View Poll Results: Have you ever subscribed to NBA League Pass--If so, do you recommend?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I've never subscribed.

13 43.33%
  • Yes I have susbscribed to NBALP, and I recommend it.

14 46.67%
  • Yes, I have subscribed but my recommendation depends on ____ (please elaborate).

2 6.67%
  • Yes, I have subscribed, but I do not recommend it.

1 3.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Pointers &/or Advice About NBA League Pass

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: Need Pointers &/or Advice About NBA League Pass

Thanks for all your comments. Drag to hear that Comcast digital sucks, as that's what we've gone with. I'm not going to buy until closer to next season (if I get it then - it all depends on finances and sacrifices).

I do agree that it is a relative bargain. But I don't think the value is 6 cents a game. [statistics nerd] Considering that many games will be broadcast simultaneously, and no human being can watch every complete game in a season, I think this is a politician's number, not a useful statistic. Unless you have a fleet of recorders and a staff to do it all and no job other than watching NBA re-runs, I'll say the per-game value (based on games actually watched) is quite a bit higher, but still a bargain. [/statistics nerd]

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you have all the local/regional sports channels. Most of them are Fox Sports channels, that is where you get pre and post game stuff. When I lived outisde of the Indy area, I had to get those, otherwise the Pacers games on FSN Midwest would have been blacked out
    For me on Dish, I live an hour out of Indy and thought I had been blacked out, because the games weren't showing up on FSNMW. I was pissed at first because I'd gone through all the trouble of getting satellite instead of cable, buying league pass, only to watch everyone BUT the Pacers? Forget that. Fortunately I discovered after missing only a game that it always got slapped on one of the "Alternate" channels that at that time I'd edited out of my Favorites list thinking I didn't need/use them. So at least I got the games, but of course no pre/post game.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you have all the local/regional sports channels. Most of them are Fox Sports channels, that is where you get pre and post game stuff. When I lived outisde of the Indy area, I had to get those, otherwise the Pacers games on FSN Midwest would have been blacked out
    See, that's the difference. The pre- and post- game shows are generally a product of DirecTV's "Sports Pack" (not sure this exists on Dish Net or digital cable but there are subtle reasons why DirecTV is the superior venue for NBA fans) and not the NBALP.

I don't get the "Sports Pack" anymore.

Since I use TiVo and watch the games about two hours later than actual tipoff, I can't just switch channels from the NBALP in the 720s to FSMW when the game ends.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

With league pass - I see Pacer games.
    Without league pass - I see dead people.

Any questions?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

Why don't you like it ImCrazyB and what is your recomendation based on Will?