Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason/Trade Rumors

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Offseason/Trade Rumors

I don't have the W/L records in front of me, but is Fultz's situation anything like when Paul George was an unknown because he didn't go to a big school? I remember that being one of the reasons he was there at #10, maybe even the biggest reason?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lakers going for Jackson would be a huge break for Boston. I think he's this year's Wesley Johnson.
    Damn I was just thinking the same thing, I'll be afraid to make a move like that just to draft the next Wesley Johnson.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Draft Express updated their mock this morning and has Boston taking Tatum at 3. I think Tatum is surefire and the right pick for Boston.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lakers going for Jackson would be a huge break for Boston. I think he's this year's Wesley Johnson.
    Jackson's older than 6 of last year's lottery picks, despite being a freshman this year.
    #DBAP

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's always fascinating how every year at draft time there's a loose consensus of who the best guys are, while history always seems to show what a near-gamble, almost crapshoot, it is when seen from the perspective of who got picked where. Is it ever the case where the best guys all went 1,2,3,4,5,6,7? Seems like there's always at least one guy in that area that is way worse than expected.

So when I see these top picks being traded it's exciting yet kind of scary at the same time. Fultz produces, Philly looks great. He flops, and/or whomever Boston takes at 3 pans out, it's a disaster. Crazy.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I'd like to see a study on these players as they seem to have similar attributes: off the charts athleticism, good form but a shot that's not there yet, defensive potential but not there yet, and they are inconsistent or passive.

Draft Express updated their mock this morning and has Boston taking Tatum at 3. I think Tatum is surefire and the right pick for Boston.
    Interesting. From what I saw on the court in Kansas games vs Duke games- id definitely say Jackson was a larger part of making plays than Tatum was for Duke- and Kansas was the better team. Obviously pro bball is a different game and Jackson had offcourt issues - but what makes Tatum a surefire in your mind while Jackson is "Wesley Johnson"?

Mood

Sports Logo

Jackson has a surprisingly short standing reach. Otherwise, I'm high on him.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    It's always fascinating how every year at draft time there's a loose consensus of who the best guys are, while history always seems to show what a near-gamble, almost crapshoot, it is when seen from the perspective of who got picked where. Is it ever the case where the best guys all went 1,2,3,4,5,6,7? Seems like there's always at least one guy in that area that is way worse than expected.

So when I see these top picks being traded it's exciting yet kind of scary at the same time. Fultz produces, Philly looks great. He flops, and/or whomever Boston takes at 3 pans out, it's a disaster. Crazy.
    Completely agree but I think history does tend to show that #1 Overall tends to work out much more so than the rest of the top 5. I feel like both Philly and Boston are gambling but Philly is paying more to have better odds.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow. The future, in a nice chart form.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    Interesting. From what I saw on the court in Kansas games vs Duke games- id definitely say Jackson was a larger part of making plays than Tatum was for Duke- and Kansas was the better team. Obviously pro bball is a different game and Jackson had offcourt issues - but what makes Tatum a surefire in your mind while Jackson is "Wesley Johnson"?
    I'm admittedly going off of limited research, but you could paste Wesley's scouting report next to Jackson's and you wouldn't be able to tell them apart in crucial areas. They're both streaky shooters (one started rough and finished 25-52, the other started rough and finished 25-55) with rough half-court games (Jackson shoots 20% from mid-range off the dribble and 28% off pick and roll). When I watched Tatum play, I thought he had no problem doing what he wanted to do on the court. He looks like he's got a lot of moves in his arsenal that will allow him to get shots against anyone. And none of it is reliant upon athleticism.

In other words, one is athletic and the other is skilled. Skills almost always transfer, but athleticism doesn't.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Not great for the Pacers title chances in ~5 years, but I hope Simmons + Embiid stay healthy enough to see what that young 76ers core could become. Fultz+Covington+Simmons+Embiid should make Philly fans verrrrry happy.

I see some Jimmy Butler in Jackson, who would obviously fit with what Brad Stevens does defensively in Boston.

So Fultz has knee issues? no wonder why Ainge was like no thanks.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    I see some Jimmy Butler in Jackson, who would obviously fit with what Brad Stevens does defensively in Boston.
    It'll be Tatum

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    It'll be Tatum
    "The Celtics are keeping the pick and it'll be Fultz"

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    True. Ainge could trade 3 for god knows what other picks he may want.

Sports Logo

Ainge's ego got the best of him here.

Not wanting Fultz cause he has plenty of guards. I remember a time not long ago when the Pacers traded Leonard cause they had PG and Granger. Good times right.

BPA!!!!
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Best thing to do is to ignore Ryan. You'd think hes best friends or related to Danny Ainge as much as he "knows."

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Best thing to do is to ignore Ryan. You'd think hes best friends or related to Danny Ainge as much as he "knows."
    Nobody expected the pick to be traded to Philly. I never claim to know it all just passing on what people who are connected are saying. I know you're sad about PG but have a beer and relax. Everything's going to be okay.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    Not great for the Pacers title chances in ~5 years, but I hope Simmons + Embiid stay healthy enough to see what that young 76ers core could become. Fultz+Covington+Simmons+Embiid should make Philly fans verrrrry happy.
    Why do people keep ignoring Saric? He's good.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

So Ainge and Stevens gotta be the best GM/HC duo in the league right? you got Myers/Kerr but I put more emphasis on wheeling and dealing when proving an exec's bona fides than I do just drafting really well. unless RC Buford gets CP3 this summer, but that Aldridge deal looks pretty crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Nobody expected the pick to be traded to Philly. I never claim to know it all just passing on what people who are connected are saying. I know you're sad about PG but have a beer and relax. Everything's going to be okay.
    You know I'm sad about PG? Are you ever right?

That's too funny.

Wondering out loud....Do any of you think that PG is willing to pick up his final year player option if it means going to a team like Cleveland where he can pair up with a team that he feels is a surefire championship contender to facilitate us getting more back in the deal ? Maybe this is the difference in getting .25 to the dollar and close to full value for him ?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Wylder1324 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Wylder1324 View Post
    Wondering out loud....Do any of you think that PG is willing to pick up his final year player option if it means going to a team like Cleveland where he can pair up with a team that he feels is a surefire championship contender to facilitate us getting more back in the deal ? Maybe this is the difference in getting .25 to the dollar and close to full value for him ?
    At first I was thinking Cleveland would be the only possible team he'd do that for, but maybe the Clippers if they manage to re-sign CP3 and Blake because that'd be a monster team and opting in could allow them to have cap space for another contributor, plus he'd be in LA. I think he'd be pretty content in Miami if they could use the Bosh cap space to lure another top star and PG could have his pick of the strippers down there, plus Riley would be about the only GM with the swag to convince a player to do that, plus the no-income-tax thing.

I don't think he'd be likely to do it in Boston, he'd want a fresh contract. Toronto, Washington, Portland, or any of the other contenders that might be thinking about it likely wouldn't have the appeal in terms of roster or location that those others might have. And obviously, it's entirely conjecture on my part - he'll almost certainly opt out and go for whatever team he wants because everyone will pay him the max.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post: