View Poll Results: Have you ever subscribed to NBA League Pass--If so, do you recommend?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I've never subscribed.

13 43.33%
  • Yes I have susbscribed to NBALP, and I recommend it.

14 46.67%
  • Yes, I have subscribed but my recommendation depends on ____ (please elaborate).

2 6.67%
  • Yes, I have subscribed, but I do not recommend it.

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Pointers &/or Advice About NBA League Pass

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Need Pointers &/or Advice About NBA League Pass

In order to get HBO (we've become suddenly and completely addicted to Deadwood), my wife and I just made the jump to digital cable TV (Comcast, west coast).

Looking forward to next season, can anyone tell me about the NBA League Pass thing? The customer reps don't know ****, so I'm asking all of you:

How does it work? Do you have to choose a team? If so, do you get other games? What other benefits or programming should I expect?

What do you like about NBALP? What' do you dislike about NBALP?

Is there a time of year when it costs less to join? How much do each of you pay? Do you pay in one lump sum or is the cost spread over several months?

And here's a really odd one: If I listen to Mark and Slick over the internet, how closely does it sinc up to the NBALP stream? Anyone ever try this?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Need Pointers &/or Advice About NBA League Pass

First of all, I never miss an episode of Deadwood. Its an awesome show. Can't wait till season 3 next year.

2ndly, NBA league PASS links you to any NBA game, anywhere. If either the home or road team is broadcasting the game, you'll be able to see it. You have 12 different League Pass channels, so obviously no matter how many games are on at once, you can watch them all. They won't show games televised on NBA TV, but %95 of all areas will get NBA TV added with this package anyway, so it doesn't matter.

The limitation is, all games involving local teams will get blacked out. So if you live in LA, you'll have to watch the Lakers locally.

My comcast providor used to give the option of splitting payments, but this year they only allowed one lump payment.

Personally, I think its the single-greatest product the NBA offers right now. Thousands of games for a measley $170. I don't know how I could live without it.

Typically, they knock $20 off the price ($190 to $170) if you join before the season starts, and every 2 months they will offer League PASS at an adjusted rate.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I had DirecTV League Pass for 3 years. For me it worked like this:

You do not choose a team. NBA League Pass plays all (sometimes there are exceptions) games scheduled on seperate channels and you go to whichever one you want. It is usually the Fox Sports Net local feed of whatever region the home team is in. I believe Mark and Slick are only on WIBC, and when the Pacers play it is usually Fox Sports Net. I believe when I payed for NBA LP, it was 3 payments, but I believe you have a choice. I like everything about NBA LP except for the few games they don't carry due to National TV dropping a game on their schedule in favor of different game. Damn ABC!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't live without the league pass. Period. Had it since 1996.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I was also thinking of buying it. I was hoping I Would not work nights this time so I could deff use it. I go to a lot of local games here tho. But i still want to be able to watch the pacers. So Is it worth the 170? that's like the cost of my authentic jerseys! Have to pick up a new james jones for next season (Hopefully)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have league pass through Comcast Digital Cable. I highly recommend it. I get it pretty much to watch Pistons games, since I live out of market. If I lived in the Detroit or Michigan area, I probably wouldn't get it. But in your case, where you probably want to watch Pacer games living outside of the market, I would recommend it.

Basically it comes down to, are you willing to pay $2.50 per game to watch every Pacer game. That's the decision. It's worth it for me and the Pistons. That, and there's always something on.

I wish I had the TIME to use it...maybe one day
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have league pass through Comcast Digital Cable. I highly recommend it. I get it pretty much to watch Pistons games, since I live out of market. If I lived in the Detroit or Michigan area, I probably wouldn't get it. But in your case, where you probably want to watch Pacer games living outside of the market, I would recommend it.

Basically it comes down to, are you willing to pay $2.50 per game to watch every Pacer game. That's the decision. It's worth it for me and the Pistons. That, and there's always something on.
    uh, $2.50? Try 6 cents. Unless you plan on not watching ANY other games....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    I also have it through Comcast Digital Cable.

Kstat, I think he was saying if you just watch your teams games (When I first got league pass I wanted to just get Pacers games. Obviously it doesnt work that way, but Im glad it doesnt. It is fun to watch a few other games on nights when I feel up to it....)
    That's exactly what I meant. The REASON I get NBA League Pass is to watch the Pistons. So I just divided by about 70 games (not counting the games that are televised nationally).

Of course I watch other games. But I'm not getting League Pass for those games.

Harmonica

Is that $170 for the year/season? Or a month during the season?

thats for the entire season.

Sports Logo

When you first see the price you think it is a lot "just" to be able to see games. Once you have had it for a year or two you cant believe how freaking cheap it is.

I have had league pass since the days of the old style dish (you know the big ugly ones) and refuse to go without it.

I've said this before. The price is very sheap for what you get and the scary thing is if they trippled the price for next year I would still buy it, heck if was $1,179.00 instead of $179.00, I'd still get it. (don't tell anyone though)

However this opast season I had to switch to Comcast digital cable and I must say I like Directv so much better. Comcast digital cable sucks. They made me pay an extra $49.00 so I could get NBATV during the playoffs, and then they still cut it off last week. Also digital cable cuts off the pre and post game shows. (Besides I hate digital cable overall, as soon as I can I'm going back to Directv)

But yes NBA League pass is great

3ptmiller

Can someone tell me how this works guys? Does this mean if i get NBA league pass i can watch NBA games from Sweden? Can i watch it from the Computer?

NBA league PASS doesn't work outside of the US, I believe. You get it through TV, not computer.

I'll be in my fourth year with League Pass. Except for Pacers games I don't watch a lot of games from start to finish, maybe a couple the whole year. But for me I love being able to check scores and see how a team or particular player is playing.

Wouldn't be without it. I'd give up my half-season tickets before I gave up league pass. LP is a true bargain. And you might as well buy it early in the season when the special price is in effect.

It is awesome. Had it for the last 4-5 years.
    You get to watch all the Pacers games. You get to watch all other games. If you are an NBA fan or a Pacers fan get it. I usually think a lot about making decisons about spending on stuff. But NBA league pass is one decison that I do not even think about at all. If you are getting it get it when they have the early bird special which is $20 off.

Also, If you are an NBA fan, you have 12 games on some nights that are from -

7:00pm to 09:30 pm
    7:30pm to 10:00 pm
    8:30pm to 11:00 pm
    09:30pm to 12:00 pm
    10:30pm to 01:00 pm

depending on the time zone the game is in

If you keep flipping you can catch the end of an early game and as soon it is done you can watch the fourth quarter of the next game and so on.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

All this league pass talk... I'd get it, but good 'ol Insight doesn't provide it. Insight is so damn lucky, around here they have no competition, so they can do whatever the hell they want. *****es
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

4 years for me with the League Pass and I love it. I cant imagine not having it when the season starts. And for someone who is a fan of a team that is not in their city its even better. When you are home and want to watch TV you can always turn to League Pass and watch a game. On comcast if you order 2 weeks before the season starts they cut the price down 20 bucks. Its worth every dollar you pay for.

Last year was my first with League Pass. I'm hooked; can't wait for next season w/ it. My only gripe is Dish doesn't let you watch the pre and post games. Still, it's great to have it.

I'd be curious if anyone got League pass for one year and decided they didn't really like it enough to justify $179.00. I suppose those people would not be on an NBA message board

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I'd be curious if anyone got League pass for one year and decided they didn't really like it enough to justify $179.00. I suppose those people would not be on an NBA message board
    If 6 cents a game is too much, then yes, you had no buisness getting the package to begin with.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I cant imagine anyone getting it then deciding they dont need it. If you are not a fan of the NBA why would you get it in the first place? And if you are a fan this is heaven.

I am with you UB on the price I am not sure what my breaking point would be on price but right now it is way cheap for what you get.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't get a lot of the pre- and post- game stuff on DirecTV. It just depends on how quick the guy in the truck 'flips the switch'.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    I don't get a lot of the pre- and post- game stuff on DirecTV. It just depends on how quick the guy in the truck 'flips the switch'.

Do you have all the local/regional sports channels. Most of them are Fox Sports channels, that is where you get pre and post game stuff. When I lived outisde of the Indy area, I had to get those, otherwise the Pacers games on FSN Midwest would have been blacked out