Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 326 to 342 of 342

Thread: An answer for Fortaz......

  1. #326
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,660

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...in this day and age its not hard to get rid of something u want gone....
    Let's don't go quite that far.

    Somehow, I don't think you are the father of a teenage girl... that might have a boyfriend that you might not approve of?

    I've been their and done that... believe me, they are like bad pennies. The little *****s just keep coming back. Very hard to get rid of.

  2. #327
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by ILovethePacers
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread is really long... is it worth reading?

    Not only is it thirteen pages long, but its a conversation between Peck and Fortaz. And if you haven't seen it yet, Fortaz's posts make Peck seem brief. So the answer is, "yes, but only if you've got nothing else to do today."
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  3. #328
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not only is it thirteen pages long, but its a conversation between Peck and Fortaz. And if you haven't seen it yet, Fortaz's posts make Peck seem brief. So the answer is, "yes, but only if you've got nothing else to do today."
    god it feels good to look at this thread and laugh....seriously....peck wears me out...im sending him a damn bill for my friggen keyboard...if anyone ever attempts to use this keyboard that doesnt know how to type theyre screwed....

    i never knew u could erase the letters of the keyboard.....btw....what does it mean when there appear to be hairline fractures in the keys?

  4. #329
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    god it feels good to look at this thread and laugh....seriously....peck wears me out...im sending him a damn bill for my friggen keyboard...if anyone ever attempts to use this keyboard that doesnt know how to type theyre screwed....

    i never knew u could erase the letters of the keyboard.....btw....what does it mean when there appear to be hairline fractures in the keys?

    Always knew you had an excuse for not using the shift key.

  5. #330
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i have no interest in knowing what they were thinking so that i might second guess them down the road when things dont work out....and i do find it rather silly if u would believe they would allow any kind of info to get out that would allow this sort of thing....
    There's no way of preventing that from happening if they share their thoughts and feelings with people, which they obviously do.


    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and when someone wants to say that this deal got exed because of this that and the other...i kinda laugh....u dont know that...u simply dont know that...u only know what people want u to know then u formulate that based on what ur personal desire is....
    I'd agree somewhat with this, but not entirely. It just depends on a person's level of candidness with certain peopleówife, family, friends, etc.

    But I agree with the rest of your post from which these two quotes were pulled.

  6. #331
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,253

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i agree one hundred percent with everything uve said here....i dont think weve ever seen anything remotely resembling a panic mode from the walsh regime....


    Bball says we saw it in 1999 when Walsh set the wheels into motion to rebuild 'on the fly'. Of course many chose to distance themselves from Bball on that point of view... just as I am doing now

    But seriously... I've always thought Walsh panicked at the (IMHO) fluke loss to the Knicks in 1999 and irreversibly set the wheels in motion that sowed the seeds that we had to reap (for better or worse) by 2000. But we'd be seriously off topic to discuss that point soley right now in this thread. But I bring it up because I disagree with your saying:
    "i dont think weve ever seen anything remotely resembling a panic mode from the walsh regime....


    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  7. #332
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bball says we saw it in 1999 when Walsh set the wheels into motion to rebuild 'on the fly'. Of course many chose to distance themselves from Bball on that point of view... just as I am doing now

    But seriously... I've always thought Walsh panicked at the (IMHO) fluke loss to the Knicks in 1999 and irreversibly set the wheels in motion that sowed the seeds that we had to reap (for better or worse) by 2000. But we'd be seriously off topic to discuss that point soley right now in this thread. But I bring it up because I disagree with your saying:
    "i dont think weve ever seen anything remotely resembling a panic mode from the walsh regime....


    -Bball
    actually i think i somewhat broached the very subject of which u speak in that same post...

  8. #333
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,692

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    actually i think i somewhat broached the very subject of which u speak in that same post...
    Actually I was going to talk about that in the future with you because I about dropped over dead when I read your comments about Walsh basing Bender on Camby.

    I thought only Bball & myself had that crazy thought.

    Anyway, other than the Artest thing, you & I share a lot of the same thoughts.

    The fact that Dale Davis is your favorite player automatically by law forces me to take what you say seriously because you obviously have good taste in players.

    Then you go & mention one of my two other favorite players of all-time (Dr. Dunk himself Darnell Hillman) & if you hit my third favorite player as one of yours I will know you are ok. (hint: Billy Knight).

    Anyway Bball go back up & read his comments about Camby & you will be amazed at how much he parallels us on that.

    Now if only we could exercize that Artest demon from you then all would be wll.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  9. #334
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,006

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    "The fact that Dale Davis is your favorite player automatically by law forces me to take what you say seriously because you obviously have good taste in players."

    Oh man! These guys have found each other!

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  10. #335
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually I was going to talk about that in the future with you because I about dropped over dead when I read your comments about Walsh basing Bender on Camby.

    I thought only Bball & myself had that crazy thought.

    Anyway, other than the Artest thing, you & I share a lot of the same thoughts.

    The fact that Dale Davis is your favorite player automatically by law forces me to take what you say seriously because you obviously have good taste in players.

    Then you go & mention one of my two other favorite players of all-time (Dr. Dunk himself Darnell Hillman) & if you hit my third favorite player as one of yours I will know you are ok. (hint: Billy Knight).

    Anyway Bball go back up & read his comments about Camby & you will be amazed at how much he parallels us on that.

    Now if only we could exercize that Artest demon from you then all would be wll.
    let me give u just a little insight of what ur dealing with here...though im sure this thread has probably done enuff of that...

    as u know im 40....my first memories of the pacers were sitting in living room next to the console tv/phonograph/stereo and listening to the pacers on the radio as most of the games werent broadcast back then(i was probably around the age of 5) the most memorable of radio hosts was joe mcdonald though i cant remember if he was doing them back that far...

    anyway, i became so enamored with darnell...billy keller came to my elementary school the day after(my how times have changed) he hit a 70 foot shot against the colonels that was disallowed because it was deemed to have happened after the buzzer-and therefore the colonels won the playoff series....all i wanted to do, as i recall, was ask him about how high darnell could jump and was it true he could grab a twenty dollar bill off the top of the backboard or put his foot on the backboard...

    when doctor j came into the league and began to rival my favorite for his dunking and jumping ability, i made it a point to tell everyone that would listen, and many that wouldnt, that darnell ws the better dunker and could jump higher(remember i was around 10-12 at this point)....and i didnt just say these things....i had cut out a picture from the indy news of a jump ball between darnell and dr. j where darnell was a full hand above doctor j...i backed up my arguments with visual effects...

    as far as bk is concerned....anyone thats a pacers fan from our era...u couldnt not like him....he was simply one of the smoothest basketball players to ever play....when i think back at just how effortless he made the whole thing look....well...i really cant think or have ever noticed someone that really reminded me of him....it just seemed he played the game a bit differently...very tough to describe...

  11. #336
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,660

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    So Peck - it's
    1. DD
    2. Darnell
    3. Billy

    Do you include Roger and George anywhere among your top players?

  12. #337
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,253

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Anyway Bball go back up & read his comments about Camby & you will be amazed at how much he parallels us on that.

    Now if only we could exercize that Artest demon from you then all would be wll.
    I totally missed the Camby reference(s). I was doing a lot of skimming. I can't do it now... I'm out the door on some show prep but I will try and find it when I return.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  13. #338
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually I was going to talk about that in the future with you because I about dropped over dead when I read your comments about Walsh basing Bender on Camby.

    I thought only Bball & myself had that crazy thought.
    Where is that comment exactly (in this thread)? The reason I ask is because foretaz has made it clear that he doesn't indulge in speculation into the thinking behind a GM's actions because as far as he's concerned, that's impossible to know unless the GM expresses them directly to someone, which he doesn't think a GM/businessman would do.

  14. #339

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Now if only we could exercize that Artest demon from you then all would be wll.
    What demon? Just join Artest lovers group
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  15. #340
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where is that comment exactly (in this thread)? The reason I ask is because foretaz has made it clear that he doesn't indulge in speculation into the thinking behind a GM's actions because as far as he's concerned, that's impossible to know unless the GM expresses them directly to someone, which he doesn't think a GM/businessman would do.
    speculation involves talking about things that might happen in the future...

    for someone that appears to be paying as close attention as u do to my posts-almost looking for some sort of slipup it appears-ill post the link for u...

    i could address the rest of ur post....but im growing tired of ur twisting, distorting, and generally putting words in my mouth....at this point i d just prefer to stand by what i say...and if i have a change of heart or feel i misrespresented something...then i will say so...


    http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...&postcount=323

  16. #341
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    speculation involves talking about things that might happen in the future...
    Not necessarily. You can speculate about past events and the thoughts, feelings and motives of the people involved in them.


    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    for someone that appears to be paying as close attention as u do to my posts-almost looking for some sort of slipup it appears-ill post the link for u...
    I think you're misreading my intentions. I was merely trying to clarify, more for myself, your position because I was starting to get confused.


    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the absolute closest thing i could think of would be the bender acquisition....one could definitely argue that after cambys playoff performance he put a premium value on a long athletic player that could affect a game both offensively as well as a weakside defender....he knew he had one of the very best low post defenders in dd....i think he might have become enamored a bit with what he saw camby do freelancing from the weakside on the defensive end....

    however, as much as we might hate to admit it....and history would definitely change our opinion....there were other very pertinent and very valid reasons to do that deal....it obviously didnt materialize the way that we all wouldve liked, no matter what happens from here on out....

    however....no one gets it right every time....there are simply too many variables
    This seems to fly in the face of what you were saying earlier about the thoughts or feelings of a GM, but as I've admitted, I could be wrong as to what you were actually saying. There's a lot to digest here (in this thread).

    EDIT: That said, I think the above is a very astute observation.

  17. #342
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: An answer for Fortaz......

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not necessarily. You can speculate about past events and the thoughts, feelings and motives of the people involved in them.



    I think you're misreading my intentions. I was merely trying to clarify, more for myself, your position because I was starting to get confused.




    This seems to fly in the face of what you were saying earlier about the thoughts or feelings of a GM, but as I've admitted, I could be wrong as to what you were actually saying. There's a lot to digest here (in this thread).

    EDIT: That said, I think the above is a very astute observation.
    i dont mind speculation at all...i dont think ive said to the contrary....its enjoyable....as long as its kept in proper perspective...its just speculation...and none of us know whats going to happen...only donnie and larry know that....

    when someone says...well, if u knew this u would feel differently...i have a problem with that...how many times have we heard supposed confirmed reports of insider info-that indeed might have been accurate-and still things didnt go the way it was supposed to....

    so when people say...ur wrong to speculate that way or whatever....to me thats ridiculous...because its speculation...and much like opinions its a bit tough for them to be wrong...though i ve often said...ur entitled to ur opinion-even if it is wrong

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •