Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Al could be on his way to NO.

Default Re: Al could be on his way to NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On RealGM, there was a proposal of Bender and the #17 to bring Al back here. Hawks fans seem generally pleased with the idea. How do you guys feel about it?
    Any Hawk fan with half a brain would say hell no. If nothing else, Billy Knight values his team's cap space. Taking on Bender's contract for two years is something Billy Knight will not do.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    Any Hawk fan with half a brain would say hell no. If nothing else, Billy Knight values his team's cap space. Taking on Bender's contract for two years is something Billy Knight will not do.
    actually the concept might not be as far fetched as it seems....it appears atlanta is becoming more and more convinced that they arent gonna be able to attract big time free agents....and even if they attract one its still gonna be tought to attract enuff to become competitive....so they appear wanting to really acquire alot of young talent...and then use some of that talent to trade with...

heres why the trade isnt quite as stupid as it sounds....though i dont see it happening for a number of reasons....

al will be in the final year of his contract....which means atlanta stands to lose him....they either ante up and have to probably pay him more than all the other teams-because al probably wont be excited to stay either....or they lose him totally...al and jb's contracts are about the same in the way of dollars this year...with jb having one more year than al....so if atlanta gets into this game of trading similar guys while adding a young first round talent they effectively get better while not really affecting their cap number....they then would probably turn around and trade jb next year to someone wanting cap space....

its interesting...and not necessarily the dumbest idea...since there seem to be health concerns with both players its not a stretch either....

i just dont think the pacers want al back...though if ron is gone that might certainly change somewhat....though i still think they need a better outside shooter at that spot....

Jon & the # 17 for Al????

Do I have to drive Bender to the aiport or will we all chip in for cab fair?

This is such a no brain decision from me I can't even stand it. Hell this is almost as good as getting Dale Davis as a free agent for almost nothing. (ok, no it's not but you get my point).

Al is, IMO anyway, unfairly labled on this board as a whiner when all he did was what almost any player in is position would do.

Besides not only is he a good player but it would be nice to have him as insurance in case another certain small forward took some time off in the up coming season.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    Jon & the # 17 for Al????

Do I have to drive Bender to the aiport or will we all chip in for cab fair?

This is such a no brain decision from me I can't even stand it. Hell this is almost as good as getting Dale Davis as a free agent for almost nothing. (ok, no it's not but you get my point).

Al is, IMO anyway, unfairly labled on this board as a whiner when all he did was what almost any player in is position would do.

Besides not only is he a good player but it would be nice to have him as insurance in case another certain small forward took some time off in the up coming season.
    jj getting married or something?

I love the Bender trade threads. He has to pass a physical first!

I personally do not want Al Harrington back. I would rather have Bender off the court (and finsih his contract) rather than have Al Harrington on the floor for the Pacers.

BLACKHOLE, BLACKHOLE, BLACKHOLE

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    jj getting married or something?
    I agree with you that there's about a 90% chance of Artest being gone by the trade deadline.

Well, as long as he doesn't have another of his "episodes" the first two months of the season.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Talking Re: Al could be on his way to NO.

Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    Any Hawk fan with half a brain would say hell no.
    Which is why MOST Hawk fans like the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala

Quit picking on Jermaine.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

PacerNthaDesert

I'd love to see good ole Al back here, maybe this time he would finally appreciate how good he's got it.

I personally do not want Al Harrington back. I would rather have Bender off the court (and finsih his contract) rather than have Al Harrington on the floor for the Pacers.

Yeah, but he could mentor Blackhole Jr. (Jack).
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by BustedPants
    During Al's last year, he was playing as much power forward as he was small forward. If Al was willing to come off the bench (which he wouldn't be), then he would replace JO and JJ would replace Artest.
    They're not going to bring Al back to play 10 minutes a night. He'd get all the backup minutes at both forward spots.

I'd trade him for Bender and the pick, no question. You make that trade on value and don't worry about how the pieces fit. But I might trade him again before the deadline.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'm looking at that trade differently than most of you. It would really be Al for the 17th pick, Bender and JJ.

Why would JJ resign with us if we picked up Al again? He wouldn't.

So how many of you want to lose JJ too?

Damn I want Al back. Tins-Jack-Ron-JO-Jeff and then Al,Fred,AJ,Dale and JJ of the bench ohh my thats nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    I'm looking at that trade differently than most of you. It would really be Al for the 17th pick, Bender and JJ.

Why would JJ resign with us if we picked up Al again? He wouldn't.

So how many of you want to lose JJ too?
    I would still do the trade, JJ is a good player but he is not Al.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Damn I want Al back. Tins-Jack-Ron-JO-Jeff and then Al,Fred,AJ,Dale and JJ of the bench ohh my thats nasty.
    Sure is, but JJ and Fred would mostly sit.

And Edward wouldn't get any time at all! [grin]

Crap! We can lose players with internet trade ideas? We need to be more carefull with what we come up with.

Seriously the Hawks are already getting more with the Hornet's deal mentioned (which is more than we got for him, too). So based on the player economy of the NBA I can't see why this wouldn't be a plus for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Sure is, but JJ and Fred would mostly sit.

And Edward wouldn't get any time at all! [grin]
    Why would Fred mostly sit, he would be the main back up for shooting guard, just like he would have been even if Al isnt traded back here. I dont think anyone expects Fred to play SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Yeah, but he could mentor Blackhole Jr. (Jack).

Thats like Indiana's Mr.Basketball title everyyear

Indiana Pacers Mr. Blackhole everyyear are:

Travis Best (maybenot so much but I need to fill up this list)
    Jalen Rose
    Al Harrington
    Stephen Jackson

Thumbs down Re: Al could be on his way to NO.

Yeh, most teams would hate to have the runner up 6th man of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    Yeh, most teams would hate to have the runner up 6th man of the year.
    That is why Atlanta gave up just what it gave up for Al. Just a player drafted in the second round who sometimes is a nutcase.

Not to rehash from previous threads on this topic but, Al Harrington is a slow tweener SF/PF. He HOGS the ball till the shot clock comes down to 3 or 4 and takes a bad shot or turns it over. He travels on most of his isolations and has pouted occasionally. He does not shoot the three very well or at all, and has a very slow deliberate shooting action. He is not a great rebounder and would be eaten alive on the boards by a frontline like Detroit's.

Man, getting all that off my chest feels good!

I would much rather have JJ because JJ has a speciality - shooting. When I think of AL, I am drawing a blank. What does he exactly do?

foretaz

That is why Atlanta gave up just what it gave up for Al. Just a player drafted in the second round who sometimes is a nutcase.

Not to rehash from previous threads on this topic but, Al Harrington is a slow tweener SF/PF. He HOGS the ball till the shot clock comes down to 3 or 4 and takes a bad shot or turns it over. He travels on most of his isolations and has pouted occasionally. He does not shoot the three very well or at all, and has a very slow deliberate shooting action. He is not a great rebounder and would be eaten alive on the boards by a frontline like Detroit's.

Man, getting all that off my chest feels good!

I would much rather have JJ because JJ has a speciality - shooting. When I think of AL, I am drawing a blank. What does he exactly do?
    though im not disagreeing with anything u really say here....though, i do sense a bit of pent up hostility .....al did seem to give the pistons some troubles in last years ECF....of course this was coming off the bench....i think if u got pistons fans to be honest with u, alot of them would tell u they had a bit of fear where harrington was concerned...once again, as a player coming off the bench is how they would relate it....

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    .i think if u got pistons fans to be honest with u, alot of them would tell u they had a bit of fear where harrington was concerned...once again, as a player coming off the bench is how they would relate it....
    I think Piston fans probably salivate at the idea of their team, as it is now constructed, playing Indiana and Indiana playing ISO-ball with either JO or Mini-JO (Al) as the sole focal point.

-
    Besides the infamous Reggie block, Tayshaun had a pretty good block of Al later in the series if my memory serves me correctly.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Why would Fred mostly sit, he would be the main back up for shooting guard, just like he would have been even if Al isnt traded back here. I dont think anyone expects Fred to play SF.

Good point, I just figured he wouldn't without considering the line up. Duh!

Al played like **** against the Pistons last year. Detroit would welcome us getting him back.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!