Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trade proposal on a Kings board

Default Re: Trade proposal on a Kings board

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (Are they still mad at us about that whole "ha ha, now you've got Waymon Tisdale" thing??
    I wouldn't think so since he was able to keep the team entertained with his side career of playing jazz music. Oh *****, maybe Tisdale has been mentoring Ronnie.

Sports Logo

I would consider a Cuttino Mobley/Bibby/KThomas for SJax/Tinsley/Croshere trade and swap at 1st round picks....if the numbers magically worked....but I would guess they don't.

SJax > Mobley
    Tinsley < Bibby
    Croshere <<<<<<< KThomas

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    SJax > Mobley
    Tinsley < Bibby
    Croshere <<<<<<< KThomas
    With that in mind, why do you expect Sacramento to do this?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

First, my abject apologies for the long wait for new memberships to be approved.

We look forward to having your thoughts on the trade proposals.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    I would consider a Cuttino Mobley/Bibby/KThomas for SJax/Tinsley/Croshere trade and swap at 1st round picks....if the numbers magically worked....but I would guess they don't.

SJax > Mobley
    Tinsley < Bibby
    Croshere <<<<<<< KThomas
    bibby has a huge contract....might be hard to justify spending twice as much money on him as tinsley....plus i dont think bibby is touchable as far as sac is concerned....though with his contract id certainly listen if people called about him....

and thomas' contract sux to...i wouldnt want any part of it....

and mobley is one of the worst defenders in the league at his position....

im really not trying to dog this idea....really im not

give me bobby jackson from sac....maybe even songaila-depending on what kind of money he wants...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by VF21
    Shade - Drama? At least your drama didn't end with your franchise player being traded 22 hours before the trade deadline for Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson and Brian Skinner.

AND you don't have a good-looking prima donna who is apparently immune from criticism because, after all, he's such a pure shooter. He can put up crap numbers all year, play one decent game in the playoffs, and all of a sudden he's the future of the team again?

Webber may have had his problems but the dude was a warrior. He had heart and he always gave whatever he could, even if it wasn't much because of his knee. We virtually packed him off for one guy we traded away to make room for Peja, another guy with a contract that lasts LONGER than Webber's who doesn't have anywhere near the skills and the world's smallest center.

But I digress..

You may have had drama with Ron Artest, but you also had Reggie Miller for his entire career. I am very envious. The guy was a class act and watching him play (except against us) was all about watching someone who truly loved the game play it - and play it well.

PACERS GET:
    Scot Pollard
    Danny Ferry's contract

KINGS GET:
    Brad Miller

I win.

Quote Originally Posted by VF21
    First, my abject apologies for the long wait for new memberships to be approved.

We look forward to having your thoughts on the trade proposals.

Dang. By the sound of this post I thought the approvals were over with.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    With that in mind, why do you expect Sacramento to do this?
    I can see it as a slight upgrade to the SG spot ( as I hear the Kings are not entirely fond of Mobley )....and they figure out a way to move up the draft?

But you're right...its a good enough trade for the Pacers....but I can see your point about why the Kings would want to do this.

Ehhh...I was dreaming of figuring out a way to get Bibby without trading Artest.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Finally got approved for posting at kingsfans. Here was my reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Hey there - Pacers Fan and PacersDigest man here. First post, blah blah blah.

In an effort to get a little cross-team dialogue going, VF posted this trade scenario on the PacersDigest forum. (Took a while to get my account approved for posting, so I apologize for the delay.) I think my favorite quote of the many replies went something like this: "The Kings only get to rape us once." To which I can only add "after that, it will cost them."

Sometimes when you know a team inside and out, you see value in players that might not necessary have value elsewhere in the league. Example: Fred Jones. Pacers guys love him and think he's a major bargaining chip or untouchable for trades (depending on who you ask) Outside of Pacer land, nobody could really give two shakes about the guy.

I think something like that may be happening when you assess the Kings players in this trade scenario. You see value where perhaps there is not much value. Handing you a talented/bargain/nutcase for two guys who play the position of our franchise player (who has made multiple public statements about not wanting to move to center) doesn't make sense. At least from a Pacers fan's point of view.

For what it's worth, I think there are several fans that would love to hand you Artest, but only if it means that Brad will come home. Others would love to see Bibby in Pacers blue and gold.

Again, you can have Artest, but baby, you only get one all-star for free from us. After that, it will cost you.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I believe all the pending memberships have now been processed, so everyone should be able to add their comments.

Thanks to all of you. I think you'll find we have some pretty interesting posters over there - along with the assorted nuts.