Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade proposal on a Kings board

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Trade proposal on a Kings board

Please don't shoot me. I'm just the messenger... and I'm curious to see what you guys would think of the following trade idea posted on a Kings board. Remember, it's NOT my idea!

I would really like to see some article from Indiana speaking about Ron Artest. If they are saying things such as "next season with Ron Back" or "If we would have had Ron". If I don't see statments such as that, then i don't feel Artest is desired in Indiana any longer. that being said and Petrie and the whole Kings organization saying we need defense so bad. Shouldn't we be putting together some combos to get the Defensive Player of the Year. Not to mention he is by no means a liability on offense, he is an easy 15-20 guy in our lineup of Bibby, Peja, and Miller. So if Indiana is frustrated with Ron and don't want his services any longer then Petrie should be on the phone night and day becuase of the problem we have this guy is the best one out there at pluging that hole. Don't settle for less go for THE one.

Kenny Thomas and Corlis Williamson to Indiana

Ron Artest and Johnathan Bender to Sacramento

why the kings do it. Defense at the 2, toughness, no loss in offense

why the Pacers do it. get 2 quality SF/PF guys to fill voids so O'neal can play center if need be and they lack no offense, also to get rid of a guy that has brought alot of unwanted attention to the organization. and 3 to get rid of an undesired contract in Johnathan Bender.

Now sure we take a hit to cap with bender but we get better quality at the 2 and Kenny's 5 year undesired contract is gone.
    Comments? I know what I predicted most of you would say but I'm curious to see if I was right...

Thanks.

Default Re: Trade proposal on a Kings board

The hell out of here with that ****,I dont think even Jay would do that deal.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This should be entertaining....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by VF21
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please don't shoot me. I'm just the messenger... and I'm curious to see what you guys would think of the following trade idea posted on a Kings board. Remember, it's NOT my idea!

Comments? I know what I predicted most of you would say but I'm curious to see if I was right...

Thanks.

tellem the only way we do that deal is if they throw in ostertag and we will ship them oneal as well.....

seriously....naaa...nevermind...its not worth it.....

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    The hell out of here with that ****,I dont think Jay would do that deal.
    Oh, I'm sure, Soup would do the deal.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I would only do this deal if you agree to take Jermaine's contract thats the only way.

Ron,Jermaine,2 future first rounders for Williamson,Kenny Thomas and Eddie House

foretaz

actually if theyre looking for defense....jack and f. jones are good defenders....tell u what....ship us b. miller and peja and ur defensive troubles are fixed....that sounds about like deal the kid proposed so they shouldnt have too many problems with it....

and if pushed we might take bobby jackson instead of peja....but only as a last resort to get the deal done....

ImCrazyB

Just go back and delete the post.

Thats like us asking the kings to trade Peja and Miller for Pollard, Bender, and Croshere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    The hell out of here with that ****,I dont think even Jay would do that deal.

lmfao!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Aw, come on. Don't dismiss it so quickly. The poor guy who posted it is SERIOUS. I've argued until my fingers are sore...I finally told him I would post his suggestion here and see what Pacer fans had to say.

Personally, I'd give you Peja and whatever else it takes to get the job done but that's just me. I'm sick and tired of the "Pookie Princess" and his pouty little comments about mean ol' Webber, how the organization disrespected Vlade, etc. Peja will break your heart. He's broken ours every year...AND made the ridiculous comment about wanting to be traded to "any team" because Vlade chose to go to LA. You want Peja? I'll drive him to the airport... Unfortunately, he seems to be Petrie's golden boy and I'm stuck pretending his lack of effort doesn't bother me.

Oops. Hmmmm. Apparently there's still some residual anger left over after all the drama we went through this season.

You kiddin me right? Last year it was Artest for Peja...your tellin me Artest has fallen so much that we can get 2 okay sf's for him and Bender? Williamson is a bench player, same with Thomas. I would trade Bender for Williamson, but not Artest and Bender for both of them. No way.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

[Peck]

KINGS GET:
    Ron Artest
    Scot Pollard
    Jonathan Bender

PACERS GET:
    Brad Miller

[/Peck]

Btw, the Kings are only allowed to rape us once a decade, thank you very much.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey, I don't think Artest has fallen. This guy says "just say you own a team and you pay a guy 7 mill a year for 3 min a game and another that gets suspended every year. and someone offered to take that off your hands for Bjax Kenny and corliss"

In his little universe, apparently, you guys are righteously indignant about Ron Artest and willing to trade him for basically a bag of chips and a half-full jar of salsa...

I'm not saying Artest has fallen so much. He is. What I'm trying to find out is if ANY of you harbor so much anger towards Ron that you'll ship him out for chump change.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Btw, the Kings are only allowed to rape us once a decade, thank you very much.
    May I quote you back on my board?

Oops. Hmmmm. Apparently there's still some residual anger left over after all the drama we went through this season.

Drama? DRAMA?!?! Try being a Pacers fan!

May I quote you back on my board?
    Have at it.

foretaz

Aw, come on. Don't dismiss it so quickly. The poor guy who posted it is SERIOUS. I've argued until my fingers are sore...I finally told him I would post his suggestion here and see what Pacer fans had to say.

Personally, I'd give you Peja and whatever else it takes to get the job done but that's just me. I'm sick and tired of the "Pookie Princess" and his pouty little comments about mean ol' Webber, how the organization disrespected Vlade, etc. Peja will break your heart. He's broken ours every year...AND made the ridiculous comment about wanting to be traded to "any team" because Vlade chose to go to LA. You want Peja? I'll drive him to the airport... Unfortunately, he seems to be Petrie's golden boy and I'm stuck pretending his lack of effort doesn't bother me.

could we possibly interest him in our new secret defensive weapon? ....new and improved mr. shutdown defender himself.....the one...the only...

austin "the undersized condom" croshere

yes...its true...he sticks to u way tighter than the glove could ever have dreamt....

thanks to working with his favorite bud, ron artest, hes now the the latest, greatest in the world of defense....

and we will even send cash in the deal to cover his rogaine for the duration of his contract....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shade - Drama? At least your drama didn't end with your franchise player being traded 22 hours before the trade deadline for Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson and Brian Skinner.

AND you don't have a good-looking prima donna who is apparently immune from criticism because, after all, he's such a pure shooter. He can put up crap numbers all year, play one decent game in the playoffs, and all of a sudden he's the future of the team again?

Webber may have had his problems but the dude was a warrior. He had heart and he always gave whatever he could, even if it wasn't much because of his knee. We virtually packed him off for one guy we traded away to make room for Peja, another guy with a contract that lasts LONGER than Webber's who doesn't have anywhere near the skills and the world's smallest center.

But I digress..

You may have had drama with Ron Artest, but you also had Reggie Miller for his entire career. I am very envious. The guy was a class act and watching him play (except against us) was all about watching someone who truly loved the game play it - and play it well.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    could we possibly interest him in our new secret defensive weapon? ....new and improved mr. shutdown defender himself.....the one...the only...

austin "the undersized condom" croshere

yes...its true...he sticks to u way tighter than the glove could ever have dreamt....

thanks to working with his favorite bud, ron artest, hes now the the latest, greatest in the world of defense....

and we will even send cash in the deal to cover his rogaine for the duration of his contract....
    Um... errr ... well...

Boy, I'd love to oblige but ... oops. There's the phone. Gotta go!

I like Kenny Thomas, but, uh no.

BTW- I was checking out your Kings board the other day, you can find some FUNNY snipes at Peja over there. I don't remember them exactly, but the the ones about him only working out at home, and his family genetically not developing post-games until late in their career were hilarious.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    Oh, I'm sure, Soup is God.
    Thanks.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    I like Kenny Thomas, but, uh no.

BTW- I was checking out your Kings board the other day, you can find some FUNNY snipes at Peja over there. I don't remember them exactly, but the the ones about him only working out at home, and his family genetically not developing post-games until late in their career were hilarious.
    Pookie actually made the comment that he never watches game tapes at home, even during the playoffs. The exact statement, on tape and to the media, was: "I don't do basketball at home."

"I don't do basketball at home."
    Yes! That was it!

Now, I'm not Artest's biggest fan or anything, but I THANK GOD EVERYDAY that we didn't trade him for Peja. Ugh.

I thought Trade Proposer's sig over on the Kings board was interesting:

I can't wait for the day I can purchase a #91 Kings road jersey with the name ARTEST on the back.
    I wonder if he is like that Cavs fan, in that he would still want Ron on the team, even if Ron went into the stands and punched him in the face...

How about this deal Artest/Bender for the rights to Bobby Hurley, maybe we can resurrect his career tell'em we will throw in some driving lessons for him.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)