Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Al could be on his way to NO.

foretaz

Default Re: Al could be on his way to NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Al played like **** against the Pistons last year. Detroit would welcome us getting him back.
    i was basically paraphrasing a kstat post when i said that....that pistons fans were concerned when harrington came into the game....his words...i was paraphrasing them...

i have my own feelings about al...and i was in no way trying to be supportive of als return here.....though i see how it couldve definitely been misconstrued as such....

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I think Piston fans probably salivate at the idea of their team, as it is now constructed, playing Indiana and Indiana playing ISO-ball with either JO or Mini-JO (Al) as the sole focal point.

-
    Besides the infamous Reggie block, Tayshaun had a pretty good block of Al later in the series if my memory serves me correctly.

-Bball

Yep. Tayshaun did have a pretty good block on AL in the third or fourth game. It was when AL put up a weak a$$ floater 2 feet from the basket instead of taking it strong.

Sometimes JO shows the traits that AL has but he has too many other skills and tools that make him a monster if he plays the right way.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    Yep. Tayshaun did have a pretty good block on AL in the third or fourth game. It was when AL put up a weak a$$ floater 2 feet from the basket instead of taking it strong.
    No it was much worse than that. He went up with a two-hand dunk, but Prince found the leverage and still blocked it, sending Al to the floor. And it might have been game 6.

BustedPants

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    They're not going to bring Al back to play 10 minutes a night. He'd get all the backup minutes at both forward spots.

I'd trade him for Bender and the pick, no question. You make that trade on value and don't worry about how the pieces fit. But I might trade him again before the deadline.
    It definitely wouldn't be two minutes a night. He could easily come in as the sixth man with JO still in the line-up. JO would technically be the 5, but unless we were playing a team with a legitimate center, it wouldn't matter as much. And if he would come in and replace the 3, that doesn't mean his role during that period of time would be a 3-- he would still play and position himself in the offense and defense as power forward. I just don't think Al would come back to sit the bench... there are a number of teams who could use a starting power forward that could give value to the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    No it was much worse than that. He went up with a two-hand dunk, but Prince found the leverage and still blocked it, sending Al to the floor. And it might have been game 6.
    I thought it was a dunk attempt, in game 6th, and it was an important basket (like a tying or go ahead basket... or at least a basket that would have made it a one possession game).

But I can't say that with 100% certainty.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Meh I dont really want Al back. If we could get expiring contracts for Bender + #17 and then make a sheed-esque trade at the deadline then i'd prefer that.

I think Atlanta is worried about Al's knees and want to get anything they can for him before his contract runs out.