Thread: What about KG?

Default What about KG?

I have seen some rumblings on other boards about KG being up for trade. One stronger one floating around was with the Clips --> KG for Brand and Maggette (with filler on whichever side is needed). Some say Minnesota problems would have to be included (Cassell or Hudson, etc.) which I can understand.

Anyway, what about a trade with the Pacers? Given the histroy between the two GMs I would think they are on talking terms at least (as opposed to say oh, NY).

I think it is obvious this would require the big one, IE O'neal. But interesting enough the following works:

Indiana sends:
    Jermaine O'neal
    Scott Pollard (Expiring contract)

Minnesota sends:
    KG
    Troy Hudson

Would they do it? Would we do it? What would have to be added to make it work?

Outsider

foretaz

Default Re: What about KG?

i would love it....every so often i allow myself to dream...and that basketball dream includes kg....IMO he is the number 1 overall talent in the nba....and i would give up jo to get him.....and thats saying a lot....outside of duncan(and hes not going anywhere) i dont trade jo for anyone...

that said...kg is going no where...and any team that believes otherwise is dreaming IMO...not that there is anything wrong with that...until we start putting any credence in our dreams

I love Jermaine. That said, I'd trade for Garnett in a heartbeat. I'm not sure that deal would get it done, though. KG's better than Jermaine and Hudson is better than Pollard. Too bad we don't have a Wolves fan around here. I don't really know where that franchise is going.

At this point, does SamIAm have positive or negative trade value? If negative, a KG/Sam trade works for Jermaine (Star), Scot (Center, ending contract), and Fred (Young Stud)

That said, I really don't see them moving KG. But I think that's a better deal than Brand and Maggette. Plus, I'd think KG would prefer the Pacers to the Clippers. He doesn't REALLY have any say, but he's friends with everyone in that organization so they might show him some love.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

If we trade for KG, I think we'd have to give an arm and a leg...

Maybe: JO, Artest and Fred Jones for KG/Cassell... (it works salary wise)

Or: JO; Artest and AJ for KG/Cassell/Hoiberg

Sounds enticing though... I would trade JO in a heartbeat for KG... no comparison in my mind...

Diesel

KG is a tremdous player and I would definitely rank him ahead of Oneal but if it was me I would rather trade for a shooting guard and keep Oneal. I guess what I would rather trade Steven Jackson and Jeff Foster and aquire somebody like Michael Redd or Joe Johnson then upgrade our poweforward position. Outside shooting has been a weakness for us our past two season and it will even be weaker now that we don't have the threat of Reggie Miller around.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At this point, does SamIAm have positive or negative trade value? If negative, a KG/Sam trade works for Jermaine (Star), Scot (Center, ending contract), and Fred (Young Stud)
    I'd hate to see Fred go, to bring in KG. I don't know what I'd do if Fred was a T'wolve and he threw down on a Pacer KG, like he did earlier this year.

That was just plain nasty.....

JO/Ron for KG sure would be nice.

KG and David Harrison playing together....

I would put the chances of it happening at about 1%, though.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Can't we just trade Bender for KG straight up? Bender is the next Garnett anyways!
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    JO/Ron for KG sure would be nice.

KG and David Harrison playing together....

I would put the chances of it happening at about 1%, though.
    You see I think that would be way to much to give up for KG from a pacers perspective. I would give up Freddie and JO for KG. I would not put a package on the table thats consists of two top 15 players for KG even though Im all for trading Artest for the right price.

By doing a trade like this I think there will be more holes to fill which is why Im agaisnt it. I would rather use the mid level to sign a backup pg like Watson, draft a low post scoring big man like Simien or May and if we are going to make a trade maybe a package of Jackson, Foster for Joe Johnson,Redd or Allen. I don't know if this is enough to aquire a top flight two guard but its worth a try, because I think it will put us over the top.

Even if we don't aquire a top flight sg and we just add a backup low post player in the draft and a solid backup pg in free agency like Watson, Daniels or Knight I think we have done enough to give detroit/Miami a serious challange.

I really don't think that JO/Ron is too much....

Seriously, if you go on a T-wolves board and propose anything like that you'll be laughed at for a long time....

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Yeah, but just as we are Pacers fans they are T-Wolves fans. Conclusion: we are both biased.

So, "fair" would probably be something like: KG for JO+SJax/Tins+#17(or next years 1st rounder if you think including our #17 is too much).

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Yeah, but you're a "Ron hater", you want him in this trade

Regards,

Mourning

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    I wouldnt do that trade if I was the Wolves.
    if i was the wolves...i wouldnt do it either...

but if i was the pacers...i wouldnt do it either....which is why these deals never get done
    because they will both have legitimate arguments of how does this make us better...

kg aint going anywhere...neither is jo....only way these things ever happen,which is rarely, is if someone is highly disgruntled....and people maybe a bit unhappy from time to time...but in the end the parties figure out a way to patch it up versus blow it up..

I just dont think Jax and Tins are going to cut it (and I dont think they do the deal for JO straight up)
    But, that was not the deal I suggested.

I suggested:

KG
    for
    JO and SJax and this years or next years first round pick

OR

KG
    for
    JO and Tinsley and this years or next years first round pick

Regards,

Mourning

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    But, that was not the deal I suggested.

I suggested:

KG
    for
    JO and SJax and this years or next years first round pick

OR

KG
    for
    JO and Tinsley and this years or next years first round pick

Regards,

Mourning
    ive openly stated what i think of kg...best overall talent in the league...that being said, i just cant see this deal being good for the pacers...at least i see it as giving up too much....

now...if they traded jo, jack, and aj

for garnett and lets say a sign and trade spree, though im not a huge spree fan, and not sure his stock has come down enuff to where hes gonna be reasonably priced, this at least would seem more reasonable...

or kg and cassel for jo, tins, and aj

these i think i could live with...

foretaz

I DO NOT WANT SPREE!!!! HELL NO, HE WONT GO!!!
    lol...yea..i know...as i said...im not a spree fan...but i think minny is just gonna let him walk...in which case this might make a bit of sense for both...hes gettin old...i dunno...im not excited about him...but kg i definitely am....jack and spree are somewhat similar players in my mind....i could see where minny would want him...but we gotta get something to replace him...

If KG were coming here, JO and Ron would be the bare minimum, trading-wise, for the Timberwolves. Given Ron's history, they may even ask for someone like Fred, or Tinsley, to be included.

I would throw in any three players the TWolves wanted (exluding Hulk of course) to get KG. I'm sure Donnie could build a very good team around KG within a year or so.

Not to mention, Rick's dump-it-in-the-post scheme would actually work, with Garnett's passing abilities.

foretaz

If KG were coming here, JO and Ron would be the bare minimum, trading-wise, for the Timberwolves. Given Ron's history, they may even ask for someone like Fred, or Tinsley, to be included.

I would throw in any three players the TWolves wanted (exluding Hulk of course) to get KG. I'm sure Donnie could build a very good team around KG within a year or so.

Not to mention, Rick's dump-it-in-the-post scheme would actually work, with Garnett's passing abilities.
    if minny refuses to trade kg....you think we might be able to interest them in artest for hoiberg?....

If spree is a Pacer, they just lost a Pacer fan. I already don't like some of the guys on this team (Bender, O'Neal) but Spreewell is a different type of hatred.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    if minny refuses to trade kg....you think we might be able to interest them in artest for hoiberg?....

Good Jesus that's funny.

Not sure if there'd be anyone left to pass it to...

We'd be recreating KG's early days on the Wolves.

IndyToad
    Adores paperclips

Donnies contract runs out next year, doesnt it?

I wonder if he resigns, or if Larry Bird (or someone else?) takes over his job?..

That's scary. I don't trust Bird just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    Not sure if there'd be anyone left to pass it to...

We'd be recreating KG's early days on the Wolves.

IndyToad
    Adores paperclips
    Well, we would have to land a free agent or a steal in the draft, but that isn't too much of a reach. We would actually have first round draft picks, too, unlike the Wolves for a few years.

We would be average for a year or so, but as long as we don't hire McHale as GM any time soon, I think we could fill in the holes pretty quick, especially if we get to keep a healthy Tinsley.

It doesn't really matter, though, because it won't happen.