Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul George: Goal remains the same, win a championship with the Pacers.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Paul George: Goal remains the same, win a championship with the Pacers.

Same kind of stuff he's been saying. Doesn't really mean anything.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: Paul George: Goal remains the same, win a championship with the Pacers.

I ****ing hate Evan Turner

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I ****ing hate Evan Turner
    Could you translate what he said?
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Could you translate what he said?
    random fan asked him if he'd play with Melo, he said meep meep, other random asked about PG, he said that

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    If Paul wants to win a championship, why would he stay in Indiana?
    You're going to get a lot of flack for saying this despite the fact I agree unfortunately.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Paul is currently a Pacer. Yes, until he's not a Pacer his goal "remains the same"...for now.

If I'm Paul, I KNOW my goal has no chance of happening. Notice he says "championship"...not "get to the finals". Paul HAS to know he's not winning a title in Indiana. The Pacers couldn't compete with a team that could not compete with the champions. It's insane to think Paul can reach his goal in Indiana, especially with the state of the league now. We have a messed up weak roster.
    Are you okay? Couldn't compete with the team that couldn't compete with the champions? The Pacers lost by a total of like 10 points in the 4 games with an atrocious SG depth chart, a below average bench and a new coach who hasnt been a head coach in like 8 years. Sure a loss is a loss but we were a few stupid coach mistakes and a CJ miles shot away to a possible game 7 series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why you Grimpin?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingGeorge_24 For This Useful Post:

All I know is that if I ever need a PR person for my company I'm hiring somebody like freddie or Bills, Pacers need to hire them ASAP
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge_24 View Post
    Are you okay? Couldn't compete with the team that couldn't compete with the champions? The Pacers lost by a total of like 10 points in the 4 games with an atrocious SG depth chart, a below average bench and a new coach who hasnt been a head coach in like 8 years. Sure a loss is a loss but we were a few stupid coach mistakes and a CJ miles shot away to a possible game 7 series.

LOL. You have to be kidding. Cleveland was way better than the Pacers and only tried for about 1/2 of 1 game in that series. There is a huge gulf between the Pacers and the Cavs.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

There sure is a lot of negativity on this board about PG. Everyone seems so sure about what he is going to do.
    I for one want to see Pritchard do his best to get some help for PG. It is going to take 2-3 years to get it all together and
    really be a challenger and have all the parts learn how to play together. Lebron is probably leaving in a year. That opens up the east.
    If PG is traded the Pacers will be AT LEAST 5 years further back than they are now.
    You have fans of other teams drooling over the prospect of PG leaving the Pacers. And it is not because they think it would help the Pacers.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    All I know is that if I ever need a PR person for my company I'm hiring somebody like freddie or Bills, Pacers need to hire them ASAP
    Bills isn't already on the payroll????
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    For the record, I'm not saying PG is going to stay. I don't think anyone advocating to not trade PG has said that.

It's that everyone who wants PG traded says he's gone with absolute certainty.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    The media is trying to push George to Cleveland now.
    The media can shut their mouths now.

"Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post

And I still think Bird was fired...

This all sounds good, but remember he is at a celebrity softball game representing the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    The media is trying to push George to Cleveland now.
    Yeah, that's all media. Probably mostly Cleveland media.

There are rumors that LeBron may go to LA next summer. If the Pacers trade Paul to Cleveland, not only will we make Cleveland better, but we may keep LeBron there. If we keep Paul, maybe LeBron leaves. Maybe Paul leaves too, but we would be getting something for him...we would get LeBron out of the East and free up $30 million in cap space. I'll take that chance over sending him to Cleveland any day.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

How does has this PG to the Cavs gotten any traction. No way Pritchard's first move as team president is to send the franchise player to Cleveland and Lebron James. Ridiculous, like the whole league is just living in Lebrons world

You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

This is truly torture.. we may not know for another year if he is actually going to stay.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This is truly torture.. we may not know for another year if he is actually going to stay.
    OK. The scariest part is that I believe he believes it's possible. It is absolutely not possible. You get a false sense of security from the end of the season thinking we actually competed when we got swept. We didn't. We competed in year's past against Miami and even then it wasn't all that close.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    For the record, I'm not saying PG is going to stay. I don't think anyone advocating to not trade PG has said that.

It's that everyone who wants PG traded says he's gone with absolute certainty.
    A bunch of people have said that. Hell somebody even said it in this thread.

My whole thing is that nothing has really changed. We've heard similar things before, and right now it's just a waiting game until the draft and free agency roll around to see how this team gets shaped. Anything before then is just noise.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think this is getting kinda crazy, lol... people all in a tizzy. I get the vibe, as I always have, that he's here to stay. The media and internet has absolutely gone bananas with this one, and it's funny to watch it. I think he's staying, and it's not even really in question, especially for the next year. Can he walk after that? Sure. I don't think he will; like he said, this is his team. This is his opportunity to build a legacy. He can make more money. He's not unhappy here. He lives here. All he's ever said is, he wants to win a championship, and he didn't say he didn't care where he got it. He has said repeatedly, he wants to bring one to Indiana. To me, all signs point to him wanting to work it out here, and yet everyone on the internet has sold themselves on the opposite, lol...
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 06-15-2017 at 11:34 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    A bunch of people have said that. Hell somebody even said it in this thread.

My whole thing is that nothing has really changed. We've heard similar things before, and right now it's just a waiting game until the draft and free agency roll around to see how this team gets shaped. Anything before then is just noise.
    People have said PG is for sure staying? My mistake, I honestly have not seen that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

That's easily the most valuable thing I've seen him tweet.

That's a pretty clear, unedited quote. I think there's a relatively decent chance we trade our pick for instant help.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    That's easily the most valuable thing I've seen him tweet.

That's a pretty clear, unedited quote. I think there's a relatively decent chance we trade our pick for instant help.

I think this is what Larry was intending and I suspect KP will do the same ... and then put his own stamp on the franchise by securing a late-first-round pick. I've not bought into the Hayward hype; I think we'd be better served by acquiring/signing two quality veterans (e.g., BLopez & JJ Redick) and a rookie who can contribute (shooting or rebounding) right away. To do so, we have to jettison some unwanted cargo. Our pick will be the cost.

"I think if he is and we pass on Leaf we'd be some dumb mother ****ers."

- Larry Bird to Kevin Pritchard before their pick on Draft Day

Look in the past I have been the first to throw out the cynicism card never believing a single thing that any PR piece wants me to believe. But in this case I think the truth may just in fact be what is being said at face value. I think Paul wants to be a Pacer, i think he wants to win a title here. I believe that he is giving the team a chance to get players around him so that he can compete right here and right now. Does that mean he won't leave in a year? No, it means what it means. He will play out his contract and if we get say a Hayward or similar to him to come here and he can go into a deep EC finals run then i think he signs long term. If we go garbage bin shopping again (Ellis, Allen, Jefferson, Stuckey, Craperland, Miles, the list goes on) and we barely make it to the playoffs and flameout while he puts up superstar numbers then he goes to the team that give him the best chance to win.

That is why I say go all in right now. Trade picks, trade Turner if you have to but do whatever it is you have to do to bring in talent to give Paul a chance.

I guess this is my version of joining the sunshine brigade for a slice of sun pie.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

40. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I think this is getting kinda crazy, lol... people all in a tizzy. I get the vibe, as I always have, that he's here to stay. The media and internet has absolutely gone bananas with this one, and it's funny to watch it. I think he's staying, and it's not even really in question, especially for the next year. Can he walk after that? Sure. I don't think he will; like he said, this is his team. This is his opportunity to build a legacy. He can make more money. He's not unhappy here. He lives here. All he's ever said is, he wants to win a championship, and he didn't say he didn't care where he got it. He has said repeatedly, he wants to bring one to Indiana. To me, all signs point to him wanting to work it out here, and yet everyone on the internet has sold themselves on the opposite, lol...
    The thing is many thought Durant would stay in OKC until almost a year ago he shocked the NBA landscape and went to Golden State instead.

The list goes on of players who many expected to stay with the same franchise only to go elsewhere for whatever reason.

I don't think its that hard to believe that Paul George may be next.

You could be right he may stay but I don't think people who believe he won't are completely crazy thinking this either.