Thread: DraftCity Report: Danny Granger

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default DraftCity Report: Danny Granger

http://draftcity.com/viewarticle.php?a=197

Pacers worked him out???

Anybody know anything about him...other than what we all read?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: DraftCity Report: Danny Granger

Means there is a 0% chance we are drafting him, scratch him off the list.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanInAZ
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Means there is a 0% chance we are drafting him, scratch him off the list.

Care to enlighten me, why do you feel that way?

I read the NBADraft board report on him....I'd say there would be know way he fell to us, except for the durability bit.

++++
    Strengths: An extremely well-rounded wing...Can do just about anything on a basketball floor...Ferocious rebounder...Grabs the ball at its apex and isn’t shy to protect it with his elbows...Puts up monster numbers, even when facing constant double/triple teams...The unquestioned leader on the floor...Tremendous shot-blocker...Quick hands...Plays passing lanes very well...Always around the ball...Has all the physical tools, instincts, and intensity to be a shut-down defender...Plays with great intensity and passion...Has great range on his always-improving jumper...Has added the 3-pointer to his arsenal (almost 48% from beyond the arc)...Has a better post-up game than other wing players...Improving spot-up shooter...Runs the floor well...Decent ball-handler...Great finisher...Much better footwork (on both ends) than most players his size...Great build...Long arms...Has cut down on the stupid fouls that have plagued his game in the past...Still has some upside left...A gamer.

Weaknesses: Durability is a major concern...Back/knee problems have forced him to miss parts of the past three seasons...His perimeter skills need extensive polishing, since New Mexico requires him to play inside so much...Needs to become a much better passer...Doesn’t posses a great first step...Just an average athlete, nothing spectacular...Occasional inconsistencies at the foul line (due to a small hitch at the top of his free-throw stroke)...Sometimes forces his offense too much...Inflated stats because of the Mountain West’s lack of talent...The proverbial “jack of all trades, master of none”...Will have to accept being a role player on the next level...Stamina issues...Has never had a positive assist/turnover ratio.
    Notes: Only player in college basketball to average over 18 points, nine rebounds, two assists, two steals, and two blocks in 2004-2005.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Care to enlighten me, why do you feel that way?

I read the NBADraft board report on him....I'd say there would be know way he fell to us, except for the durability bit.

++++
    Strengths: An extremely well-rounded wing...Can do just about anything on a basketball floor...Ferocious rebounder...Grabs the ball at its apex and isn’t shy to protect it with his elbows...Puts up monster numbers, even when facing constant double/triple teams...The unquestioned leader on the floor...Tremendous shot-blocker...Quick hands...Plays passing lanes very well...Always around the ball...Has all the physical tools, instincts, and intensity to be a shut-down defender...Plays with great intensity and passion...Has great range on his always-improving jumper...Has added the 3-pointer to his arsenal (almost 48% from beyond the arc)...Has a better post-up game than other wing players...Improving spot-up shooter...Runs the floor well...Decent ball-handler...Great finisher...Much better footwork (on both ends) than most players his size...Great build...Long arms...Has cut down on the stupid fouls that have plagued his game in the past...Still has some upside left...A gamer.

Weaknesses: Durability is a major concern...Back/knee problems have forced him to miss parts of the past three seasons...His perimeter skills need extensive polishing, since New Mexico requires him to play inside so much...Needs to become a much better passer...Doesn’t posses a great first step...Just an average athlete, nothing spectacular...Occasional inconsistencies at the foul line (due to a small hitch at the top of his free-throw stroke)...Sometimes forces his offense too much...Inflated stats because of the Mountain West’s lack of talent...The proverbial “jack of all trades, master of none”...Will have to accept being a role player on the next level...Stamina issues...Has never had a positive assist/turnover ratio.
    Notes: Only player in college basketball to average over 18 points, nine rebounds, two assists, two steals, and two blocks in 2004-2005.
    That was mostly a joke. Everytime there are players that the Pacers have worked out or they have claimed to have interest in, by draft day the Pacers go in a completely different direction (Fred Jones, Primoz), unless they trade.

Remember what Mark Jackson said at Reggie's last game about D.W. with him working out there, and DW saying he would definently take him if he was still on the board, but they took some guy named Reggie Miller instead.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanInAZ
    That was mostly a joke. Everytime there are players that the Pacers have worked out or they have claimed to have interest in, by draft day the Pacers go in a completely different direction (Fred Jones, Primoz), unless they trade.

Remember what Mark Jackson said at Reggie's last game about D.W. with him working out there, and DW saying he would definently take him if he was still on the board, but they took some guy named Reggie Miller instead.

Ah gotcha........it's been so long, it's getting kinda hard to recgonize a sense of humor around here anymore.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like Danny Granger ALOT. He really impressed me during the times I saw him play this season. I don't see him falling to 17 though.

http://hoopshype.com/workouts.htm

According to HoopsHype.com, the Pacers are going to workout Ike Diogu next Thursday.

http://hoopshype.com/draft/ike_diogu.htm
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Geezer, no offense, but we don't need him. Don't even have a spot for him. He's another 6-8 SF.

We have Artest, at least until we hear otherwise. Then we have JJ (presumably re-signed) and then we have Jax (although he's probably the primary SG). We can also use Freddie at SF if needed.

Granger does not address any of the primary needs of the team. Namely, 1) a PF or C (preferably) that is able to hit an open 10-12 foot shot to alleviate some of the defensive pressure on Jermaine; 2) a long-range shooter; 3) possible improvement at PG.

Mood

No offense taken Beast...I just put the story out there.

I don't see anything sinister in us looking at Granger or Diogu...both about 6'8" .
    We have to look at somebody to draft don't we?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    http://hoopshype.com/workouts.htm

According to HoopsHype.com, the Pacers are going to workout Ike Diogu next Thursday.

http://hoopshype.com/draft/ike_diogu.htm
    Diogu has really jumped up the board lately. He went from 2nd round pick, to late 1st, and now the Pacers could be testing him at 17.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

In the 1st article on this topic it says Diogu has a 7'4 wingspan and I guess is like Elton Brand.

Man I would love Danny Granger on this team, but I feel that he will get picked earlier then 17.