Page 241 of 241 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241
Results 6,001 to 6,011 of 6011

Thread: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

Default Re: George informs Pacers of intent to Leave: Woj

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I essentially agree with what you're saying actually. I just don't think the fans are being hypocrites. Being angry with a certain player for leaving doesn't necessarily equate to an endorsement of the front office. Fans can't control what the front office does or does not do. I am not happy that Paul George is choosing to leave Indianapolis or the manner in which he is doing it. At the same time, I think the front office and Bird especially bears a lot of the blame for the situation we're in today. My disappointment in the Paul George situation is more that I don't get to see the Pacers win more games, it doesn't really have anything to do with the front office one way or another.
    I can see that but for me I stated at least two years ago around these parts barring a title run Paul is leaving the Pacers.

Of course I didn't expect it to play out in this fashion but him leaving wasn't a surprise to me as to how he went about it and the timing.

Which is probably why I'm not too upset over this. Because I figured he would leave and well the FO would've screwed it up even if he kept his mouth shut and walked.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    Of course PG will be just fine, assuming he adjusts to sharing the ball with players as good as him and/or doesn't throw a fit to media when things get tough.

But the franchise is certainly held hostage. He asked for a trade a week before draft after telling KP he wanted to stay. Hell, 24 hours before he said he want to bring a chip to Indy! This was unprovoked. All he has to say is "I'm not commenting on my contract."

It's really baffling you can't grasp what he has done wrong.
    The worst thing he did was give those statements during the softball game. Also revealing his plans to sign with the Lakers next summer didnt help.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    Right, I remember fans being mad at Irsay.
    There were some that wanted Manning to stay but most wanted him gone after all it was a business. It was 5 years ago but I still remember this.

Some even supported the Broncos as a result because they were Manning fans first. But those who are Colts fans first agreed with Irsay's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    I would bet that it's more like Crabbe, Vonleh or Leonard and draft picks. I thought that would have been the case before the draft. Slight chance that Zach Collins could be included.
    You have to get McCollum for Paul. Crabbe (who just had foot surgery), Vonleh (LOL), and Leonard (LOL and then LOL some more) is a TERRIBLE package for Paul.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I can see that but for me I stated at least two years ago around these parts barring a title run Paul is leaving the Pacers.

Of course I didn't expect it to play out in this fashion but him leaving wasn't a surprise to me as to how he went about it and the timing.

Which is probably why I'm not too upset over this. Because I figured he would leave and well the FO would've screwed it up even if he kept his mouth shut and walked.
    Yeah, it was pretty clear to me that he was gone early last season especially, when Monta and Jefferson were playing so poorly. The Pacers were essentially throwing **** against the wall to try to make something stick just like the Cavs were during Lebron's first go around when they were bringing in ancient Ben Wallace, ancient Shaq, Wally Z, and guys like that.

Still, there's something that makes it tough when you find out its happening for real. I had a close relative who was terminally ill die a couple years ago. I knew probably 6-9 months out that he wouldn't live much longer. But when things take their course, it is that much worse. I hate to use this analogy but he was a basketball nut so he'd probably appreciate it.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Yeah, it was pretty clear to me that he was gone early last season especially, when Monta and Jefferson were playing so poorly. The Pacers were essentially throwing **** against the wall to try to make something stick just like the Cavs were during Lebron's first go around when they were bringing in ancient Ben Wallace, ancient Shaq, Wally Z, and guys like that.
    They probably would've done the same had PG kept his mouth shut. Of course they might still do this anyways because they rather retool a mediocre roster rather than rebuild for some inexplicable reason.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Still, there's something that makes it tough when you find out its happening for real. I had a close relative who was terminally ill die a couple years ago. I knew probably 6-9 months out that he wouldn't live much longer. But when things take their course, it is that much worse. I hate to use this analogy but he was a basketball nut so he'd probably appreciate it.

Yep even if he didn't say anything Pacers should have been preparing for his departure but it looks like they are too inept.

"Punch to the gut" translates to we suck at our jobs.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Seriously you want to convince the diva to stay? Go all in on Jimmy even if Myles is the cost, once you get Jimmy get a meeting with CP3, Lowry and others.

Pacers going all in was the equivalent of what Cavs did with Jameson, Shaq and others.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Seriously you want to convince the diva to stay? Go all in on Jimmy even if Myles is the cost, once you get Jimmy get a meeting with CP3, Lowry and others.

Pacers going all in was the equivalent of what Cavs did with Jameson, Shaq and others.
    Nope, if he doesn't want to stay get the **** out. Even if that happened it's only a missed playoffs or bad stretch away from pulling this **** again. Please punt this ***** soon.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pending him signing an extension with us, I think it's safe to say that the 'go all in' with PG ship has sailed and is about 3/4th's of the way around the globe by now.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yep even if he didn't say anything Pacers should have been preparing for his departure but it looks like they are too inept.

"Punch to the gut" translates to we suck at our jobs.
    Admittedly, if PG was telling them behind the scenes he had no interest in playing anywhere but Indiana then it mitigates things a bit. But then we have to consider all the evidence media and fans were seeing that led many to believe he was gone. So the FO should've been hedging their bets at best. PG has never been accused of being mature so it's not a surprise that he's pulled this, and pulled it in this way.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden