Page 38 of 249 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Thread: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

Lonzo is going to be happy wherever he goes & he's going to go to to that team & help them win.

Lavar Ball, who you guys all talk about & mix the 2 up with, prefers his son plays for the Lakers. Like PG, that his preference. Lavar Ball is not following Lonzo anywhere. Hell, there's even a chance LA doesn't even take Lonzo @ 2. If Lonzo gets drafted 14th to Miami, 1st to Philly or 18th to Indiana Lavar is staying in his house in Chino. Just like the other 59 players drafted, Lonzo will go to his franchise happy & will play ball.

You guys all wanna talk about Lavar Ball all the time & not the player in the draft. Stop talking about Lavar Ball & stop mixing the 2 up. Everyone *****es about Lavar Ball but you're the ones who keep talking about him. You notice how quiet he's been lately? Just like he was "quiet" 2 months ago & beyond? It's because nobody is talking about him or bringing him on the shows. Lonzo is like every other kid in this class.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His dad would literally trash every player on the team after every single game, until Lonzo was traded. He would make it as uncomfortable as possible.
    Smh

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Lonzo is like every other kid in this class.
    no he's not, he moves like he's 35

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Smh
    It is what it is. He trashed the "white guys" on Lonzo's UCLA team to deflect from the fact his son got worked over by D'Aaron Fox.

Lonzo seems like a good kid. But his dad still runs his life and it's going to be that way for now. He will absolutely say the most offensive, outlandish **** possible to get everyone in Indiana to hate him so much that they're willing to ship Lonzo out just to be rid of him. Won't take a whole lot.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    His dad would literally trash every player on the team after every single game, until Lonzo was traded. He would make it as uncomfortable as possible.
    A Lance Stephenson - Lavar Ball interaction after Lavar trashed Born Ready would be must see.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

The best scenario now that I've had realistic time to think it over would be if Reggie Miller gets to broadcast PGs first game back in Indiana - and we show PG how much this city loves Reggie even though he never won a title for us - and that'll show him what he could have had as a legacy even if he never won here.

If PG never wins a title in LA - he's not going to be remembered like he would have been here. That's for damn sure. It is title or bust with the Lakers. (And even with a title, he's just another guy in LA).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lonzo is going to be happy wherever he goes & he's going to go to to that team & help them win.

Lavar Ball, who you guys all talk about & mix the 2 up with, prefers his son plays for the Lakers. Like PG, that his preference. Lavar Ball is not following Lonzo anywhere. Hell, there's even a chance LA doesn't even take Lonzo @ 2. If Lonzo gets drafted 14th to Miami, 1st to Philly or 18th to Indiana Lavar is staying in his house in Chino. Just like the other 59 players drafted, Lonzo will go to his franchise happy & will play ball.

You guys all wanna talk about Lavar Ball all the time & not the player in the draft. Stop talking about Lavar Ball & stop mixing the 2 up. Everyone *****es about Lavar Ball but you're the ones who keep talking about him. You notice how quiet he's been lately? Just like he was "quiet" 2 months ago & beyond? It's because nobody is talking about him or bringing him on the shows. Lonzo is like every other kid in this class.
    I'm talking about Lonzo, not he who must not be named. I don't like Lonzo's game. I think that shot is going to get blocked constantly, and it's hard to see a non-scorer take over a game. In today's NBA your PG has to be able to do that. That's why I prefer both Fox and Smith Jr over him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:

Now if Pritchard could get a pick high enough to get Monk it would be a very happy day for me
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I don't think spending is our problem. We've given max contracts and bounced on the salary cap pretty consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Well crap, if this is true the Pacers are going back to the lottery. If the Pacers are not willing to spend to go after a title then no top player will ever stay again. Good thing we showed PG that we have no loyalty to our players with the Danny Grainger trade! I really think this all goes back to that.

I think it's time to get serious with Cleveland and force the Lakers to surrender the 2nd overall pick.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    I think it's time to get serious with Cleveland and force the Lakers to surrender the 2nd overall pick.
    you're gonna be really disappointed with what we get

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    you're gonna be really disappointed with what we get
    I'm not so sure. I think worse case we'll get Tristan Thompson + First from Cleveland, or Love. Los Angeles isn't going to want to see PG in Cleveland because he could re-sign there--playing with LeBron and Kyrie and a lock to make the Finals (barring everyone stays healthy).

Mood

It was a mistake that we didn't trade him at the trade deadline. Maybe now people will stop burying their heads in the sand. Also, it's hilarious how so many want to tank now, I've been on board for tanking since the offseason began and how many were completely against that?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    It was a mistake that we didn't trade him at the trade deadline. Maybe now people will stop burying their heads in the sand. Also, it's hilarious how so many want to tank now, I've been on board for tanking since the offseason began and how many were completely against that?
    only people burying their heads in the sand are the people ignoring that THE INDIANA PACERS ARE LANCE STEPHENSON'S TEAM NOW. LET'S GO FOR A RIDE BOYS.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

How in the world could someone not like Lonzo Ball's game? You must not like beautiful basketball. Kid plays the game the right way. Makes passes you won't see any other pg in the league make. That'd be like not liking Jason Kidd's game.

Lonzo and Jackson are by far the two best players in this draft IMO. But I wouldn't touch Ball given his family and the position he plays. If we can get Jackson out of this, the Pacers will have themselves a player who's truly not that far off from Paul George's level right now, and with more potential.

How in the world could someone not like Lonzo Ball's game? You must not like beautiful basketball. Kid plays the game the right way. Makes passes you won't see any other pg in the league make. That'd be like not liking Jason Kidd's game.
    Dude we don't want Lonzo because he as Paul George wants to play in LA, let it go.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Also I don't think there is much difference between Rubio or Ball other than ball is a better shooter(in college) while Rubio is the better defender.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if we can get Rubio let's get him.

ESPN guy reporting Cavs are willing to take on PG for Love even if they don't get assurance from PG that he is signing an extension, according to Dave Mcmenamin the player coming back would be Love.

Entire board has no idea what they're talking about when it comes to Lonzo Ball. Comical tbh. As bad as I've wanted PG gone I want Lonzo here just as bad. I'm getting my first wish. Let's get #2 done Pritch.

Mood

OK, c'mon Pritchard, we've all chewed off our fingernails and pulled out our hair already - let's go ahead and finalize a trade before lunch today so we can exhale.

I think we might see a trade before Thursday, but I'm concerned that we'll have to sit here nervously waiting and if it gets to Thursday, we'll end with the least possible return we can get. The buzz started last night, so today is the day to leak every discussion and try to regain some leverage by creating urgency. Let reporters know we are talking seriously with Cleveland, call Boston and report "advanced talks," don't answer calls from the Lakers yet, talk about 2-3 darkhorse teams like Miami, Denver, Portland, get teams like Sacto and Brooklyn and Dallas involved because no one knows what they're capable of doing - and then before the dust settles and teams start to call b.s. on any of it, take the best deal out there.

Just don't make us wait here in agony while the clock ticks on the very little (almost non-existent) leverage.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

Of course Kevin Love would be the player coming back.

But with LA working on a 2nd lottery pick, the Pacers are going to wait that situation out & go that route. Pacers would rather have the lottery pick than Love.

I expect PG to be apart of the Lakers in the next 60 hours or so. By Wednesday we'll get a deal done with LA.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    The thing we are missing here is PG's agent telling every team(again) that he is only going to Lakers as soon as the rumors start, Pacers can have the greatest offer from anybody but that team would want to make sure he wants to play there and he won't do that.

Only option to me seems Cavs, Celtics just because they can do the picks (not including #3) and Lakers that's it.

No team is living in a vacuum where they don't already know PG wants to go to the Lakers. There are teams who need a player like PG that could be willing to take a one year rental of PG to give them a shot at the championship finals. Plus hope PG likes the situation there enough that he'd want to stay. Portland seems like a good candidate.with Crabbe and picks.

After the doom for me has wore off, I can see a possible glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel that this situation might not be as bad as it looks.

Who in the lottery is looking to trade out? I recall seeing somewhere 1 team was willing to trade out, Charlotte maybe? Detroit?? I think it was 1 of the 2. Also Sacramento has 2 lottery picks so their 10th could be in play.

So it'll likely be pick 10-12 which we should draft Mitchell.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    ESPN guy reporting Cavs are willing to take on PG for Love even if they don't get assurance from PG that he is signing an extension, according to Dave Mcmenamin the player coming back would be Love.

Yuck, I'd rather have young assets and picks. Love will just come here and put up a bunch of stats on a 37 win team.

I'd rather make PG suffer another season here than have Love.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: