Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistons have 5 allstar players

Default Re: Pistons have 5 allstar players

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean he's not?

-Bball
    I'd say they are about even. I think Sheed could be better, but he fits into the system in Detroit better the way he is now.

Jermaine relies too much on his athleticism, which is his reason why he isn't better than Sheed. The problem is that I don't see him trying to get better on fundamental basketball concepts, like rebounding.

But if Sheed honestly put the effort into it, he would be a better player. But right now, I think they are even.

(Though when they play each other, JO just has way too many problems)
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

3ptmiller

Yea i agree UB, i think the Pistons are almost a complete / perfect team, physically & mentally..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    Yea i agree UB, i think the Pistons are almost a complete / perfect team, physically & mentally..

I have a really hard time agreeing with that. The Spurs are a lot closer to being "perfect" than the Pistons. Pistons can still seem totally clueless for entire games, let alone minutes at a time. They're just too inconsistent to be labeled "almost perfect."

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    I have a really hard time agreeing with that. The Spurs are a lot closer to being "perfect" than the Pistons. Pistons can still seem totally clueless for entire games, let alone minutes at a time. They're just too inconsistent to be labeled "almost perfect."
    I definitely disagree with that too. Although that shouldn't surprise anyone here.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    I definitely disagree with that too. Although that shouldn't surprise anyone here.
    The Pistons are the worst team in the NBA when there is no pressure to win. Yet they're the best team in th league when their backs are against the wall. I'll never understand it.

Sure, Billups may shoot %40 from the foul line in game 2, but put him on the line in the last minute of game 7, and he's LAUGHING in between swishing four straight. SOmetimes I want to slap the guy.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by shags

So them being beat twice by the Pacers this post season was truely expected? With the injury situation, there's no way in the world that they should of walked out of Detroit 1-1. I'm in no way trying to belittle the Pacers, but lets be realistic.

The Pistons got it handed to them for over 4 straight qtrs., and my memory is a little fuzzy but I do believe it was closer to being 6. If that's "almost perfect" then your idea of perfect is way under the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    So them being beat twice by the Pacers this post season was truely expected? With the injury situation, there's no way in the world that they should of walked out of Detroit 1-1. I'm in no way trying to belittle the Pacers, but lets be realistic.

The Pistons got it handed to them for over 4 straight qtrs., and my memory is a little fuzzy but I do believe it was closer to being 6. If that's "almost perfect" then your idea of perfect is way under the bar.
    My fault. I agreed with what you were disagreeing with. Pistons ARE from a perfect team.

Naptown Seth

This thread is way off. The Pistons dont have 5 All-Stars, they have one.

Rasheed Wallace - Inefficent scorer, poor rebounder, poor shot blocker, bad attitude.
    Chauncey Billups - Poor passer, poor rebounder, below average at running an offense.
    Rip Hamilton - Poor rebounder, poor defender, only a "good" scorer
    Tayshaunce Prince - Limited offensively, not a great defender

If the Pistons were half as great as people make them out to be, they would have swept us, they wouldn't have had to rely on a Dwyane Wade injury to beat the Heat, and they wouldn't have lost to the Spurs.

Naptown,

Even if what you're saying about the 4 people you listed is true on an individual basis (which I don't agree with but I'm sure there are others out there who could argue back and forth with you all day about it) it still adds up to a sum that is more than equal of its individual parts.

Injuries or not, you don't accomplish what they have done the last two years on sheer luck.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

We have to be pretty bored to keep bumping thes dusty old tired threads.
    :yawn:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    Rasheed Wallace - Inefficent scorer, poor rebounder, poor shot blocker, bad attitude.
    Chauncey Billups - Poor passer, poor rebounder, below average at running an offense.
    Rip Hamilton - Poor rebounder, poor defender, only a "good" scorer
    Tayshaunce Prince - Limited offensively, not a great defender

I realize you hate the Pistons, but that's not really an excuse to skew the universe as we know it.....

I'm not gong to argue this, though, because if you truly believe all that, you're never going to change your mind, and I have better things to talk about. That is a RATS-type discussion.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Naptown Seth

Nothing I said is debatable. There's not a single great player on the Pistons.
    Rip Hamilton was a borderline top-15 shooting guard in Washington. Billups was anywhere between scrub to decent 6th man in the approx. 226 teams he played on before Detroit. Sheed was an underacheiving, ill-mannered loser in Portland. Tayshaun Prince was a poor defending, awkwardly built loser at Kentucky.

Now we're suppose to believe they're something great?
    I'm not "hating" on the Pistons team. Their chemistry is phenomonal, they play hard, and they play smart due to great coaching. However to say they'd be even better seperated is a bold faced lie.

What seperates Chauncey Billups from Antonio Daniels?
    What seperates Rip Hamilton from Wally Szczerbiak?
    What seperates Tayshaun Prince from Morris Peterson?

I'll give you a hint; there's only one answer. They play on a winning team.

The sum is far greater than the parts in Detriot.

Wow, far be it from me to get on somebody ragging on the Pistons, but that's just ignorant. MoPete? Are you kidding me?!
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Chauncy is a much better outside shooter, a far better overall scorer, and even though his passing isn't as good as some point guards, he still averageds more assists then AD.

Rip Hamilton has the best midrange jumper in the NBA, he runs off screens almost as well as Reggie does.

Tayshaun Prince is better in every single imaginable way then Mo Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Dirk is grossly overrated. The guy just doesn't play defense at all

It's too bad Rasheed never tried to be better than he could be. As someone pointed out before, he could be even better than Jermaine is.
    Rasheed is better than Jermaine.

OF course Jermaine might be my least favorite Pacer. Hopefully he changes my opinion this year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nothing I said is debatable. There's not a single great player on the Pistons.
    Rip Hamilton was a borderline top-15 shooting guard in Washington. Billups was anywhere between scrub to decent 6th man in the approx. 226 teams he played on before Detroit. Sheed was an underacheiving, ill-mannered loser in Portland. Tayshaun Prince was a poor defending, awkwardly built loser at Kentucky.

Now we're suppose to believe they're something great?
    I'm not "hating" on the Pistons team. Their chemistry is phenomonal, they play hard, and they play smart due to great coaching. However to say they'd be even better seperated is a bold faced lie.

I'll give you a hint; there's only one answer. They play on a winning team.

The sum is far greater than the parts in Detriot.
    No one would argue that the sum is greater than the parts. That's what synergy is all about. And the Pistons are more synergistic than perhaps every other team in the league, with the possible exception of the Spurs. But that is another debate.

But what you totally overlook is that each individual starter for the Pistons is pretty damn good in his own right. An opinion that I happen to share with Buck and probably 3/4 of all other forum members.

By the way, any statement is debatable. For example, you might make the statement that your opinions are gold and that they come from the gods themselves... therefore surely they cannot be debatable. KStat on the other hand might have the opinion that your latest opinions must have eminated from a raving lunatic. The truth is almost always somewhere between the two extremes.