Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bonzi to the Pacers?

Default Re: Bonzi to the Pacers?

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But from my way of thinking Bonzi is just no worse than Ron is. Bonzi has never cost his team an entire season before so...... & yes before anybody ask me that will now & forever be my answer to most Ron Artest vs. another player comparison.
    Bonzi's spit at opposing players, publicly mocked his own fans, called white players "cracker," attempted to physically harm his own teammates for fun, and more.

Yet because he wasn't punished for these activities, Ron's at best a wash.

By that logic, no player in the NBA is worse than Ron. Is that about right?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

PCC87

I in no way want to ever see Bonzi in a Blue and Gold jersey.He is one of those players that thinks they are the best player on the team which infact they are in no way the bet player.He would be nothing but bad news for the Pacers.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I wouldn't mind Bonzi at all as long as we didnt have to give up anybody good. At most Pollard and 17th

We dont need another headcase!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Bonzi's spit at opposing players, publicly mocked his own fans, called white players "cracker," attempted to physically harm his own teammates for fun, and more.

Yet because he wasn't punished for these activities, Ron's at best a wash.

By that logic, no player in the NBA is worse than Ron. Is that about right?
    Ron has punched Andre Kirlinko in the back of the head because he beat him on a play, publicly attacked one fan in Detroit (the wrong fan) & has attempted to go after fans in Boston & in Indianapolis, called our offensive scheme from our coach stupid & broke the ribs of arguably the greatest player to ever live because he was beating him and more.

Again, I don't see where Ron is a better person.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but does Bonzi have a domestic assult arrest? I don't remember, but I know Ron has one. I also know he has been investigated on more than one occasion as well. Remember if he can get mad at a basketball game he can get mad at other things as well.

As to your last question? Hmmmm...... yea, that's about right. Off the top of my head I can't think of a player in the NBA worse than Ron Artest. However Allen Iverson does come very close. Well, now that I think about it Allen is worse cause I just can't stand the guy.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Kobe Bryant dismantled a title contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    Kobe Bryant dismantled a title contender.
    Good point.

But I guess he did get his titles first.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The only way I could really see it is if the team traded Jackson + Freddie or something for Ray Allen or Michael Redd, then trading Pollard to Memphis for Bonzi or just signing him.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Good point.

But I guess he did get his titles first.
    Or was around when Shaq got his...

Ron has punched Andre Kirlinko in the back of the head because he beat him on a play,
    Which he was wrong to do. I agree.

publicly attacked one fan in Detroit (the wrong fan) & has attempted to go after fans in Boston & in Indianapolis,
    The fan in detroit made a throwing motion and he knew the cup came from there... he was a seat off. Not that he should have gone into the stands, but still. The Boston fans hit him with coins, if I remember correctly. And the Indiana fans are of course always blameless.

called our offensive scheme from our coach stupid
    No, he called it "boring." But it was, in fact, both stupid AND boring, which you've pointed out yourself.

broke the ribs of arguably the greatest player to ever live
    A move which Jordan APPLAUDED.

And I don't even want to defend Ron here, but you keep pushing me into it. Who pissed in your cornflakes today? As for the rest of your post (heck, even the part I responded to) I'm pretty sure you don't actually believe it and you're overstating your case just to bait me. I *HATE* the fact that EVERY.FRICKING.THREAD has to be about Ron Artest.

You're fighting me on this just because you're in a mood to fight. Nobody else in the world contests the idea that Bonzi's a jerk, and nobody that's ever met Ron has said anything other than he's a nice guy. Maybe crazy, maybe can't handle the pressure of the NBA game, but a nice guy.

Here's some more I'd forgotten:
    11/00
    Wells was suspended one game without pay and fined $10,000 for intentionally striking and verbally abusing an official during Tuesday's 105-93 home loss to the Seattle SuperSonics.
    9/01
    Trail Blazers Bonzi Wells and Eric Barkley are facing criminal trespass charges after they allegedly refused to leave the scene of a fight near a downtown nightclub... Wells and Barkley shouted profanities at officers who asked them to leave, Schmautz said. Wells, Barkley and two others were cited for criminal trespass, a misdemeanor that is punishable by a fine or community service.
    11/03
    Trail Blazers guard Bonzi Wells was suspended for two games without pay by the team Tuesday for cursing his coach after being taken out of a game... Wells was suspended by the NBA for a game last November after spitting on San Antonio forward Danny Ferry during a game. The next month, he drew a two-game league suspension for his role in a postgame brawl with the Golden State Warriors. Last March, Wells was suspended for one game by Cheeks for “conduct considered detrimental to the team.”
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I aggree Anthem. Peck, you are not going to be like this the whole coming season when someone says something or when Artest takes a bad shot in a game (provided Artest stays here and doesn't get traded), I hope?

I don't want Bonzi anywhere NEAR our team btw. We have enough emotionally unstable players as it is and ye,s that includes Artest aswell.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Even if we were shuck of Ron Artest I wouldn't want Bonzi Wells here. I would accept Rasheed before even considering Wells....that's how much I DON't want Bonzi here.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Even if we were shuck of Ron Artest I wouldn't want Bonzi Wells here. I would accept Rasheed before even considering Wells....that's how much I DON't want Bonzi here.
    so u would prefer the master to the padawan is what ur saying? makes sense to me...

though in this case it might be more like taking the sith lord over his apprentice....so in that case im not really sure....

know this....and im not one whos big on blaming other for how someone turns out....but bonzi is the way he is basically because of sheed....

bonzi was nothing like he is now when he left ball state....but after a couple of years directly under sheed's tutellage he has developed into something very very similar to that of his mentor...

both possess tremendous skills....and thats why these types of conversations even take place....a few years ago i might have been lured into wanting bonzi....but im pretty much convinced that u cant teach an old dog new tricks at this point....

bonzi seems to enjoy the way he is and have zero interest in changing it....that in itself is one of the biggest differences between he and artest-for those that brought that line of thinking up in this thread...

Peck said.....We have reports about both & yes reports tend to agree with you but unless we know them I guess how can we make that judgement?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

Since when has that stopped people on this and previous forums the past
    10 years from judging a player or GM or coach. I am always amazed at some of the conclusions people draw from limited info.

owl

foretaz

I have no real interest in Bonzi at this point either, but for the love of God let's not act like he is a worse person than Ron.
    if reports are true...and its difficult for any of us to really know for sure....but if they are...its as follows...

bonzi uses illegal substances-drugs-marijuana...whatever

ron does not...

realize i say these are reports that seem valid....if they are...and i do mean if....

then,
    in my book that does make ron a better person...unquestionably....i might be in the minority...but thats how i personally feel on the matter....

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why are we arguing over which player is the bigger bum?

There's a line in the sand:

(Good players for the Pacers)

Its about here. ______________________________________________

(keep going)

(a little further)

Ron and Bonzi are both way down here somewhere. So who really cares if its
    998) Iverson
    999) Ron
    1,000) Bonzi

or
    998) Iverson
    999) Bonzi
    1,000) Ron on the list?

(Note, Iverson is included for Peck's benefit, I don't really want him but I wouldn't rank him that low, personally.)
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I notice you put Ron last both times

Bonzi is just a bad person. He may have been ok in BS, Peck, but once he went to Portland, stuff just goes wrong. And he became a jerk as mentioned. The guy is just low-class personality-wise. Yeah, Ron has done some stupid things, but he isn't a bad person. I'll take 10 Ronnies before I take Bonzi.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    I notice you put Ron last both times
    No I didn't. And I didn't edit it either.

Well, I'll go edit it now, and put them in a list; I agree its hard to read those in paragraph form.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Why are we arguing over which player is the bigger bum?

There's a line in the sand:
    (Good players for the Pacers)

Its about here. ______________________________________________
    (keep going)
    (a little further)
    Ron and Bonzi are both way down here somewhere. So who really cares if its 998) Iverson 999) Ron 1,000) Bonzi or 998) Iverson 999) Bonzi 1,000) Ron on the list?

(Note, Iverson is included for Peck's benefit, I don't really want him but I wouldn't rank him that low, personally.)
    i guess all i can say is wow....

not sure what makes these any of these guys bums...

but anyway....i know i certainly feel it is inappropriate and rather uninformed to characterize someone as a bum who has rather deepseated childhood issues that are not yet resolved and therefore has impulse reaction tendencies that are subpar....

let alone when that persons value system seems to be focused on family first...

to classify ron in the same group as bonzi...well...given their obviously different legal histories and most noteably their different attitudes....well...i would call that uninformed as well....but then i dont think those that have this obvious unfounded disdain for ron, or jo for that matter, really care what i think or anyone else thinks...its obviously based on bitterness and resentment first and foremost....with very little objectivity given where the facts are concerned....

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl
    Peck said.....We have reports about both & yes reports tend to agree with you but unless we know them I guess how can we make that judgement?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

Since when has that stopped people on this and previous forums the past
    10 years from judging a player or GM or coach. I am always amazed at some of the conclusions people draw from limited info.

owl

But the teams ask us to rely on that limited info when we are making the choice whether to buy a tix or not. And yes, character of my team does figure into that, I have kids that want to look up to our players. If they can't look up to them, then I can't encourage support of the team.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    if reports are true...and its difficult for any of us to really know for sure....but if they are...its as follows...

bonzi uses illegal substances-drugs-marijuana...whatever

ron does not...

realize i say these are reports that seem valid....if they are...and i do mean if....

then,
    in my book that does make ron a better person...unquestionably....i might be in the minority...but thats how i personally feel on the matter...
    Pure nonsense.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    Pure nonsense.

umm...which part is nonsense?

the part that bonzi has/does use illegal substances?

the part that ron doesnt?

the part that if these both are true that in my book it makes ron a better person?

or that u think its ok to use illegal substances? to which i stated i might be in the minority

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    umm...which part is nonsense?

the part that bonzi has/does use illegal substances?

the part that ron doesnt?

the part that if these both are true that in my book it makes ron a better person?

or that u think its ok to use illegal substances? to which i stated i might be in the minority
    I've smoked marijuana, Bin Laden hasn't. Or put anyone's name there.

In your book, that makes them a better person.

Your logic is pure nonsense.

Trading Artest for Bonzi is just goofy.

I'm all for dealing Artest but why trade one problem for another?

As for who's worse, it's irrelevant - both are problems and any team would be better served by not having either of them.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I have no real interest in Bonzi at this point either, but for the love of God let's not act like he is a worse person than Ron.
    I really don't have the slightest idea who is the worse person

But I do know Ron is a much better player than Bonzi, so yes I'm willing to put up with more for a great player.