Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Bird statement that will most likely impact draft.

Default Re: A Bird statement that will most likely impact draft.

I think it would be cool to see a us run the break like Bird's Celtics did with good passing. I love watching fast breaks like that where it is just good passing.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want a run and gun offense... I just want to see crisp ball movement and player movement along with some 'out' from the 'inside-outside' offense. Not an inside-everyone stop-JO shoots offense.

Whoever it is, JO or Carlisle or other, who is insisting on stagnating the offense and JO holding the ball and forcing shots can either learn a new trick or leave tomorrow as far as I am concerned. If that is all the offense is going to amount to then we won't be hanging a banner doing it that anyway.

-Bball
    Sounds like on this issue, we are on EXACTLY the same page.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I don't want a run and gun offense... I just want to see crisp ball movement and player movement along with some 'out' from the 'inside-outside' offense. Not an inside-everyone stop-JO shoots offense.

Whoever it is, JO or Carlisle or other, who is insisting on stagnating the offense and JO holding the ball and forcing shots can either learn a new trick or leave tomorrow as far as I am concerned. If that is all the offense is going to amount to then we won't be hanging a banner doing it that anyway.

-Bball
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

BustedPants

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Foster won't fit well with the Suns. 90% of their offense is pick and rolls with Nash and Amare. In order for that to be as effective as it was this past season they need three good shooters spacing the floor. Jeff won't help in that area. Unless of course they just want Jeff to come off the bench and play 10 minutes. Jeff can run, so maybe I'm wrong
    I think you are right... Foster is also a poor screen setter. That's why I was happy that Dale Davis came back to help him along.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    My feeling is that, if San Antonio catches wind of a Jeff Foster to Phoenix trade, they'll also enter the mix.
    Why? They don't need another big, actually, thsy don't need much of anything. They already have 2 centers that can start and that doesn't count Duncan. Horry will probably resign with them, especially if they win the title. He was joking in an interview last week that he wanted to win it this year and then next and retire wiht having won a ring in half of the seasons he has been in the league.

Now, if we could clear some cap space after next season to be able to sign Mohammed when his contract is up I would be very happy.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I'm not so sure about this idea that San Antonio may want Foster, Miami might snag JJ, etc, just because its their hometowns. I don't think the GMs are all that interested, but are much more concerned with getting the best player for the buck.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan
    I'm not so sure about this idea that San Antonio may want Foster, Miami might snag JJ, etc, just because its their hometowns. I don't think the GMs are all that interested, but are much more concerned with getting the best player for the buck.
    I bet they would have interest in Jeff but not because he is from that area but because he would be a nice addition to that team.

Rasho was supposed to do a stealler job in David Robinson's place and well now Narz is starting and I think they could use some help there. Not that Narz is a bad player but I think that San Antonio wouldn't mind adding Jeff's toughness downlow.

On Foster - I think the Spurs would try to do something simply because he is a lockdown defender against Duncan. Foster is one of the guys in the league that Duncan really struggles against. However, if we're going to run, Foster should definitely be in our plans.

On running offense - We've certainly got the right components. In a more aggressive defensive scheme, Artest and Jackson will force the turnovers that running teams need to create easy buckets. Also, Tinsley would be amazing in a running offense, I think, and Foster and JO are very athletic, moblile big men. Our bench is a little more suspect. Fred Jones would be great in this style, but AJ would have to go for a quicker PG, and really, Dale Davis will never run the break again, nor will Harrison, and Croshere is doubtful. If Bender could ever get healthy, he would be AMAZING as an Amare-style small center in a running offense, but that's about as likely as Croshere developing into a 20/8 guy next year.