Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BI: Millenials are killing chains like Buffalo Wild Wings and Applebee's

Default Re: BI: Millenials are killing chains like Buffalo Wild Wings and Applebee's

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoa whoa downtown Indy is not losing it's luster at all. Circle Center is kind of a mess but the downtown as a whole is still on a major upward trend. A lot of surrounding neighborhoods are also being revitalized alongside it.
    Agreed with one caveat. It's not as safe in downtown Indy as it was perhaps 10-15 years ago.

As for Circle Center, I just walked through there to get lunch 10 minutes ago. It is dying a slow death.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: BI: Millenials are killing chains like Buffalo Wild Wings and Applebee's

Proud Millenial if it means Applebee's and Buffalo Wild Wings are going down because of us. I love sit-down experiences, but I prefer to spend decent money like that in a restaurant that offers better food and/or service and doesn't go to the super wealthy. Not even in the US anymore, but I gave up chains a long time ago.

I wonder if these places also lost business during the recession and that caused people to seek out other options, cheaper options, and stay at home. And so now the new normal is not going to Applebee's like maybe it was 10-15 years ago for many people.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if these places also lost business during the recession and that caused people to seek out other options, cheaper options, and stay at home. And so now the new normal is not going to Applebee's like maybe it was 10-15 years ago for many people.
    I think it's a combination of things. Competition has increased, especially in Indy. If I want to spend that kind of money, I would go somewhere else that might be more unique and usually better or a lot better. Also, Applebees and Ruby Tuesday have gotten old. The buildings, interior and exterior, are just older. The food seems to be more processed, probably from years of cost cutting as they have tried to improve margins. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's that their competition has fresher ideas as well. Other places like Olive Garden, Red Lobster and Long Horn might be a bit better. Still, if you want to go to someplace better there are more options all the time. I recently went to a fairly new mexican restaurant and had the very best mexican of my life. The Don Pablos need not apply. I like the atmosphere at a Don Pablos but the food isn't as good as that.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post: