Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    I can't believe we don't have one of these threads.

    This week, we've sold three new engagements. And my two most experienced analysts have resigned so I don't know how I'm going to staff them and I'll probably have to do all the work myself.

    And don't get me started on timing... we just had a company-wide meeting last Thursday/ Friday in which the theme was "why you should invest your career here" and then they come in this week and resign.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  2. #2
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,607

    Default Re: The official b!+c# about work thread.

    Maybe we could just turn this into a b**ch about the Big-4 thread???

    We've got a full summer PACKED with engagements and absolutely zero staff to do the work.

  3. #3
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: The official b!+c# about work thread.

    We installed new servers and an entriely new email system al at once in the last week.

    I don't know who's freaking intelligent idea that was, but let me tell you its been mass chaos here.......With A LOT Of server and Email outages.....



    Ahh now that feels better.....

  4. #4
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,541

    Default Re: The official b!+c# about work thread.

    I sneeze a lot now.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  5. #5
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,032
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official b!+c# about work thread.

    I swear, to work in a lab, you have to check your logic and common sense at the door. At least it seems that way today. Geez.

    I hate it when instruments malfunction for no apparent reason! Argh!

  6. #6
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official b!+c# about work thread.

    So we're got a lunch meeting to recruit another manager to join our team.

    And I get scolded on the trip back to the office for being "too honest."
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  7. #7
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,607

    Default Re: The official b!+c# about work thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we're got a lunch meeting to recruit another manager to join our team.

    And I get scolded on the trip back to the office for being "too honest."

    C'mon Jay, you know the first rule of Big 4 recruiting is to always embelish the positives and to mask the truth...

    Treat them like kings and then once they start, make them slaves.

  8. #8
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,032
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official b!+c# about work thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we're got a lunch meeting to recruit another manager to join our team.

    And I get scolded on the trip back to the office for being "too honest."
    Your fellow co-workers ever scold you because you produce consistent work?

    Haha. It's been done to me.

  9. #9
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,607

    Default Re: The official b!+c# about work thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your fellow co-workers ever scold you because you produce consistent work?

    Haha. It's been done to me.



    Which union do you belong to?




    I kid! I kid!


  10. #10
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,032
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official b!+c# about work thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Which union do you belong to?




    I kid! I kid!

    No union, even though that was funny! haha.

    I'm a trace chemist.

  11. #11
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    I'm going to have to start working again next month. That's depressing.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. #12
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,607

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to have to start working again next month. That's depressing.

  13. #13
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    9,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    I have to go back to work in August!
    Trust me though after the first day of school district inservice, they have a motivational spearker coming in the mornign and then the assistant superintendent in charge of tearing us down in speaks afternoon. I'll be more than ready to help make this thread as long as some of the best.

  14. #14
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,101
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    Trust me, I could make this thread longer than Scattered Haphazard Thoughts from the RATS board all by myself.....

  15. #15
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,032
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    Sometimes I want to go up to a fellow coworker and tell him/her point blank, "You're stupid. Your lack of common sense disturbs me." And then, I would proceed to powerbomb his/her a$$.

    Damn, I wish I could do that.

  16. #16
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sometimes I want to go up to a fellow coworker and tell him/her point blank, "You're stupid. Your lack of common sense disturbs me." And then, I would proceed to powerbomb his/her a$$.

    Damn, I wish I could do that.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  17. #17
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    It could be worse, I had a good friend/ former co-worker that put - on his resume - that he had 'exceptional common sense' . Now don't you think, if he really had exceptional common sense, that he would've had enough common sense to NOT put that on his resume.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  18. #18
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It could be worse, I had a good friend/ former co-worker that put - on his resume - that he had 'exceptional common sense' . Now don't you think, if he really had exceptional common sense, that he would've had enough common sense to NOT put that on his resume.
    "uncommon sense" probably didn't look right. :-)
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    I'm on my last day at my job and am bored out of mind. I have nothing better to do than to post on this thread. Even though I've been laid off, have a severance package and start a new job (where I got a raise) in two weeks, which means I'll be receiving two paychecks for a decent amount of time, I'm still bored.

    Although I'm not sure I should be *****ing about this. Ummm . . . oops. Uhhh . . . go about your daily business.

  20. #20
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,959

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm on my last day at my job and am bored out of mind. I have nothing better to do than to post on this thread. Even though I've been laid off, have a severance package and start a new job (where I got a raise) in two weeks, which means I'll be receiving two paychecks for a decent amount of time, I'm still bored.

    Although I'm not sure I should be *****ing about this. Ummm . . . oops. Uhhh . . . go about your daily business.

    I tried to do that when I changed jobs, but just could not quite work it out. Two months after I quit they did lay people off and I know I would have been one, and my severence package would have been very nice.

  21. #21
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    Damn! Two of my colleagues are going off on vacation this week! This means I have to take part of their working burden, while I'm already pretty close to the limit of what I can do normally. This totally does NOT kick-*** as I have my final exam in three weeks aswell .

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  22. #22

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    i nailed some dumbass who lied to one of our high level managers with me present yesterday.

    said an issue wasn't a hot issue until this week but if you read the tps report™ that was filed over 5 weeks ago the first line says "___ says this is very important because it came from ___" (translation = $). this guy just neglects everything until it becomes a crisis knowing that someone will be forced to step in to save the day.

    i went out and had a smoke then ran into that manager on the way back upstairs and casually said "you know you were just lied to right?" and he says "sure, that always happens" so i says "no really, he just totally lied to you about that" he asked how so then i told him. he was not pleased about that. i'm not into enabling people who do **** like that because they're lazy and/or stupid.

    i normally let people dig their own graves but since i was the one who worked til midnight to solve this (and usually am the one who these sorts of things fall upon) i don't feel bad at all.

    this is at least the third or fourth time he's either lied directly to me about work that was supposedly done or supposedly being done or lied to directors or high level managers on threads that i've been on or in person when i've been there. i don't know why he thinks everyone else is an idiot or something but i can assure you that they're on to him (as in the 'we need to know if this guy is part of the problem or part of the solution' way of being on to somebody). i gave him the heads up a month+ ago; pick a side, continue what you're doing and it will catch up to you. oh well, his choice. f that guy.

  23. #23
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    So we interviewed a pretty good candidate today. He sent a thank-you email. Sounds good, doesn't it? Wait, he misspelled the company name! That will probably take him out of consideration.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  24. #24
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,927

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we interviewed a pretty good candidate today. He sent a thank-you email. Sounds good, doesn't it? Wait, he misspelled the company name! That will probably take him out of consideration.
    Oh, don't be a grammar nazi, Jay. It's not like he said "shot ****", was it?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  25. #25
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official "B!+c# About Work" thread.



    Truth be told, his thankyou note to me was fine. But his misspellining was in the email to my MD. And he forwarded it to me with the comment of, "well, you said you wanted to see if this guy could write." D'oh!
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •