Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The NBA is broken. How do we put it back together again?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The NBA is broken. How do we put it back together again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, he's devoted basically his whole reporting career to the NBA because he just hates the NBA so much.

Of course, the objective math is on his side. Two Finals teams sweeping their way to the Finals followed by a 4-1 Finals series is a complete snooze fest.
    Technically, Cleveland went 12-1. But that loss was a fluke more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    They shot about 373728282 shots within 5 feet. Because those are the really tough ones.

Oh, and they combined for over 500 free throws.
    well they used to be tough because the opponent would put his feet under the shooter to try to break his ankles, now all we got is sissy basketball
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

I'm with Rachel

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Technically, Cleveland went 12-1. But that loss was a fluke more than anything.
    I think LeBron just took the night off. He claimed to be sick. Like I believe that. Jordan played some of his best basketball sick as a dog. I thought LeBron was claiming GOAT.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

They aren't struggling to fill the arenas. Even the worst of the worst are making plenty of money on live attendance. The Kings are the worst run franchise in sports yet were in the middle of the pack.

Nothing about the NBA is broken.

For a basketball focused state like Indiana to be that low in attendance is a you problem. Not NBA
    So true. There just aren't as many diehard NBA fans in Indianapolis as there were during the Larry Brown - brawl years.

I think that a lot of people are still turned off by the brawl (really after Reggie retired and Artest demanded a trade). Others lost interest after Lance left and then PG broke his leg and the Pacers missed the playoffs.

This team has been snake bit for a while. I still love them and make the trip up to Indy at least twice a season but many in the city just don't care anymore.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    So true. There just aren't as many diehard NBA fans in Indianapolis as there were during the Larry Brown - brawl years.

I think that a lot of people are still turned off by the brawl (really after Reggie retired and Artest demanded a trade). Others lost interest after Lance left and then PG broke his leg and the Pacers missed the playoffs.

This team has been snake bit for a while. I still love them and make the trip up to Indy at least twice a season but many in the city just don't care anymore.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk
    There just aren't very many to begin with. In Indiana college is king, and the Pacers are just a side thing for most. So if the team isn't a competitive playoff team most people just don't have much interest because they have IU, Purdue, Butler, and Notre Dame. Now the 90's was kind of the NBA's pop-culture heyday. Even if the league sells more tickets, makes more money, and has more viewers as a whole the NBA seems to be less and less relevant to pop-culture.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    There just aren't very many to begin with. In Indiana college is king, and the Pacers are just a side thing for most. So if the team isn't a competitive playoff team most people just don't have much interest because they have IU, Purdue, Butler, and Notre Dame. Now the 90's was kind of the NBA's pop-culture heyday. Even if the league sells more tickets, makes more money, and has more viewers as a whole the NBA seems to be less and less relevant to pop-culture.
    Compare how the city was in the 90's when the Pacers were just making the playoffs. I suppose we are spoiled now, but the city doesn't really care and who blames them? There isn't any real possibility that the Pacers can win a title. Not with the centralization of pure talent on just a few rosters.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

So, Kyrie is demanding a trade and gutting his value. What happens now? Melo? What if he demands another destination?