Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 126

Thread: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

  1. #26

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Also we can stretch it over two year so. Bye monta. Good riddance

  2. #27
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,185
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Dave For This Useful Post:


  4. #28

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    If the man wants to smoke some weed let him smoke weed. Damn

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to BornIndy07 For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,733

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the man wants to smoke some weed let him smoke weed. Damn
    It's not the weed. It's that he didn't care enough not to get caught three times.

    If it's that important to you that you don't mind hurting your career and your team, you probably deserve to be suspended.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  7. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  8. #30
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,825

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Also for those of you who would constantly question me about Monta and Frank back in the day when I would tell you he was an issue


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  10. #31
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    34,033

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also for those of you who would constantly question me about Monta and Frank back in the day when I would tell you he was an issue
    Him getting suspended for smoking weed proves your point? how?
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  12. #32
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    10,111
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Him getting suspended for smoking weed proves your point? how?
    It is not about the weed. It is about not caring enough to have three positive drug test and hurting your team. If he doesn't care about that then it is not a stretch to say he doesn't care on the court either.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  14. #33
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,944

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The straw? LOL
    Exactly, it could be some type of supplement , we don't know yet
    Sittin on top of the world!

  15. #34
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,944

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you remember that the suspension essentially comes on the 3rd offense, this is a level of dumb. There may be arguments made that it's legal, but there are lots of things that are legal that employers don't want you doing.
    I'm not saying your incorrect, but I thought you get suspended on the first offense no?
    Sittin on top of the world!

  16. #35
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,733

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not saying your incorrect, but I thought you get suspended on the first offense no?
    First offense if it's PEDs. Drugs is 3.

    The NBA has set it up so you have to really try hard to get suspended for getting high. Not just any idiot can get it done.
    Last edited by Kstat; 06-16-2017 at 03:42 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  18. #36
    Lurker of the Year Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fountain Square
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,685

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The straw? LOL
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_...camel%27s_back
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  19. #37
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,944

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the man wants to smoke some weed let him smoke weed. Damn
    I hope it was some bangin azz loud, it cost him over 370K!!!

    Dizzzaaammmm
    Sittin on top of the world!

  20. #38
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Damn...only five games?
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

    1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

  21. #39
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,733

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn...only five games?
    He gets 10 on the next one

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  22. #40
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,152

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also for those of you who would constantly question me about Monta and Frank back in the day when I would tell you he was an issue
    I just thought it was on Vogel for not being able to handle the issue.

  23. #41
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    10,111
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just thought it was on Vogel for not being able to handle the issue.
    Ultimately it is on Bird. Vogel's inability to manage a player that multiple coaches couldn't manage is not Vogel's fault.

  24. #42
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,139

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Seriously these teams need to start forcing these players to sign a clause that convert their contracts to non-garunteed deals upon a 3rd drug offense. I'm really surprised the owners haven't drawn a line in the sand on this type of stuff in the CBA. Contracts are approaching ridiculous levels that even a solid bench player costs you 10 million at season, you can't be having guys making decisions that hurt the team with this kind of money attached to them.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  26. #43
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,733

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously these teams need to start forcing these players to sign a clause that convert their contracts to non-garunteed deals upon a 3rd drug offense. I'm really surprised the owners haven't drawn a line in the sand on this type of stuff in the CBA.
    The owners have significantly reduced drug penalties in return for stricter PED penalties. They care less about players getting high and more about it affecting their job performance. This is a happy medium where they weed out the guys that don't care enough about their jobs.

    To be clear, hard stuff like coke, heroin, meth etc. will still get you kicked out of the league quickly. They just don't care about weed, nor should they.
    Last edited by Kstat; 06-16-2017 at 04:08 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  28. #44
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,773

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    https://youtu.be/tbMoYOPBZik

    "stayyyyy offfff theeeee weeeeeeeeeed"

  29. #45
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,944

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    I'm not trying to preach, but whether you smoke or not, its a tragedy that's not 100% legal. It has scientific benefits and has helped a number of athletes with post career pain

    I'm just saying cigarettes and alcohol are "legal" but are far more detrimental in my opinion (and a great number of physicians)
    Sittin on top of the world!

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  31. #46
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The owners have significantly reduced drug penalties in return for stricter PED penalties. They care less about players getting high and more about it affecting their job performance. This is a happy medium where they weed out the guys that don't care enough about their jobs.

    To be clear, hard stuff like coke, heroin, meth etc. will still get you kicked out of the league quickly. They just don't care about weed, nor should they.
    I see what you did there.
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

    1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

  32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  33. #47
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,825

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just thought it was on Vogel for not being able to handle the issue.
    He was told he could not handle it. The person who told him this is no longer in the position he once had, he is now a consultant.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  35. #48
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,139

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The owners have significantly reduced drug penalties in return for stricter PED penalties. They care less about players getting high and more about it affecting their job performance. This is a happy medium where they weed out the guys that don't care enough about their jobs.

    To be clear, hard stuff like coke, heroin, meth etc. will still get you kicked out of the league quickly. They just don't care about weed, nor should they.
    Hey 5 games at the start of the season is a big deal, you want to get out to a hot start. Monta isn't a starter level player anymore, but he is a solid contributor off the bench. This hurts the team more than the public perception of the weed. True, most people don't care about that much about weed these days, they just don't want you to be dumbass about it.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  37. #49
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    34,033

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games


    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  39. #50
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,733

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Monta Ellis suspended for five games

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Why are they still testing for cocaine? It's not a performance enhancer unless you're in a 70's rock and roll band...

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •