Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 True or False Questions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 10 True or False Questions

I thought it would be fun to ask 10 questions, and have you all answer True or False. You can simply answer True or False, or you can elaborate on your answers.

1. O'Neal, Artest, and Jackson will all 3 be Pacers next season

2. Artest will go the entire season next year without causing a disruption, and will proved that he is a changed person

3. The Pacers will make a significant trade before the season

4. This team will miss Reggie maybe more than we all thought

5. Tinsley is the long term answer at PG, the Pacers should stand pat with him.

6. Jermaine will evolve into a true leader.

7. This team is built for the regular season

8. A healthy Pacers team will finally move past Detroit

9. The Pacers will win the championship

10. This one is a joke by now: We will finally "see it all" from Bender.

Let me answer.

1. True: I would like to see Ron moved for someone, but I dont think it will happen
    2. False: I just don't think his head is screwed on straight
    3. True: I'm hoping for that Laker trade
    4. True
    5. False
    6. False
    7. True
    8. False
    9. False
    10. False

Default Re: 10 True or False Questions

True
    2. Artest will go the entire season next year without causing a disruption, and will proved that he is a changed person
    True
    False (for me...significant is a subjective word)
    False
    True
    False (this season?: no...but if you're talking long term: yes)
    False
    False (won't face Detroit in playoffs if that's what #8 intends)
    True (not necessarily this year though.. )
    10. This one is a joke: We will finally "see it all" from Bender.
    True

1. O'Neal, Artest, and Jackson will all 3 be Pacers next season.

True -- mainly because I doubt they'll find a biter for a SG, sign and trade or no. Honestly, I'd much rather see the Pacers use Pollard and any other expiring contracts to acquire a center. However, I realize the pickings are slimmer than slim in available, compatible centers.

2. Artest will go the entire season next year without causing a disruption, and will proved that he is a changed person.

True -- my theory has always been this: If I don't support Ron Artest, who will? Call me the eternal optimist in this respect. Now, I'm going to go buy a Powerball ticket.

3. The Pacers will make a significant trade before the season.

True -- though it depends on what you call legitimate. If moving Jon Bender is legitimate ... woo!

4. This team will miss Reggie maybe more than we all thought.

False -- from a basketball standpoint, at least. It'll be a different team, that's for sure. But the missing Reggie aspect of next year will mainly be nostalgic.

True -- I want to give a conditional here ... but ... well ... stand by your man.

False -- not yet, not yet.

7. This team is built for the regular season.

False -- they can fight with the Pistons and the Heat in a playoff series. The problem has always been injuries, and, more importantly, a lack of a true center.

8. A healthy Pacers team will finally move past Detroit.

No answer -- first, they've got to play 'em. Second ... well, so much can happen between now and then ... trades, injuries, psychotic spasms, etc. Who knows?

9. The Pacers will win the championship.

False -- not yet, not yet.

True -- see No. 3. We'll see it all from Jon Bender. And by all, I mean we'll see him leaving. (Make that two Powerball tickets.)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

True. I don't see the Pacers giving up on the lineup they envisioned when they brought Jackson in. Just because they didn't get to see that lineup last season, doesn't mean they don't want to see it this season.

False. I still have to believe that Ron is good ofr at least one minor blowup. I don't think we'll ever see anything that lives up to the brawl ever again, but I could see him getting suspended for a game or 2 for his minor antics.

True. I have to believe that Bender is as good as gone in some fashion. Even if all we got back for him was a grilled cheese sandwich, it's still a significant trade.

False. His leadership will be missed. His game will not. I know he put on a brilliant performance toward the end of the season, but it's just his time to go, and it's time for Pacers with lesser roles up to this point to put the skills they learned from Reggie on the floor.

False. If there's a chance to land one of the big three point guards, the Pacers will jump on it. In fact if Jarrett Jack is still there at 17, the Pacers could do a lot worse than taking him. Tins is a great player when he's healthy, but when is the last time he was able to bring it by the time the playoffs started?

True. People have already forgotten about the absolutely incredible stretch of play that JO put on between his suspension and his injury. During those 30 odd games, JO was undoubtedly the most dominant PF in the league. Even moreso than Amare. I think JO will seize the opportunity to take over Reggie's leadership role, and make this "JO's team" in much the same way the Knicks were Patrick Ewing's.

False. The Pacers were so close last season, and took the defending champs to the same number of games this season. They are close, and a play here or there and they could have gotten over the hump in either year.

True. As far as I'm concerned, the Pacers that demolished the Pistons on their home floor on 11/19 is the team that would have won it all.

True. The nucleus here is too good and too young. They have the potential to run roughshod over the rest of the league right now.

True. He'll just be doing it for another team.

1. O'Neal, Artest, and Jackson will all 3 be Pacers next season True if we don't get someone better than Jackson.

2. Artest will go the entire season next year without causing a disruption, and will proved that he is a changed person Depends on what you mean by a disruption. Artest will get flagrants because guys like Ben Wallace will act like they were shot.

3. The Pacers will make a significant trade before the season True

4. This team will miss Reggie maybe more than we all thought false, of course we all don't think the same

5. Tinsley is the long term answer at PG, the Pacers should stand pat with him. false

6. Jermaine will evolve into a true leader.hmmm

7. This team is built for the regular season FALSE! You have to win in the regular season before you can win in the playoffs. *&&^$$# idea!

8. A healthy Pacers team will finally move past Detroiteasy

9. The Pacers will win the championship true, in the next three years. Maybe 3 in a row

10. This one is a joke: We will finally "see it all" from Bender. Close your eyes Grace!

Mmmmmm ... grilled cheese. Mmmmmmm ...

These are always fun...

True, mainly because I don't think anyone wants Jackson, Ron's value is at an all-time low, and I can't see Donnie and Larry dumping JO quite yet.

False.

False. The Bender trade doesn't count here, a significant trade would involve us losing and/or gaining someone that could make a large contribution.

True. On the court, no, but I think his presence in the lockerroom and on the sidelines affected and stabilized this team more than we realize.

False.

False.

False. This team is built for the regular season and the first two rounds of the playoffs. But this is not a championship team.

False. Detroit will continue to improve via trades and free agency while the Pacers...won't.

False, at least, this group won't.

We've already seen everything Bender has to offer.

IndyToad
    Don't breathe too much

3ptmiller

True

False
    True
    False
    True
    False
    True
    True
    False
    10. This one is a joke: We will finally "see it all" from Bender
    True?

True
    False, though he will not have any mega-suspensions. Expect something between how he was in 04 and how he was in 03.
    False
    False
    Undetermined
    False
    False
    True; Brown's leaving.
    False
    Unless he's becomming a stripper, False.

1. False
    2. True
    3. True
    4. True
    5. False
    6. False
    7. False
    8. True
    9. True...but not next year.
    10. True, but in LA.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

1.True

2.True

3.False

4.True, they will miss his leadrship

5.True

6.True

7.False

8.True

9.True

10.False

True

False

True

False

Sure

True

False

True

True

The phrase "see it all" made me think of his posing for Play Girl. I don't think either will happen

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. I think Tins will be here as well (BYC), and probably Foster as well. After that who knows.

Under ideal circumstances, I'd say true. In fact next season might be the best of his career. I could really see that; he's going to have something to prove.

However... look what he's going to be up against. It's basically Ron against the world next year, at least for a while - media, officials, David Stern, opposing fans, players and coaches are all going to have a microscope so far up his a$$ that he won't be able to sit down straight all season. That's a lot of pressure for even the most level-headed, mature person on earth to deal with. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple minor controversies here and there - the occasional technical or flagrant foul, or perhaps another player picking a fight with him etc.

Overall I guess I say "True" just because I think it WILL be apparent that Ron is a changed man by the end of the season (hey, all you have to do is look at my avatar - doesn't he look so sweet and innocent?)

True - but, I don't think it will involve the starters.

False.

True, if he can stay healthy for a full season. If not, well, we'll see.

True. I think he's already more of a leader than most of you give him credit for. Bird has thrown down the challenge this season and I expect Jermaine to step up.

False. I don't really know what that means anyway.

Uh, true I guess. But we might not even face them again for a while. Who knows. Miami could very well be the team to beat next year, or even Chicago. Or us. Detroit could fall apart depending on what happens.

True - Eventually, sure...

True - once he's in another team's uniform...

True

True. I believe in the man.

False. A minorone, though, I wouldn't leave out the possibility.

False. As far as on the court, no. I think he was holding the rest of the team back, honestly. Off the court, I'm not sure. I guess we will find out.

True. Well, lets see how his injury stuff plays out. If he has one more major injury this year, then maybe not. Perhaps he should sit out the regular season and play only in the playoffs.

I don't know. I really don't. I want to believe he can, but he certainly hasn't shown it so far.

I really do hate this theory. False. We are not built for the regular season, because we play defense. Our defensive mentality allows us to play good consistantly.

True. I have no question we are better than they are. The first game we played against them proved that. We, if healthy, are better than they are. And they won't be as good next year, because Larry won't be around.

I hope so. But I won't put money on any Indiana team winning anything, because it never does happen.

Ha.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

1. O'Neal, Artest, and Jackson will all 3 be Pacers next season. True

2. Artest will go the entire season next year without causing a disruption, and will proved that he is a changed person. True

3. The Pacers will make a significant trade before the season. False

4. This team will miss Reggie maybe more than we all thought. False

5. Tinsley is the long term answer at PG, the Pacers should stand pat with him. True

6. Jermaine will evolve into a true leader. True

7. This team is built for the regular season. False

8. A healthy Pacers team will finally move past Detroit. True

9. The Pacers will win the championship. False

10. This one is a joke by now: We will finally "see it all" from Bender. False

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness

True. I have no question we are better than they are. The first game we played against them proved that. We, if healthy, are better than they are. And they won't be as good next year, because Larry won't be around.

The November 19th win against the Pistons did not "prove" that we were better than them. We outplayed them, yes, but in the NBA, anyone can beat anyone on any given night. You don't prove you are better with a win in November.

I'd like to believe that we are a better team with a full, healthy roster....But we won't "prove" that until we beat them in a 7 game series.

1. O'Neal, Artest, and Jackson will all 3 be Pacers next season TRUE

2. Artest will go the entire season next year without causing a disruption, and will proved that he is a changed person He will be disciplined a few more times and probably suspended at least once, hopefully for causing a Ben Wallace flop.

3. The Pacers will make a significant trade before the season NO they won't

4. This team will miss Reggie maybe more than we all thought Yeah, but mostly just from the locker room and that's why I hope he sticks around some. And, he would make a terrific 2 off the bench.

5. Tinsley is the long term answer at PG, NO he ain't the Pacers should stand pat with him.But, yeah they should. There isn't anyone else we can pick up without giving away too much of our team. He isn't THAT bad.

6. Jermaine will evolve into a true leader.I certainly hope he does, but it will be tough. He needs more mature toughness and less swagger

7. This team is built for the regular season I don't know. Injuries seem to stop us from finding out during the playoffs who we are.

8. A healthy Pacers team will finally move past Detroit TRUE, but let's not overlook that someone else may take 'em out next playoffs. Stick a fork in 'em.

9. The Pacers will win the championshipFalse

10. This one is a joke by now: We will finally "see it all" from Bender.False, why wouldn't it be JB as usual? I can't really think of any pro player who has had the injuries he's had and come back and become a factor for long, including Grant Hill

1. O'Neal, Artest, and Jackson will all 3 be Pacers next season- True

2. Artest will go the entire season next year without causing a disruption, and will proved that he is a changed person- False (nothing major, but of course he will do something. I mean... its Ron Artest we are talking about.)

3. The Pacers will make a significant trade before the season- True (The managment has eluded to something happening, I think something will. I don't know if it will be that Lakers trade or not.)

4. This team will miss Reggie maybe more than we all thought- False

5. Tinsley is the long term answer at PG, the Pacers should stand pat with him.- True (For one more season. If he is inconsistent, or gets injured again, we should shop him next summer.)

6. Jermaine will evolve into a true leader.- True (I think he was humbled by playing a last season with Reggie. Hes ready.)

7. This team is built for the regular season- False (This team can win a championship. No doubt in my mind.)

8. A healthy Pacers team will finally move past Detroit- True (Artest will be key.)

9. The Pacers will win the championship- I dont want to jinx anything, but I'm going to say True.

10. This one is a joke by now: We will finally "see it all" from Bender.- True. Hes due... isn't he?

True
    False
    False
    True
    False
    False
    True
    True
    False
    False, the following year.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    False.
    False.
    True.
    False.
    True.
    True.
    True. As configured. But Bird knows it, he's already said basically that we weren't going to beat Detroit this season and that we need to improve. If he and DW make real moves this summer, then we'll have to re-visit this question.
    False.
    False. (See answer #7).
    True - we'll see him sit on LAL's injured list all season, they'll buy out his contract, and he'll never be heard from again.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Jay, number 7 was for you.

Who do you think will be gone Jay, Artest, O'Neal, or Jackson?

Six true, four false.

I'm too lazy to explain which ones are which.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    False.

False.

True.

False.

True.

True.

True. As configured. But Bird knows it, he's already said basically that we weren't going to beat Detroit this season and that we need to improve. If he and DW make real moves this summer, then we'll have to re-visit this question.

False.

False. (See answer #7).

True - we'll see him sit on LAL's injured list all season, they'll buy out his contract, and he'll never be heard from again.
    Okay Jay said that JO will evolve into a true leader.First positive thing I read from him about the Pacers in months. I will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    Jay, number 7 was for you.

Who do you think will be gone Jay, Artest, O'Neal, or Jackson?
    I figured as much. Maybe I really should've called it "this team is built to lose in the ECFs" or "This team peaks in November every season" for those of you unsure what I mean.

As for the trade, I've got a hunch it'll be Jackson... he's got value, a reasonable contract. But he's not a good fit on this team because our other top-four players are also generally volatile (FG%, PPG, temper, Steve is volatile no matter what criteria you use) and each of the others (JO, max contract; Tinsley, BYC; and Ron, just plain crazy) are difficult to move. That, and my gut feeling is that DW and Bird want Ron to showcase his talents and -if it really exists- newfound maturity and composure both to the Pacers and the entire league before they decide what to do with him.

But if he comes back playing well and with some semblance of responsibility, and that results in a 'sweeter' offer, I think they'll jump on it.

I'd personally prefer they move him sooner (no surprise there) but I think its a perfectly rational decision if they put him and (most of) the rest of the team through an audition next fall. I still think they'll decide they ultimately want to move him as soon as they get any respectable offer, and that's the thing, they may not get a respectable offer until the audition is underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Okay Jay said that JO will evolve into a true leader.First positive thing I read from him about the Pacers in months. I will take it.
    As much as I've recently realized just how much I needed this season to just come to a merciful conclusion, I can't imagine how relieved these guys really are now that its over.

Also, if Bird didn't think he could evolve into that type of leader, he wouldn't have called him out on it. It seems to me that when Larry speaks publicly about JO, JO takes it to heart. I think JO will come back with the right mental approach to lead this team.

You'll note I also said Jamaal Tinsley is the long-term answer at PG. I don't get mad at him for the same things many of the rest of you do... it just drives me nuts that - at only 32 mpg which is absurdly low for a starting PG IMO - he still breaks down all the time. How are they ever going to get him to 38-39 mpg in the regular season and 42-44 mpg in the playoffs?? He's the guy I want, but if I can't get enough minutes out of him then it drives me bonkers.