Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new PG for Indiana will be.....

Cool The new PG for Indiana will be.....

I know, with all the talk going on this isn't new news but something just seems to fit here with this basketball player. I have had a few gut feelings actually come true (getting Artest and Brad, Jermaine trade, Bender coming in)...and one that didn't (Brad leaving - thought he would stay). This is the gut feeling I have will really happen, and at 10M for 3 years I see it as VERY real and possible.

Again, it isn't really new but I thought I would get his website address out there for people to check him out.

Sarunas Jazikevicius

http://www.jasikevicius.com/

Outsider

Default Re: The new PG for Indiana will be.....

Even if he comes he wont start

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know, with all the talk going on this isn't new news but something just seems to fit here with this basketball player. I have had a few gut feelings actually come true (getting Artest and Brad, Jermaine trade, Bender coming in)...and one that didn't (Brad leaving - thought he would stay). This is the gut feeling I have will really happen, and at 10M for 3 years I see it as VERY real and possible.

Again, it isn't really new but I thought I would get his website address out there for people to check him out.

Sarunas Jazikevicius

http://www.jasikevicius.com/

Outsider
    you know ive had similar feelings for a while now....however the more i hear and read about the the possibility of us getting him, the less certain i become of it....it certainly wont be the under-the-radar move that we have come to expect....

i also am a bit less certain because of the money....i cant help but think that teams were hoping to get him for about half the MLE....and in our case that might have left dale with the other half....

nevertheless, i could see where larry might like the guy....and he appears to possess some of the skills we are a bit lacking in....

i do wonder how he might effect team chemistry....some of u might laugh at that , i dunno...but hes definitely a fiery sort, so if by some chance he does end up here it should definitely be on the entertaining side....

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Even if he comes he wont start

agreed....but i do believe he would play significant minutes....

Mood

I hope your gut is correct, Outsider. I'd be excited if we picked him up.

May not start the first of the season.... but if history repeats (as it has two years in a row) he will be starting partway through the season when the Tinman is down with an injury.......

Reading everything I have found, this guy is a winner. And just has a "Larry Bird aire" about him.

3ptmiller

I know this sounds almost unbelievable since Sarunas is so famous today, but i have played against him several games in 1998 when he played for Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius... He was just a regular player back then, not so famous either... Still today I cant believe that he got this far and is so famous and maybe gona play for my favourite NBA team... how weird!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In the thread about free-agents he was 2nd on both lists. How do we have the cap space to sign him?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    In the thread about free-agents he was 2nd on both lists. How do we have the cap space to sign him?
    Mid Level Exception. It's not about cap space, really. We'll be over the cap no matter what. Of course there's always the luxury tax to think about.

He wants 3 years and 10 million. We have the MLE and thats 5 million per year. So we would have money to split the MLE and sign him and JJ but would Dale want to sign for the Vets Minimum.

Thaks for the info. Of course, the new deal, when it gets done, may help too.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

So we could possibly sign him, James Jones, and Dale Davis? If not could we do something like sell our draft pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Shuttlesworth
    If not could we do something like sell our draft pick?
    If this was still the ABA, maybe. I think they frown on that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Shuttlesworth
    So we could possibly sign him, James Jones, and Dale Davis? If not could we do something like sell our draft pick?
    Yes,and we wouldnt have to sell our draft pick to do it.

Yes,and we wouldnt have to sell our draft pick to do it.
    But we would probably want to trade it to lighten the load on the salary wise. Maybe for a future pic.

I like Sarunas Jazikevicius. I think he will be one heck of a player.

Let's trade Artest for him... er... uh...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

foretaz

He wants 3 years and 10 million. We have the MLE and thats 5 million per year. So we would have money to split the MLE and sign him and JJ but would Dale want to sign for the Vets Minimum.
    alright gentleman....its been stated here a few times but i know there is so much info its easy to miss things....and i think u might like this better...

james jones has no bearing on the MLE....any monies used to resign jj do not affect the MLE...

we have 'early bird rights' on jj....which means we can resign him for up to the average salary in the nba....

what that means is we can sign him for as high as 4.9 million/year without any problems other than our high payroll getting higher and we are approaching luxury tax issues....

now jj is highly unlikely to get that kind of money on the open market....what it really comes down to is how much we are willing to spend(especially with our high payroll) versus what another team is willing to spend....he almost assuredly will command less than 5 a year...probably more around 3 to start....the issues will probably be the total years of the contract and the total dollars of the contract....just how big of an overall committment does someone, either the pacers or another team make......i would add that whatever another team offers jj, as long as it is less than the 5 million figure, the pacers have the right to match that and retain him....in other words we are in the drivers seat with jj....and it will simply come down to money...not choosing between he, dale , and sarunas...

we still would then have the MLE to sign sarunas, dale and any other free agent (like jwilliams) we might try to bring on board....

as far as selling our draft pick....u can outright sell the pick for up to 3 million dollars....but that doesnt affect the cap-although it does make for nice pocket change....it also eliminates another guaranteed salary....which in the pacers case, with their high payroll, might very well be a good thing...

the pick could also be packaged in a trade....another way to avoid that guaranteed contract....

probably in a perfect world it would be packaged with another player in some sort of trade that nets us a future draft pick while eliminating some salary currently...

hope this help clears the issue up a bit..

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

JJ can be signed for vet minimum exemption around 1.4 mil .Sarunas Jasikevicius 2.75 mil and DD 2.65 split of mle.

James Jones 5 ppg this season is not enough for any team to give him 3 mil a year. Damon Jones has done more in his career and he was lucky to get 2.5 this year.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    JJ can be signed for vet minimum exemption around 1.4 mil .Sarunas Jasikevicius 2.75 mil and DD 2.65 split of mle.

James Jones 5 ppg this season is not enough for any team to give him 3 mil a year. Damon Jones has done more in his career and he was lucky to get 2.5 this year.

huh?? im not even sure what ur saying with regard to jj...

the MLE is 4.9 and looks to stay about the same...its leveled off....there wont be 5.4 to split...

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    huh?? im not even sure what ur saying with regard to jj...

the MLE is 4.9 and looks to stay about the same...its leveled off....there wont be 5.4 to split...
    Each team has a MLE and the Vets min each year to spend.

I understand that JJ would have no effect on the MLE, since we can go over the cap to re-sign our own players. I'm not sure why this wouldn't apply to Dale. He's a Pacer, not another team's free agent. Do we have to use the MLE to re-sign Dale, or do we have Bird rights on him?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think its very possible that Sarunas could be good, but Ive never seen a tape of him playing or anything like that so I'm still skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacers67
    I think its very possible that Sarunas could be good, but Ive never seen a tape of him playing or anything like that so I'm still skeptical.
    Did you watch the olympics?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized
    I understand that JJ would have no effect on the MLE, since we can go over the cap to re-sign our own players. I'm not sure why this wouldn't apply to Dale. He's a Pacer, not another team's free agent. Do we have to use the MLE to re-sign Dale, or do we have Bird rights on him?
    Nobody has Bird rights on Dale. The easiest way to remember this is that you have to play for the same team for three seasons to get Bird rights. There are exceptions and technicalities, but most of those are logical, too. A traded player keeps his Bird rights as long as he doesn't get waived (and that's the catch - New Orleans waived Dale, allowing him to come here in the first place. If Golden State traded Dale directly to us, we'd have his Bird rights.)
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Everytime this guys name comes up and they talk about him being such a great player and then the P's are mentioned I hear this little voice in the back of my head saying "Fuchka".........
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..