the offer should be higher.

But as UB said before.....I think that we are in a holding pattern until we find out what happens with Hayward.

It really sounds like Ainge/Celtics are waiting for Hayward to decide before making the final offer for PG13....and Hayward won't meet with the Celtics until Monday....who will then meet with the Jazz after that. That means that we won't really know til Tuesday evening at the earliest. That then assumes that there is on final negotiations between Ainge and KP.

The only hope that we have is that the Cavs or Wizards starts to sweeten any trade offers that they have for PG13 which ( I hope ) puts more pressure on Ainge to up their offer to KP.

At this point, Hayward is the 1st domino to fall.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I totally understand where you & everyone are coming from not watching a single Nets game last season outside of Pacers vs Nets. Then again the Nets looked good against Indiana so that doesn't make sense, but seeing "20 wins" & then losing their "best player" I get it. You just don't know. Again, which is understandable

Celtics picks since 2010:

Avery Bradley(#19), MarShon Brooks(#25), Jared Sullinger (#21), Fab Melo (#22), Marcus Smart (#6), James Young (#17), Terry Rozier (#16), RJ Hunter (#28), Jaylen Brown (#3), Guerschon Yabusele (#16), Ante Zizic (#23), Tatum (#3).

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Nets will win 30+ games this year if healthy
    I would take that bet and go to the bank

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Question: How much of a downgrade is Otto Porter defensively from PG?

I would take that bet and go to the bank
    Hoping Vegas screws up their OU because I will hammer the dog 💩 out of the over. Last year I had the U on 20.5. They ended with 20. This is why I know what I'm talking about...I watched more Nets games & paid more attention to their scores than a Nets fan in BKN. When you have the $ I did on it you'd pay attention too. Sick hit

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Just my guess.....but not a significant downgrade on the defensive end.

Porter was the Wizards 3D guy. He was the guy that they threw at the opposing Team's scoring wings. I am sure that PG13 ( when he is focused ) is an Elite level perimeter defender. But Porter is AT WORST an above average Perimeter PLUS perimeter defender.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post

Not sure of his entire defensive ability but there is this classic.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Idk if this was an option but we should have traded PG to HOU for Gordon, Beverley & Dekker.

Can they ad more pieces to the sign and trade?

The guy certainly can shoot the ball. I don't watch Washington much, so I have no idea about his defense. Anyone know?