Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bonzi to the Pacers?

foretaz

Default Re: Bonzi to the Pacers?

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foretaz,
    No offense, but every time Ron Artest comes up, you are right there. Are you his agent or something?
    hardly...but i guess thats better than just bringing him up when his name isnt even mentioned with only the intent of saying ill things about him....i guess i would rather be one who responds to such behavior than actually be the one that finds it necessary to just bring up a guy and say bad things about someone because of personal dislike for the guy-which i wont even go into the merits of such feelings and how i feel about them...

Gezze, I had childhood issues, and when I come home from a bad day (like getting a 45 on a biology test) and punch the wall, guess what, I am held accountable for my actions.
    the childhood issues i speak of do not consist of flunking a test in school...u know it...and i know it....and to compare the two...well....is ludicrous and u know it....shall we debate the effects of flunking a test versus being brought up in an abusive household?? surely u dont really want to go there...

and notice....no where did i ever say someone should not be held accountable for their actions, ever...and u know that too..

Oh, and beleive it not, a lot of guys in the NBA smoke weed. I know for a fact more then 3 of the Pacers that do.....
    oh...i totally believe that...its public knowledge the nba has a major marijuana problem....not that that is much different from society in general....that doesnt change my stance...just because lots of people do it...lots of nba players cheat on their wives-as due lots in society...doesnt mean i have to personallly approve...and even still...one is illegal and one isnt...

i personally have a major problem with anyone that uses illegal drugs, no matter what they might be....and lose a ton of respect for those that do....but as i said...i might be in the minority on that one....but, much like the color of my font, dont look for that to change...i have very personal reasons for both....and nothing can change those reasons or take them away...

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    i guess all i can say is wow....

not sure what makes these any of these guys bums...

but anyway....i know i certainly feel it is inappropriate and rather uninformed to characterize someone as a bum who has rather deepseated childhood issues that are not yet resolved and therefore has impulse reaction tendencies that are subpar....

let alone when that persons value system seems to be focused on family first...

to classify ron in the same group as bonzi...well...given their obviously different legal histories and most noteably their different attitudes....well...i would call that uninformed as well....but then i dont think those that have this obvious unfounded disdain for ron, or jo for that matter, really care what i think or anyone else thinks...its obviously based on bitterness and resentment first and foremost....with very little objectivity given where the facts are concerned....

Well, at least we know for sure that this guy isn't Sassan.

For lack of a better word, "bum" can mean, "Guy you don't want on your team at any costs", which is pretty close to what Jerry West said about Ron last summer, so that doesn't even include Ron's last couple of incidents.

Different attitudes? Bonzi's stuff gets lots of publicity, but are you actually advocating that Ron is less of a headache than Bonzi? "Very little objectivity where the facts are concerned..." Okay, lets look at some facts about Ron, since the facts about Bonzi have already been posted above.

• The guy who chucked a piece of weighlifting equipment across the training room in an argument with Floyd or Krause (don't remember which one off the top of my head);
    • the guy who, while pouting, was well-known to fake injuries to finger as a member of the Bulls (although The Star has admitted to covering-up for Ron in the past, so at best its inconclusive evidence since the trade);
    • the guy famous for tirades that intimidate his teammates, such as tearing his picture off the walls (plural), throwing stuff at them, shoving Mel Daniels when he was trying to help him, etc.;
    • the guy benched for "conduct detrimental to winning";
    • the guy who had to be forced onto the team plane in Miami during the playoffs;
    • the guy who skipped shootaround the day before and the team flight on the day of the biggest game of his life - Game #6 of the 2004 ECFs, allegedgly with a migraine (but later confirmed to be "issues at home");
    • the guy who Rick was screaming at to give the ball to JO during the fourth quarter of the same game, but instead tried to dunk on four Pistons then jacked up a 30-foot three pointer with sixteen seconds still on the shotclock, then complained immediately after the game that he wasn't the #1 option and later in the summer told Slam Magazine that he was the team's MVP - he later contradicted himself and said that he and JO were "both the team's MVP";
    • the guy who got in a fight with JO in the lockerroom when tried to "retire" only five games into the season.
    I'm not even talking about the guy who couldn't keep his cool on the basketball court with all the flagrant fouls, cheap shots, tirades at opposing coaches and fans and vicious HDTV cameras.

You can say you've got hope that Ron has figured it out, and while I find that quite naive, its a fine opinion.

"...Uninformed to call him a bum..." No, if anything its uninformed for everyone to speculate on Ron's mental health. We've all heard rumors that he needs medications, but there have been other players in league history that have needed medications so I've got to believe that the teams believe he's 'sane' enough to enter into a guaranteed contract with. I'm not convinced he's "all there", but I try not to make assumptions about his mental health (and I consider his inability to handle pressure to be a common, human problem not limited to people with poor levels of mental health.)

But its funny, when I list a bunch of facts from Ron's history both before he joined the Pacers and after, its "obviously based on bitterness and resentment" on my part. Like its somehow my fault that Ron did all that crap and I won't let him off the hook as easily as some of the rest of you.

If anything, I'm not all that bitter at Ron. He's been everything I expected him to be for the Pacers: Ron has big-time talent that he wastes with extraordinary levels of disruption that prevent the rest of the team from reaching their potential. If anything, I'm bitter at DW and Bird for keeping him around this long.

Sure, Bonzi has more legal trouble.

Peck, to the best of my knowledge, Ron had one domestic assault charge from the threatening message he left on the answering machine for one of the mothers of his children. However, when the police were called to his house for a domestic disturbance, it was because of another mother of Ron's children, not Ron losing his temper.

By all accounts, people that know Ron say he's a great father, charitable to a fault, and a good guy that happens to be a loner. And that's great, but its how he handles himself (can't control himself) on the basketball court and in the lockerroom that matters to me, as a Pacers fan.

Everyone, veteran players are not tested for marijuana.

So just because the player hasn't been arrested should not be considered conclusive evidence that they are not 'using'. That's a real weakness in the league's current drug testing program, and there have been published estimates of just how many players in the league use marijuana and prefer it to alcohol because its an easier loophole in the drug testing environment for those guys.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    I've smoked marijuana, Bin Laden hasn't. Or put anyone's name there.

In your book, that makes them a better person.

Your logic is pure nonsense.
    u choose to compare ur doing pot with bin ladens killing thousands of innocent people.....and im the one whose logic is pure nonsense????

seriously....

ron artest is a basketball player

bonzi wells is a basketball player(well sorta)

we dont have tons of personal knowledge regarding them both....what we do know is this...and its purported in some cases...which is why i said if all is true...

bonzi has used illegal substances and been convicted of doing so....bonzi seems to show little or no remorse for his actions-he chooses to do such and shows every sign of continuing to do so...

ron hasnt used illegal drugs or been convicted of doing so....
    any mistakes hes made hes regretted and showed a willingness to try and better himself-and given his upbringing-working these issues thru is important...and we have seen signs that he has improved...

you have smoked pot...so of course u think nothing of it....and its not surprising that u wouldnt put much credence in it....

and thats why i dont put much credibility in people like urself....its a personal issue with me...i dont expect others to agree....and dont care either...

So there's my answer, Harmonica is "ur".

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...6&page=2&pp=25

I think that I lost a few brain cells reading this thread.

The last thing any team needs is a bench player who will never accept being a bench player and be a perpetual distraction because he feels underappreciated by being paid millions to be a 6th or 7th man.

Casting all off-court issues aside, Bonzi is nowhere nearly as good as he thinks he is, and that will always be a huge problem for his coaches and teammates.

So add a page full of "never, ever" for me.

foretaz

So basically you are going to go around and patrol what people do any say. You can keep doing that and defend RA, Ill just keep you on ignore form here on out.

I will gladly go there, but you will just reiterate the same crap. You notice people who grow up in "abusive household" dont have issues untill they fail or get frustrated. I would say my example was pretty frustrating (yes, I know it is/was)
    hmmm...interesting that u would say i defend ra....because i dont really feel that way...but if u choose to view it as such...fine...i do however respond from time to time when someone provides an unsolicited attack on someone that cant defend themself...call me a good samaritan if it makes u feel better..

this thread was about the possibility of bonzi coming here...and someone somehow found it important to bash ron and compare the two....forgive me if i fail to see how someone personally feels about ron artest has anything to do with bonzi wells coming to the pacers...i havent seen anyone else mention their personal feelings about how they feel about any of the other 14 players and how that might make them feel about bonzi becoming a pacer...

yea...so as long as others look for any opportunity to spew their personal venom towards any of the pacers i might respond....if someone wants to debate a players performance im all for that....bashing a player because of personal disdain for that player is ridiculous in my mind...but despite that, ill probably respond from time to time...

maybe if u spent a little less time worrying about people 'defending' and a little more time with those 'attacking' ....well nevermind...you appear to not get it

the ignore is a feature of this board just like color of font is....everyone is free to use them as they would like...i would encourage u and everyone to do so as they see fit or however they might be inclined...

Harmonica

u choose to compare ur doing pot with bin ladens killing thousands of innocent people.....and im the one whose logic is pure nonsense????

seriously....

ron artest is a basketball player

bonzi wells is a basketball player(well sorta)

we dont have tons of personal knowledge regarding them both....what we do know is this...and its purported in some cases...which is why i said if all is true...

bonzi has used illegal substances and been convicted of doing so....bonzi seems to show little or no remorse for his actions-he chooses to do such and shows every sign of continuing to do so...

ron hasnt used illegal drugs or been convicted of doing so....
    any mistakes hes made hes regretted and showed a willingness to try and better himself-and given his upbringing-working these issues thru is important...and we have seen signs that he has improved...

you have smoked pot...so of course u think nothing of it....and its not surprising that u wouldnt put much credence in it....

and thats why i dont put much credibility in people like urself....its a personal issue with me...i dont expect others to agree....and dont care either...
    Well, you'll notice I said, insert anyone's name there. Put yours there for all I care. Your logic is still nonsense. And no I don't put much credence in it because those who know me know what kind of a person I am, and it's certainly not based on whether I've smoked pot or not. And I can assure you, my little purple-letter loving friend, whether you put much credibility in people like me is simply comical.

-snip-
    this thread was about the possibility of bonzi coming here...and someone somehow found it important to bash ron and compare the two....forgive me if i fail to see how someone personally feels about ron artest has anything to do with bonzi wells coming to the pacers...

Wow, that's simplistic.

Bonzi joins the Pacers under one of two scenarios:

1) We trade Ron to get him; or
    2) We trade somebody other than Ron to get him, and Ron and Bonzi become teammates.

So the possibility of Bonzi coming here *MUST* be analyzed under each of those two scenarios. You can't just look at Bonzi in a vacuum. This isn't a fantasy basketball league, these are real people and chemistry is a real criteria in making decisions, not just stats or on-court talent.

Under the first, you're just trading a very talented disruption for a less-talented law-breaker. We don't know if Bonzi is "as disruptive" as Ron is, behind the scenes, but many think he won't accept his role as a sixth- or seventh- man, since he hasn't really accepted it in Memphis either.

Under the second,

Either way, this is not only an appropriate discussion, its the most logical way to have a discussion on the subject.

foretaz

I get tired of both, and sadly just as Sassan got old, every time I see your name it seems there is a Ron Artest debate going on......

well nevermind...you appear to not get it..........
    well...maybe u should take a closer look seriously do...peruse the threads...and not that it matters....because i dont want to get into a 'he started it' type conversation....but this is a message board where we type thoughts and then others respond, no? i will tell u....i in no way ever defend rons inappropriate actions....

however, im not sure how rons inappropriate actions entitle people on this message board to take an equally inappropriate action and bad mouth a person....one of the boards supposed prerequisites is respect....i would assume that holds true for the posters as well as the team that we so devotedly follow....

i find the disrespecting of certain players on this team to be a bit hypocritical....criticize and call out a players performances all u would like....call me a bum, or any of the players a bum....or liken me or any player to something grossly negative....well...to me that shows a tremendous lack of respect....

if ever ive been disrespectful...ill apologize...

based on some of the attitudes ive seen from some on here, not only would they not do that-they would revel in the fact that they didnt...

and thats sad...

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    [/color]

Wow, that's simplistic.

Bonzi joins the Pacers under one of two scenarios:

1) We trade Ron to get him; or
    2) We trade somebody other than Ron to get him, and Ron and Bonzi become teammates.

So the possibility of Bonzi coming here *MUST* be analyzed under each of those two scenarios. You can't just look at Bonzi in a vacuum. This isn't a fantasy basketball league, these are real people and chemistry is a real criteria in making decisions, not just stats or on-court talent.

Under the first, you're just trading a very talented disruption for a less-talented law-breaker. We don't know if Bonzi is "as disruptive" as Ron is, behind the scenes, but many think he won't accept his role as a sixth- or seventh- man, since he hasn't really accepted it in Memphis either.

Under the second,

Either way, this is not only an appropriate discussion, its the most logical way to have a discussion on the subject.
    yes...true...except for two things....

he could be traded for 14 other players...none of whom have been mentioned...

and if bonzi joins the team he will have 13 other teammates besides ron....i havent seen anything on that matter either....

so really...whos being simplistic?

and then the real truth....review the post that interjected ron into this thread....and tell me u really think that either of those 2 reasons had anything to do with rons insertion into this thread...

Bonzi is a documented jerk with a racist attitude, is about 2/3 the player Ron is at best, and causes disruptions on the court, on the sidelines, and in the locker room with players, refs, fans, and coaches.

Ron is a documented good person with a decent attitude, is a very talented player on both ends of the floor, but also causes disruptions on the court, on the sidelines, and in the locker room with players, refs, fans, and coaches. The difference being he doesn't think, whereas Bonzi is a mean-spirited prick.

Ron's considerably higher on the totem pole than Bonzi in my eyes.

Edit- Just because I didn't cover the 100s of possible angles, doesn't mean I think this is all there is to both people. It's a simplification and it's meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    I have no real interest in Bonzi at this point either, but for the love of God let's not act like he is a worse person than Ron.
    Good grief. You're painting with an awfully big brush there, bro.

Bonzi Wells and Ron Artest are two totally different guys and if you have to have the differences spelled out, you won't get it anyway.

foretaz

[/color]

Well, at least we know for sure that this guy isn't Sassan.

For lack of a better word, "bum" can mean, "Guy you don't want on your team at any costs", which is pretty close to what Jerry West said about Ron last summer, so that doesn't even include Ron's last couple of incidents.

Different attitudes? Bonzi's stuff gets lots of publicity, but are you actually advocating that Ron is less of a headache than Bonzi? "Very little objectivity where the facts are concerned..." Okay, lets look at some facts about Ron, since the facts about Bonzi have already been posted above.

• The guy who chucked a piece of weighlifting equipment across the training room in an argument with Floyd or Krause (don't remember which one off the top of my head);
    • the guy who, while pouting, was well-known to fake injuries to finger as a member of the Bulls (although The Star has admitted to covering-up for Ron in the past, so at best its inconclusive evidence since the trade);
    • the guy famous for tirades that intimidate his teammates, such as tearing his picture off the walls (plural), throwing stuff at them, shoving Mel Daniels when he was trying to help him, etc.;
    • the guy benched for "conduct detrimental to winning";
    • the guy who had to be forced onto the team plane in Miami during the playoffs;
    • the guy who skipped shootaround the day before and the team flight on the day of the biggest game of his life - Game #6 of the 2004 ECFs, allegedgly with a migraine (but later confirmed to be "issues at home");
    • the guy who Rick was screaming at to give the ball to JO during the fourth quarter of the same game, but instead tried to dunk on four Pistons then jacked up a 30-foot three pointer with sixteen seconds still on the shotclock, then complained immediately after the game that he wasn't the #1 option and later in the summer told Slam Magazine that he was the team's MVP - he later contradicted himself and said that he and JO were "both the team's MVP";
    • the guy who got in a fight with JO in the lockerroom when tried to "retire" only five games into the season.
    I'm not even talking about the guy who couldn't keep his cool on the basketball court with all the flagrant fouls, cheap shots, tirades at opposing coaches and fans and vicious HDTV cameras.

You can say you've got hope that Ron has figured it out, and while I find that quite naive, its a fine opinion.

"...Uninformed to call him a bum..." No, if anything its uninformed for everyone to speculate on Ron's mental health. We've all heard rumors that he needs medications, but there have been other players in league history that have needed medications so I've got to believe that the teams believe he's 'sane' enough to enter into a guaranteed contract with. I'm not convinced he's "all there", but I try not to make assumptions about his mental health (and I consider his inability to handle pressure to be a common, human problem not limited to people with poor levels of mental health.)

But its funny, when I list a bunch of facts from Ron's history both before he joined the Pacers and after, its "obviously based on bitterness and resentment" on my part. Like its somehow my fault that Ron did all that crap and I won't let him off the hook as easily as some of the rest of you.

If anything, I'm not all that bitter at Ron. He's been everything I expected him to be for the Pacers: Ron has big-time talent that he wastes with extraordinary levels of disruption that prevent the rest of the team from reaching their potential. If anything, I'm bitter at DW and Bird for keeping him around this long.

Sure, Bonzi has more legal trouble.

Peck, to the best of my knowledge, Ron had one domestic assault charge from the threatening message he left on the answering machine for one of the mothers of his children. However, when the police were called to his house for a domestic disturbance, it was because of another mother of Ron's children, not Ron losing his temper.

By all accounts, people that know Ron say he's a great father, charitable to a fault, and a good guy that happens to be a loner. And that's great, but its how he handles himself (can't control himself) on the basketball court and in the lockerroom that matters to me, as a Pacers fan.

Everyone, veteran players are not tested for marijuana.

So just because the player hasn't been arrested should not be considered conclusive evidence that they are not 'using'. That's a real weakness in the league's current drug testing program, and there have been published estimates of just how many players in the league use marijuana and prefer it to alcohol because its an easier loophole in the drug testing environment for those guys.
    this is a very informative post...and obviously well thought out....i even wonder if u dont have it saved somewhere and pull it out for quick use....at least excerpts of it...

nevertheless...i respect u for posting this...

however, please dont put words in my mouth...i never said anything about advocating ron as a lesser disruption...that was never even a conversation...if u would like we could start a thread on that....i also would encourage u to look for where im defending any of rons actions that u make not of....im not....

i would expect that anyone who doesnt like a player has very valid reasons for not liking that player....what i dont understand is why people look for any reason, valid or not, to just interject that disdain for the said player-even if its really irrelevant to what is being discussed....

and this post is exactly , in one form, what im disappointed in....why does it belong in a thread discussing bonzi coming to the pacers....

if there is a thread discussing ron...then great...i just find it so disappointing people will continue to seek out any opportunity to bash ron...or jo...or whatever...

maybe hicks should think about stickying a couple of threads....the official bash ron thread, and maybe another for jo as well...as these two appear to be the favorite whipping boys...then all of this content is relevant....instead of the constant hijacking of threads that seems to take place...

in fact...maybe ill go start a 'what i think about ron artest' thread right now....i think if i did...it might be enlightening for some of u to at least have an idea of what i think and why i think it...because in the end thats all that matters....

for the record jay....believe it or not...not that u care...but u gained some respect from me and what i think about u with this post....

to me its always not as much as what a person does....as to why they do the things they do....whether its another poster, ron artest, jermaine oneal, any pacer, or bonzi wells, or whoever...

one other thing...i dont agree with u about calling someone a bum...anytime u call someone a name-i think u almost immediately lose credibility...its shuts people off-doesnt encourage them to take what u have to say with much merit

yes...true...except for two things....

he could be traded for 14 other players...none of whom have been mentioned...

and if bonzi joins the team he will have 13 other teammates besides ron....i havent seen anything on that matter either....

so really...whos being simplistic?

and then the real truth....review the post that interjected ron into this thread....and tell me u really think that either of those 2 reasons had anything to do with rons insertion into this thread...

You're right, he could be traded for any of the 14 other players. That's exactly what Scenario #2 said. I don't care which players you pick, my analysis is still the same:

But I don't remember the post where Ron was interjected into this thread; I'll try to re-read for that later...

Keep in mind, when the Ron for Bonzi rumors went around last summer, we spent a lot of time on them. So for a bunch of us, we just cut right past the introductory thoughts (been there, done that) and get right to the heart of the matter.

foretaz

You're right, he could be traded for any of the 14 other players. That's exactly what Scenario #2 said. I don't care which players you pick, my analysis is still the same:

But I don't remember the post where Ron was interjected into this thread; I'll try to re-read for that later...

Keep in mind, when the Ron for Bonzi rumors went around last summer, we spent a lot of time on them. So for a bunch of us, we just cut right past the introductory thoughts (been there, done that) and get right to the heart of the matter.
    read the first 16 posts of this thread....then i think u will find that the thread takes a somewhat dramatic turn on the 17th post...and understandably so...

i apologize if some of this is redundant for u...i really do...i realize i wasnt around here last year...

even still...no matter how long some things go on....there are some things that i will always deem inappropriate...no matter how redundant...

theres something ill probably never understand....and thats a persons disdain/hate for a basketball player that they only know from a distance...even more so expressing that emotion in a forum that is supposedly a fansite for whom that player plays for....

if i hate rasheed wallace(which im not sure how i could-i dont know him personally-i dont particularly care for him as a basketball player-though i have a great deal of respect for his ability) what good is served from my going and expressing that hate or disdain on a pistons site????

i dont care much for austin croshere....but i dont look for every opportunity to express that...what purpose does it really serve...

i really just dont get it....venting-a little....this constant trashing of another human being on a message board...i dont....this is a pacers fan website i believe....how would one expect someone to respond to someone really ripping and showing such disdain for a pacer??

No matter how much I love the player Ron Artest, like the human Ron Artest and dislike the antics that took place and might take place again, IF Wells joins the Pacers I will propose to rename this board to "the looney bin"

I will also be buying shares in Indianapolis funeral parlours and hardware stores, sure the increase in rope sales alone would do me the world of good.

Ron and Bonzi with Jacko on ONE team??

what's next ? cages ?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

-snip- however, please dont put words in my mouth...i never said anything about advocating ron as a lesser disruption...that was never even a conversation...if u would like we could start a thread on that....i also would encourage u to look for where im defending any of rons actions that u make not of....im not....

-snip- to classify ron in the same group as bonzi...well...given their obviously different legal histories and most noteably their different attitudes....well...i would call that uninformed as well....but then i dont think those that have this obvious unfounded disdain for ron, or jo for that matter, really care what i think or anyone else thinks...its obviously based on bitterness and resentment first and foremost....with very little objectivity given where the facts are concerned....
    Okay, as it turns out, you weren't defending Ron. I read your "to classify Ron in the same group as Bonzi" as the prologue to telling us why Bonzi is worse than Ron.

I'm not trying to be an *** but as we've said before, the bold and purple are not easy to read. And I actually think its the bold and not the purple that makes it hard to read. Bold is for emphasis, but when the entire post is in bold it loses its desired impact. Anyway, I guess I was guilty of skimming through what you wrote. I guess if I'm going to spend much time responding to your posts in the future I'll need to print them in black-and-white so I can spend enough time to comprehend what you are writing and where you are going. I'm sorry if you thought I was putting words in your mouth.

+++++++++++++++++

Actually, it would make my life a lot easier if I had some ready-written posts about Ron. Unfortunately, every time I type one of those from scratch, I just get a little more bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by able
    No matter how much I love the player Ron Artest, like the human Ron Artest and dislike the antics that took place and might take place again, IF Wells joins the Pacers I will propose to rename this board to "the looney bin"

I will also be buying shares in Indianapolis funeral parlours and hardware stores, sure the increase in rope sales alone would do me the world of good.

what's next ? cages ?

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by able

what's next ? cages ?
    Ding-ding-ding!

We have a winner!
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

foretaz

Okay, as it turns out, you weren't defending Ron. I read your "to classify Ron in the same group as Bonzi" as the prologue to telling us why Bonzi is worse than Ron.

I'm not trying to be an *** but as we've said before, the bold and purple are not easy to read. And I actually think its the bold and not the purple that makes it hard to read. Bold is for emphasis, but when the entire post is in bold it loses its desired impact. Anyway, I guess I was guilty of skimming through what you wrote. I guess if I'm going to spend much time responding to your posts in the future I'll need to print them in black-and-white so I can spend enough time to comprehend what you are writing and where you are going. I'm sorry if you thought I was putting words in your mouth.

+++++++++++++++++

Actually, it would make my life a lot easier if I had some ready-written posts about Ron. Unfortunately, every time I type one of those from scratch, I just get a little more bitter.

contrary to popular belief the bold and purple having nothing to do with sticking out or added emphasis....the purple has a very personal reason behind it...and it wont change....and hell theres tons of colors available and frankly i never have understood why others dont use them....ive never been one for monotony....

to show that im not an unreasonable person...hows this?

[QUOTE=Anthem]

Who pissed in your cornflakes today?

I believe it was Ron Artest who pissed in his cornflakes.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

-snip- read the first 16 posts of this thread....then i think u will find that the thread takes a somewhat dramatic turn on the 17th post...and understandably so...

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    I have never been able to figure out how it is that the first people to rush to make certain that Ron Artest is aquited of a felony are also always the first in line to spit on Bonzi Wells.

I have no real interest in Bonzi at this point either, but for the love of God let's not act like he is a worse person than Ron.
    I guess I don't see the problem. Peck is pointing out that there have been some hypocritical comments from some of the Ron-supporters about just how awful of a person Bonzi is. This was neither a "Ron-bash", or a "Bonzi-bash", but rather it was a "hypocritical fellow PD poster" bash.

I think you've read more into this than it really is, just as I read more into your comments earlier than there really was...

I didn't mean to sound like the redundancy was a problem for me/ us, just that we aren't going to spend a lot of time repeating ourselves because I/ we fall into a trap of assuming that its the same audience, when in fact there are lots of new people here that didn't read those threads last summer.

[QUOTE=TruWarier]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem

Who pissed in your cornflakes today?

I believe it was Ron Artest who pissed in his cornflakes.
    And he ran into the stands to do it! Wow!
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

foretaz, the non bold one is a heck of an improvement
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

contrary to popular belief the bold and purple having nothing to do with sticking out or added emphasis....the purple has a very personal reason behind it...and it wont change....and hell theres tons of colors available and frankly i never have understood why others dont use them....ive never been one for monotony....

to show that im not an unreasonable person...hows this?
    Actually, it helps. Thank you.

The thing that bothers me the most is the constant elipses for punctuation. It gives me noplace to pause and assimilate your thoughts before a paragraph break - which breaks seem rather arbitrary at times.
    BillS