Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bonzi to the Pacers?

Hybrid View

Default Bonzi to the Pacers?

I live in Muncie and I heard today (just rumored) that Bonzi is interested in the Pacers and vice versa. It supposedly was on some internet sports site, too. Has anyone heard this? What do you think? He wasn't on best terms with Memphis at the end of the year and probably will walk from the team. He would be close to home and his fabulous digs here. I will see what else I can find out, if anyone is interested. Any ideas?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bonzi to the Pacers?

If it involves trading Ron. No. Just like last year. But, if we could work out something else,
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Would I like him here? Not anymore; I haven't heard anything good about him the past few years.

I was kind of hoping he would sign with the Pistons, even though the prospect of him and Sheed on the same team scares me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was kind of hoping he would sign with the Pistons, even though the prospect of him and Sheed on the same team scares me.
    This should not scare you. Unless you are a bigtime Piston fan.

The prospect of Bozo and Assweed re-united -- especially in Detroit -- makes my loins tingle. Nothing would destroy the Pistons faster than to have these two idiots playing together again.

As for Bonzi "the cancer" Wells ever playing for the Pacers, I say Never Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever
    Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    As for Bonzi "the cancer" Wells ever playing for the Pacers, I say Never Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever.
    Ever Ever Ever Ever.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Ever Ever Ever Ever.
    Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    This should not scare you. Unless you are a bigtime Piston fan.

The prospect of Bozo and Assweed re-united -- especially in Detroit -- makes my loins tingle. Nothing would destroy the Pistons faster than to have these two idiots playing together again.

As for Bonzi "the cancer" Wells ever playing for the Pacers, I say Never Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever
    Ever.
    Well, I am a bigtime Piston fan, so there you go.

I just think Bonzi Wells the player would be a perfect fit off the Piston bench. Pistons need another scorer off the bench, especially at the wing position, and Bonzi can definitely score. He's also DESTROYED Detroit throughout his career.

However, the prospect of him and Sheed on the same team, especially without Larry Brown coaching them, will probably detract the Pistons interest in him. They'd be the 2nd most insane teammates in the NBA, behind Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson, of course.

Does this team hold some kind of strange attraction to unstable players or something?

IndyToad
    More evolved

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Funny thing about Bonzi: We drafted him #10 overall in 1998, traded him for a future 2nd round pick, and I haven't once missed him.....pretty much sums up how I feel about Bonzi.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Funny thing about Bonzi: We drafted him #10 overall in 1998, traded him for a future 2nd round pick, and I haven't once missed him.....pretty much sums up how I feel about Bonzi.
    How do you feel about Carmelo Anthony and Dwayne Wade? Different circumstances but oh, so familiar.

And yes, I remember Tom Owens.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac
    How do you feel about Carmelo Anthony and Dwayne Wade? Different circumstances but oh, so familiar.

And yes, I remember Tom Owens.

First of all, I would rather just forefitted the pick, than draft Carmello Anthony. Not to mention I'd rather have Prince 100 times out of 100.

Secondly, while I would have liked Wade, if we had had him last season, we aren't struggling mid-season, and Joe D doesn't make the sheed deal happen. Hindsight is always 20-20.

Thirdly, Darko still might pan out. Nobody's given him a legit chance yet. He won't be Wade, but he could still be a very good player. The kid is winding up his 2nd season, and he's STILL only 19 years old.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that on the blown pick scale, there are PLENTY of franchises historically worse off than us....can't expect perfect foresight all the time....

Oh yeah, and screw Tom Owens, how about RICK ROBEY?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Thirdly, Darko still might pan out. Nobody's given him a legit chance yet. He won't be Wade, but he could still be a very good player. The kid is winding up his 2nd season, and he's STILL only 19 years old.
    (Crickets)

Deja vu, anyone?

First of all, I would rather just forefitted the pick, than draft Carmello Anthony. Not to mention I'd rather have Prince 100 times out of 100.

Secondly, while I would have liked Wade, if we had had him last season, we aren't struggling mid-season, and Joe D doesn't make the sheed deal happen. Hindsight is always 20-20.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that on the blown pick scale, there are PLENTY of franchises historically worse off than us....can't expect perfect foresight all the time....

Oh yeah, and screw Tom Owens, how about RICK ROBEY?

Sure, you'd rather have Prince right now as he fits in better to your current roster.

But come back to us in 5 years, when this current roster is no more, and Anthony is a superstar, and tell us who you'd rather have.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not sure how I feel about Bonzi as a Pacer. For the right price, I don't see why not. Though he won't be a starter on this team.

I have zero interest in ever seeing Bonzi in a Pacers uniform

No Bonzi, thank you very much.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I have never been able to figure out how it is that the first people to rush to make certain that Ron Artest is aquited of a felony are also always the first in line to spit on Bonzi Wells.

I have no real interest in Bonzi at this point either, but for the love of God let's not act like he is a worse person than Ron.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    I have no real interest in Bonzi at this point either, but for the love of God let's not act like he is a worse person than Ron.
    From everything I've read about him, he IS a worse person than Ron.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

foretaz

if reports are true...and its difficult for any of us to really know for sure....but if they are...its as follows...

bonzi uses illegal substances-drugs-marijuana...whatever

ron does not...

realize i say these are reports that seem valid....if they are...and i do mean if....

then,
    in my book that does make ron a better person...unquestionably....i might be in the minority...but thats how i personally feel on the matter....

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    if reports are true...and its difficult for any of us to really know for sure....but if they are...its as follows...

bonzi uses illegal substances-drugs-marijuana...whatever

ron does not...

realize i say these are reports that seem valid....if they are...and i do mean if....

then,
    in my book that does make ron a better person...unquestionably....i might be in the minority...but thats how i personally feel on the matter...
    Pure nonsense.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    Pure nonsense.

umm...which part is nonsense?

the part that bonzi has/does use illegal substances?

the part that ron doesnt?

the part that if these both are true that in my book it makes ron a better person?

or that u think its ok to use illegal substances? to which i stated i might be in the minority

I really don't have the slightest idea who is the worse person

But I do know Ron is a much better player than Bonzi, so yes I'm willing to put up with more for a great player.

Good grief. You're painting with an awfully big brush there, bro.

Bonzi Wells and Ron Artest are two totally different guys and if you have to have the differences spelled out, you won't get it anyway.