Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vescey slams Star Reporter on Tinsley????

Hybrid View

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Vescey slams Star Reporter on Tinsley????

It's about the 10-12 paragraph down on HoopsHype and I can't read the column. It's a NYPost ya gotta register site, and I can't register from here. Can someone post it please?

Thanks
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Sports Logo

Default Re: Vescey slams Star Reporter on Tinsley????

http://www.nypost.com/sports/45152.htm

Soon after the Pistons erased the Pacers, Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star reported no Indiana player is untouchable and then identified Scot Pollard and Jamaal Tinsley (noting his "reasonable contract through 2010-11") as two who could be moved.

So much for Wells' comprehension of what management, the coaching staff and Tinsley's teammates think of their pure playmaker. So much for his consciousness regarding Tinsley's consequence to the Pacers' success. So much for his awareness of the rareness on exhibit by Brooklyn's gift to Indianapolis.

Moved for whom? Steve Nash? Jason Kidd?

Wells still must be under the influence of Isiah Thomas. Before Larry Bird fired Thomas, he wanted Tinsley traded, attempting to use the cover of Jermaine O'Neal and his free agent leverage; Jamaal was too street-wise to be fooled by his coach's con.

I hate clueless people, especially those in position to know better.

If Wells can't figure out how to get off the beaten path, he needs to do readers a favor and get off the beat.

(wow its almost like I wrote this )

Why would another reporter on another paper take anytime to hammer another reporter about some article he wrote? With all the garbage Vescey puts out there as truth he should be ashamed. Worse than spam.

owl

Vescey has turned into quite the Tinsley fan.

I remember him bashing Marbury earlier in the year saying something to the fact that Marbury isn't even the best point guard out of New York, Tinsley is. Now he's defending him from the Indy press. I wonder if they have some type of relationship we don't know about.

NewType

Quote Originally Posted by Netweeny
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vescey has turned into quite the Tinsley fan.

I remember him bashing Marbury earlier in the year saying something to the fact that Marbury isn't even the best point guard out of New York, Tinsley is. Now he's defending him from the Indy press. I wonder if they have some type of relationship we don't know about.
    Also, every time when he's on NBA TV and talks about anything about Pacers or PG in general, he praises Jamaal. It seems like he's getting a bit over defensive for Jamaal in this article.

[Dark side speaking] May be it's DW and LB's plan. They ask Versey to speak highly of Jamaal any chance he gets to inflat his trade value...[/Darl side speaking]

Quote Originally Posted by owl
    Why would another reporter on another paper take anytime to hammer another reporter about some article he wrote? With all the garbage Vescey puts out there as truth he should be ashamed. Worse than spam.

owl
    Vescey hammers Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News all the time. I've also seen him take others to task if he thinks they are wrong.

In this case I don't think the Pacer's are shopping Tinsley, but they will trade him if the right deal comes along. I think Bird does want to sign Jake, [SJ] to take some of Tinsleys minutes.

Yeah yeah, here we go again, of course Vecsey is an idiot adn posts trash from time to time, so much that most of us go out of our way to read it anyway.
    Nonetheless, as others here have said before and I am one of those culprits, We are the "not impressed with Wells" camp.

And either the article he wrote suggesting trades for Tins came from the Pacers top in shopping him or he simply does not understand the role Tins has on this team.

as for that Role:

Carlisle: "We are not as good without Jamaal"
    JO:"Jamaal is the engine of this team, no matter how good others are at replacing him, without him we are not as good"
    Larry Bird:"I see Jamaal as the most likely next player on the team to become an All Star.

And indeed as we have discussed earlier in extenso, who do we replace him with, he is considered top5 PG, none of those are acailable, nor does the team straight away approve of that is my guess
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

No one has posted anything about what I found most interesting in Vescey's column. The part where Isiah wanted Tinsley traded. I always thought Isiah really liked Tinsley

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    No one has posted anything about what I found most intereting in Vescey's column. The part where Isiah wanted Tinsley traded. I always thought Isiah really liked Tinsley
    You are right, now that I've re-read that part I do find it interesting. Vecsey's choice of word's are interesting also, "Jamaal was too street-wise to be fooled by his coach's con."

Inflammatory words if you ask me, but that's Vecsey's style. He did push Isiah for the Indiana coaching job, but friendship doesn't mean much to him. I don't remember how it was put, but it's been said of Vecsey that he would throw dirt on his grandmother if it would make a story.

Then again we are talking about Isiah Thomas and he's only friends with a lot of people because of what they can do for him.

Of course that's not addressing what you found most interesting, Isiah wanting to trade Tinsley. Tinsley must have really made Isiah mad for him to want to trade him!

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    You are right, now that I've re-read that part I do find it interesting. Vecsey's choice of word's are interesting also, "Jamaal was too street-wise to be fooled by his coach's con."

Inflammatory words if you ask me, but that's Vecsey's style. He did push Isiah for the Indiana coaching job, but friendship doesn't mean much to him. I don't remember how it was put, but it's been said of Vecsey that he would throw dirt on his grandmother if it would make a story.

Will........your sig, are you quoting the old Spike Jones and the City Slickers "song"?????
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Will........your sig, are you quoting the old Spike Jones and the City Slickers "song"?????
    Yes, I had the record as a child and loved it. Played it constantly and then it disappeared.

woman without a team

No one has posted anything about what I found most intereting in Vescey's column. The part where Isiah wanted Tinsley traded. I always thought Isiah really liked Tinsley
    I wouldn't believe anything Vescey says about anything. He could tell me the sky is blue, the grass is green, and we live on plantet Earth. Therefore I would believe we are living on the planet Genesis right before it blews up during Star Trek III.

[voice from the crowd]O.K, grace, tell us how you really feel[/voice from the crowd]

You asked for it. This is what I feel (like doing) when I think of Peter Vescey.

:finger:

So did I.

Tim

No one has posted anything about what I found most interesting in Vescey's column. The part where Isiah wanted Tinsley traded. I always thought Isiah really liked Tinsley

Isiah never wanted Jamaal traded, I think he was talking about Larry.

Larry cares about how people keep themselves in condition in the off season and Jamaal does not have a stellar rep, although he has improved.

Vecsey is a tool. No way Isiah wanted to trade Tinsley. Isiah would trade for Tinsley in a heartbeat, no matter how many points they already have.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Chest Rockwell

Isiah needs to make 2-3 trades per year so he can feel like he's doing his job.

I believe Vecsey when it comes to the Pacers (usually) because I think he has good sources with the Pacers.

I can believe Isiah wanted Tinsley traded because he probably expected him to be more like Isiah the player and probably cut him less slack for that reason (speculating).

I will further speculate that Vecsey is either being duped, or is willingly spreading propoganda for the Pacers because Wells reported the truth and the brass wants Tinsley's stock to go up.

IOW, I think the odds are better than not that Tinsley IS on the trading block.

Wells, so far, seems to report the dirt as opposed to who told us what the Pacers wanted us to hear (or at least what he thought the Pacers wanted us to hear... he pulled punches).

...Of course I could be wrong and Wells was just speculating....

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

In an article earlier this season, Vecsey wrote something like "Every team would have a Jamaal Tinsley" when he was describing his dream team, or something.

Pete is a big Tinsley fan, and for good reason. When he was healthy this season, he was spectacular, my second favorite Pacer. I have decided I don't want to see Tinsley moved. I think he will come back even better after this season, and I think he will get over his injury problems, especially if we limit his minutes.

I want AJ back too, BTW. The perfect complement to Tinsley, for whenever Tinsley loses his head, or is shooting terribly.

Don't touch the PG position, Donnie! (unless it's Gill )

What was that Tinsley said about the playoffs being like a drug, he just couldn't get enough of it? I loved that.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Vescey slams Star Reporter on Tinsley????
    I just wonder how he did it? I'm guessing he somehow distracted the ref so his partner could poke Jamaal in the eye with a foreign object, leaving him writhing in pain. Then Vescey military pressed Wells Tony Atlas-style and threw him onto the incapacitated Tinsley......

Sorry.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

So let me get this straight. Peter Vescey reads the Star to get the scoop on what's happening with the Pacers? Sounds like he needs to do a little leg work of his own and come up with something original.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    So let me get this straight. Peter Vescey reads the Star to get the scoop on what's happening with the Pacers? Sounds like he needs to do a little leg work of his own and come up with something original.
    He got all the leg work he wanted sitting behind the Pacmeates during the playoffs.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I never do put a lot of faith in what Vescey has to say.

For the most part, he spews a lot of *****, knowing that some will find its way to sticking on the wall.

He has enough history to know that he'll be right a certain amount of the time, ahd he'll be wrong probably even more of the time. But those that like him will usually only see the ***** that sticks.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I originally read that sentence as Bird wanting to trade Tinsley, which would make sense when the team brought in Carlisle, AJ and KA and then Tinsley went to the bench.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    I originally read that sentence as Bird wanting to trade Tinsley, which would make sense when the team brought in Carlisle, AJ and KA and then Tinsley went to the bench.
    Agreed.

Bird only watched the last 20 games from the season before he came in, and formed his opinions (including his opinion of Brad) accordingly. That was one of my major misgivings when we moved Brad... I thought Larry never looked to see what it was like early in the year.

Say what you want about Thomas, but before he ran his first practice he'd watched every minute of tape from the previous year. I respected that.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Pacerforever247

I wouldn't trade tinsley but if we get a startin c with scorein touch I would trade in heat beat