Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look who we ran into last night... :)

Default Re: Look who we ran into last night... :)

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The kids look really, REALLY excited! I'll bet your son talked about that all evening.

Since you asked. Here is my list off the top of my head. I am no insider by any means and just happened to see people.

1) I saw Reggie Miller walking into Stardust Bowl in Noblesville. It has been years but I think it was for some kind of benefit. He was wearing an ivy cap and I opened the door for him.
    2) I stood in line for Chinese behind Rasheed Wallace. This was during the playoffs at Circle Center Mall. He was wearing head phones to avoid being interrupted. I get my food and walk around and I see roughly 8 pistons sitting around a table eating lunch.
    3) I walked right by Danny Granger in Circle Center with hardly anyone else in the hall. I said nothing because I would not want bothered either.
    4) I saw Sarunas J. at the Fashion Mall with...I assume his wife and kid. Walked right by him too.
    5) I go out to the mall for lunch (I work right near it) and Keith Urban is giving an impromptu concert. It was amazing. The dude is a major lady killer.
    6) I've seen Jim O'Brien twice. Once in Subway in the PNC bank building. Another time I sat right behind him at a Special Olympics swimming event in Terre Haute.
    7) I shook Richard Lugar's hand in McDonalds near Park 100.
    8) I walked right by Mike Pence as he was walking into the Rotunda at the state house when he was governor, to give the state of the state speech. Also saw him at Jimmy Johns.
    9) As a child, shook Jerry Sichting's hand at Noblesville High School. He and another player were at the school for some reason or another.

...and of course my biggest...lol
    10) I saw Rodney Stuckey less than a year ago walking in the mall toward the food court with his kid. Rodney looked like your average person, but definitely recognized him.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Undefeated

Doc, great post. Thank you for sharing.
    Danger Zone

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

Doc, you get some great info out of players/coaches. This is on part with your Brandon Rush run in.

I'm glad Frank holds no I'll will towards the Pacers. I really wish he was here and would take him back in a second.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I didn't have a problem with them parting ways from Frank I think he took this team as far as it could go. I had an issue with how Larry handled it and he went with Nate as his replacement. If you are going to replace Vogel I expect an upgrade not a lateral move.
    A lateral move? We made a SERIOUS downgrade IMO.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Look who we ran into last night... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    The kids look really, REALLY excited! I'll bet your son talked about that all evening.
    Hah, he did! I wouldn't have even had the conversation this time if it wasn't for him.

I'm certainly not afraid to walk up to folks in the NBA (and have done so many times), so that's maybe one of the (rare, few) good things that I can impart on him that exceeds mom's genes. LOL.

Here's another one where they look more excited (Frank's wife offered to take this one, LOL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Awesome stuff, bud!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I didn't realize they still own their house here. he lives about 10 minutes walking distance from where I live. I would see him at soccer games, pool, workout facility, once or twice.

I thin Nate is as good as Frank X's and O's, but Frank has to be a better motivator that Nate. But Nate is a lot better coach then most people in this forum give him credit for

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I don't think Vogel is the young Gregg Popovich that some seem to think he is on this forum, but at the same time, he seems like a really good person and a good coach at that. I wasn't against him being replaced (especially with how he handled the prior Toronto playoff series), but the Pacers made no better than a lateral move, probably even worse by promoting Nate McMillan--who was already on Vogel's staff.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

How about stories talking to larry bird.

Sports Logo

Come home Frank, come home. It's liberating, and frugal.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    A lateral move? We made a SERIOUS downgrade IMO.
    The Pacers didn't do worse than they did a season before except getting swept by LeBron rather than losing in 7 games to the Raptors.

I didn't see that much of a difference which I guess isn't too surprising considering McMillan was Vogel's assistant.

They needed to get new blood rather than promoting the assistant of the previous coach because they are too cheap to hire outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

I also love how Pierce is OK with it until today, he is even proud of been able to help the Celtics by netting them all those picks, I really wish we had a GM with those type of cojones.
    He says that now because he's retired and its not as if the Celtics have done anything that mattered afterwards. I bet he didn't feel that way when it happened though they rarely do.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    I don't think Vogel is the young Gregg Popovich that some seem to think he is on this forum, but at the same time, he seems like a really good person and a good coach at that. I wasn't against him being replaced (especially with how he handled the prior Toronto playoff series), but the Pacers made no better than a lateral move, probably even worse by promoting Nate McMillan--who was already on Vogel's staff.
    I've never once heard anyone think Vogel was a young Pop. Stop it with that silliness.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: