Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bonzi to the Pacers?

foretaz

Default Re: Bonzi to the Pacers?

I think Bonzi Wells would be a fabulous addition to the Pacers franchise. We have lost Reggie Miller and Bonzi's talent could help fill the huge hole that Reggie's departure has created. While it's true he has had more than just a few problems in his career, I'm sure he could put that all behind him if he was able to come back home.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

what's up with the colour change??? Don't want to hijack this thread into THIS topic AGAIN, but ehh...
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what's up with the colour change??? Don't want to hijack this thread into this topic AGAIN, but ehh...
    lol...i was making a point....dont worry...

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    I think Bonzi Wells would be a fabulous addition to the Pacers franchise. We have lost Reggie Miller and Bonzi's talent could help fill the huge hole that Reggie's departure has created. While it's true he has had more than just a few problems in his career, I'm sure he could put that all behind him if he was able to come back home.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Classic Foretaz,

You must be a rebel.

Not to be crass, but if my name was Gawen DeAngelo Wells, I would go by the name Bonzi too....

Also, mentioning Bonzi as a possible replacement for the hole left by Reggie....That'd be like using a little tube of Super Glue to try and fix the San Andreas fault line....

Flakcatcher, you shoulda kicked his *** when you had the opportunity. I wouldn't mess with him now! Sounds like his attitude toward his fellow man hasn't changed that much in the last 17 years...I'm usually an advocate of giving someone a second chance, but I think Wells is WAY past a "second" chance.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode
    Not to be crass, but if my name was Gawen DeAngelo Wells, I would go by the name Bonzi too....

Also, mentioning Bonzi as a possible replacement for the hole left by Reggie....That'd be like using a little tube of Super Glue to try and fix the San Andreas fault line....

Flakcatcher, you shoulda kicked his *** when you had the opportunity. I wouldn't mess with him now! Sounds like his attitude toward his fellow man hasn't changed that much in the last 17 years...I'm usually an advocate of giving someone a second chance, but I think Wells is WAY past a "second" chance.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

to show that im not an unreasonable person...hows this?
    Much better. The bold is what bothers me.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Harmonica

as i said before....there have been a few that have mentioned it-that they didnt like it....as i also said there are far more that have told me they rather like it and to not worry bout some on here that are far too uptight...

as far as politely...u may need a review in manners....some have been polite....i think i mentioned some had been a$$sholes when doing so....ill let u guess which category i put u in-not that it matters...

ur right it is an open forum...u should remember that...and people are fairly free to do as they would like....and ur right it is simple-what u think might be distracting, maddening, and disturbing the flow-others might not....

and last time i checked....ur personal feelings on the matter arent that important...u obviously get some sort of kick out of this as u have been the one that keeps beating it into the ground....a simple review of this thread should point that out to u-but u probably cant follow along as it doesnt flow very well...

oh the madness...whatever will we do...
    Of course this thread doesn't flow very well. Once again, a discussion of your posting style derailed it. Big surprise. But I didn't bring it up. I let it go some time ago. I merely commented on it when you bumped up the size after you eliminated the bold type. Anyway, I'm done with it.

I was actually a year older than him at the time (thirteen), but weighed only about a buck oh five. Plus, I didn't even know the dude. I just kept on walking. But at least I can say that an NBA player threatened to beat me up. Then again, that's probably not all that unique of a claim.

For the record, my brother played ball with Bonzi at Muncie Central, and maintains to this day that he was a straight-up punk. And as I've watched him throughout his career, he has again and again shown me that this is almost certainly the truth. Ron is unstable, overemotional, and when angry on the court, dangerous. But if I had to go to war with one or the other, I would unhesitatingly choose Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by flakcatcher
    I was actually a year older than him at the time (thirteen), but weighed only about a buck oh five. Plus, I didn't even know the dude. I just kept on walking. But at least I can say that an NBA player threatened to beat me up. Then again, that's probably not all that unique of a claim.

For the record, my brother played ball with Bonzi at Muncie Central, and maintains to this day that he was a straight-up punk. And as I've watched him throughout his career, he has again and again shown me that this is almost certainly the truth. Ron is unstable, overemotional, and when angry on the court, dangerous. But if I had to go to war with one or the other, I would unhesitatingly choose Ron.
    So we share a common bond. Scott Haskins threatened to beat my @ss up one night as well. I guess if you really considered him an NBA player that is. Oops, that may have been what got me in trouble that night......

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Banned

I'm officially adding this to my top 10 list of "dumb things I've read in my life".

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    I'm officially adding this to my top 10 list of "dumb things I've read in my life".
    ummm....i hope u read the whole thread and realize the joke...if not...oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by MunciePacerBabe
    I live in Muncie and I heard today (just rumored) that Bonzi is interested in the Pacers and vice versa. It supposedly was on some internet sports site, too. Has anyone heard this? What do you think? He wasn't on best terms with Memphis at the end of the year and probably will walk from the team. He would be close to home and his fabulous digs here. I will see what else I can find out, if anyone is interested. Any ideas?
    lol, lets trade ron for him

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    So we share a common bond. Scott Haskins threatened to beat my @ss up one night as well. I guess if you really considered him an NBA player that is. Oops, that may have been what got me in trouble that night......

I'd like to hear the rest of this story.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

what i said was there is a very personal reason for the purple and it wont change....
    Welcome Prince Rogers Nelson.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

contrary to popular belief the bold and purple having nothing to do with sticking out or added emphasis....the purple has a very personal reason behind it...and it wont change....and hell theres tons of colors available and frankly i never have understood why others dont use them....ive never been one for monotony....

to show that im not an unreasonable person...hows this?
    That's better. The bold is hard on the eyes. I don't agree with you on Ron, but I respect hearing other's opinions, so thanks for making it easier for me to read your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by flakcatcher

I was attending Ball State during Bonzi's junior year, I only went one semester, but my roomie knew him, and he said he was a prick. You know, if one guy says you're a prick, you may be, but you may not be, but when damn near everybody says you're a prick, well, you probably are.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    Back during Haskin's alleged time as an NBA player, I sent a bunch of cards in the mail to see if I could get some autographs. His was the only one I got back. I really want to hear the rest of that story Peck. Maybe you can tell it at the forum party.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Sorry. I had my bio test, and I came home. So I was getting ready for lab/browsing PD.

As for one of the above comments, if we make a anti Ron thread, lets go ahead and make a sticky Ron Artest *** kissing thread...................

Now that I am done being a sarcastic piece of ****, Ill address your post:

Show me where I said that. I NEVER said that. I know that for a fact......
    It wasnt my attention at all.

For the record, I was a ***** today. I have been in a ****ty mood, a 45 on a huge mid term will do that to you. Regardless, I just got tired of people defending RA at no costs. Just a personal thing, and like I said, I wasnt in the best of moods this morning (am I ever in a good modd?) but I digress

Oh, and I hate flame wars. I dont have enough time to keep checking in to the forums to keep them going, most of the time.......but again, I digress

-VA
    i really wasnt defending ron so much as was asking bout why people saw fit to try to bash him in a thread that had nothing to do with him....

the closest i came to defending him was saying that if all the reports are true that we know of that i personally think he is a better person than bonzi simply based on the fact that he doesnt do drugs....thats it....

im sorry u had a tough day....we all have them....and i mean that sincerely....i dont do for ron what i wouldnt do for u or pretty much any other human being....with maybe the exception of kstat and harmonica if im having a bad day-if i see someone being bashed PERSONALLY i will usually speak up if they are unable to reply themselves....

as far as the sassan comments this is what u said...i dont think the reference to sassan was meant to be complimentary-and i think thats what mourning was pointing out-though i wont pretend to speak for him...

I get tired of both, and sadly just as Sassan got old, every time I see your name it seems there is a Ron Artest debate going on......

well nevermind...you appear to not get it..........

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Damn, I missed that comment.

I was out of line, and I apologize

hey..np...like ive said before...i rarely take anything personally on here....and i certainly understand the concept of having a bad day....heres hoping tomorrow is a better one

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    First of all, I would rather just forefitted the pick, than draft Carmello Anthony. Not to mention I'd rather have Prince 100 times out of 100.

Secondly, while I would have liked Wade, if we had had him last season, we aren't struggling mid-season, and Joe D doesn't make the sheed deal happen. Hindsight is always 20-20.

Thirdly, Darko still might pan out. Nobody's given him a legit chance yet. He won't be Wade, but he could still be a very good player. The kid is winding up his 2nd season, and he's STILL only 19 years old.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that on the blown pick scale, there are PLENTY of franchises historically worse off than us....can't expect perfect foresight all the time....

Oh yeah, and screw Tom Owens, how about RICK ROBEY?

Sure, you'd rather have Prince right now as he fits in better to your current roster.

But come back to us in 5 years, when this current roster is no more, and Anthony is a superstar, and tell us who you'd rather have.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode
    Choosing individuality and then complaining when it gets noticed seems like asking for problems to me.
    Good observation, heywoode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204

I'd like to hear the rest of this story.
    Probably not my proudest moment as a human being but here goes....

This is either mid way or towards the end of his rookie season & Nick Van Excel was just blowing up for the Lakers. Earlier in the week he had hit a game winning shot from like 40' out & had a game of 20 some points & 10+ assist.

We had just been beaten to death by (I think the Spurs) all I remember was it was some west coast team & it was bad.

I was leaving the arena in my car when this new shiny BMW pulls up next to me & in it was Scot Haskins & his (I assume) wife.

Now remember we had just come off of a horrid loss & back then I used to take losses a lot worse than I do today. I mean I was miserable after a loss & could be for days so I thought everybody else should be miserable as well. Especially a player who had just gotten beaten so bad.

He pulls up blasting loverboy , I swear to God loverboy, everbody's working for the weekend.

Well needless to say my innervoice I spoke about in the Pollard thread came out again.

I said something along the lines of "I'm sure glad we didn't draft Nick Van Excel". Of course I may have said it sarcastically or at least he took it that way.

He jumps out of his car starts walking at me taking off his suit coat & telling me he is going to whip my @ss.

I'd love to tell you all that I jumped out of the car & did some great karate move & subdued him but the truth is at that time the light changed to green & I just drove away.

The really funny part about that is that he ran back to his car to (I assume) chase me down the road. The light changed color back to red & when he advanced through it he was pulled over by an I.P.D. officer.

I never knew if he got a ticket or anything but I was just glad that cop was there.

Yes, he would have kicked my @ss without a doubt & at the time it didn't seem funny. But looking back on it now I can laugh or cry I'm not sure which.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Originally Posted by foretaz] what i said was there is a very personal reason for the purple and it wont change....

Originally Posted by Bball] Welcome Prince Rogers Nelson.

No, no, no, he's Donnie Osmond!