Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Forum Party Reminder

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Forum Party Reminder

    Castleton Pizza King

    5:00, Saturday July 16


    Here's the details again............

    For several years now, members of the forum have been getting together a couple times a year to talk Pacers, over some pizza.

    Once during the summer, usually the Saturday following the college draft, then again a couple weeks into the new season in October or November we have a little casual meet & greet for everyone.

    We've come across a fairly nice loaction on the northeast side of Indianapolis, the Castleton area to be exact. There's a Pizza King a little east of the Mall that has served us well.

    This summers party will start a little earlier than those before. I have us down for a 5 o'clock tip off on July 16th.

    Like ya didn't see my sig already.

    For those new to the forum here are the basic things ya need to know.

    1. Everyone is invited. Doesn't matter if you post 30 times a day or if you only come here to read what others write. As long as you know about the forum, & the party, you are welcome.

    2. Timing means nothing. What I mean by this is...........

    You can come when you want, you can leave when you want. It's all up to you. You just want to stop by for 5 minutes, no problem.

    We'll be there from around 4, til 9 then we'll move things either to Hooters or Perkins.

    3. The Big Payback. We chip in for the grub. The pizza, soft drinks & tip for our fine waitresses run about 10 bucks each.

    The Pizza King does serve other items if pizza is not your thing or if you care for something a little stronger than Pepsi. I'll leave that ordering, & paying, up to you.

    If this is something you think you might like to do, just let me know in a post, in this thread.

    Those that have expressed interest in attending.........26

    ABA Days
    Big Mac
    Burnzone
    Diamond Dave
    Doug
    Fire the Coach
    gilpdawg
    gniknave
    Harmonica
    Harddrive7
    Hicks
    Indy Geezer
    Jose Slaughter
    Kegboy
    Magic Rat
    Mrs. RWB
    PB777
    Peck
    RWB
    Roaming Gnome
    Shade
    Skaut Ech
    Speed Freak
    Spicoli
    31 Forever
    Uncle Buck

    The Maybe's

    Suaveness
    Obnoxiousmodesty
    Anthem
    Pig Nash
    Soup is Good
    Ragnar
    Arkman
    Jay@section 204
    rabidpacersfan
    Vicious Tyrant
    Alabama-Redneck
    Boston Connection
    Super Reggie

    Waiting to hear from

    Tim
    Naturallystoned
    Pacer Crazy

  2. #2
    Member BostonConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)
    Posts
    4,694

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    Jose, there's actually a very slim chance that SR and I might be in Indy around July 16. If we are we'll definitely try and get to the forum party.

    BTW, did you see my answer to your science question in the Entertainment forum?
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    That would be more than cool.

    Yes & I was very disappointed. I thought for sure I had figured out how UFO's travel at such a high rate of speed.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    Jose, it is very unlikely I will be able to make it to Indy....I will try, but don't count on it
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  5. #5
    Member BostonConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)
    Posts
    4,694

    Cool Re: Forum Party Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be more than cool.

    Yes & I was very disappointed. I thought for sure I had figured out how UFO's travel at such a high rate of speed.
    Oh, that's easy - Dilithium crystals powering their warp drive.
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    I just got off the phone with Heather from the Pizza King. We are offically set for the 16th.

    One other note of interest.

    I ask for a different set up this time. We will still be in our usual area but the arrangement will be more of a square than one long table. I hope this will help keep everyone involved in the same conversation.

    If anyone has any suggestions, please pass 'em along.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonConnection
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, that's easy - Dilithium crystals powering their warp drive.
    You're as funny as your team was successful.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    I won't be able to make it.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  9. #9
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,626

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I won't be able to make it.
    Perfect, I will once again be able to introduce myself as Rimfire to the new people.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I won't be able to make it.
    I can't tell ya how much that bummed me out having to take your name off the list.

  11. #11
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    I'm convinced I will never meet DK.

  12. #12
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    Perhaps he doesn't even exist. Think about it - a mild-mannered, rational, polite Knick fan? There's no such thing.

    IndyToad
    These are not the droids you're looking for

  13. #13
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,276

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    I should be there. Maybe we can get a competition going on that basketball machine where I work...

  14. #14

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    If someone has a helicopter and wants to rescue me with a daring, heroic feat of immense magnitude, I can come.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  15. #15
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,630

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I won't be able to make it.
    Looks like one less person in the adult beverages corner of the table.

    Bummer.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  16. #16
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    What? Since when is this on the 16th? I thought it was on the 6th, or around there?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12165

    There were several people that wanted to attend but July 2nd wasn't do-able.

  18. #18
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,276

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    I just requested the day off from work, so I should be there.

    Damn you, Rim!

  19. #19
    Member Vicious Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,207

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    Oh, I didn't see this until this morning. Keep me as a maybe, but I'll definitely shoot to be up there and hopefully stay a little longer this time.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

  20. #20
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just requested the day off from work, so I should be there.

    Damn you, Rim!
    are they able to find someone else to wear the costume and shoot hoops with such short notice?

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just requested the day off from work, so I should be there.

    Damn you, Rim!
    ????

    I could have made it the 2nd but not the 9th or 16th.

    No big deal - I don't think I've ever made the summer meeting.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  22. #22
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A bit of sad news. I had planned to attend, but recieved an invitation to Florida for two weeks and can't go on this new date.

    I'll be thinking of you all from the beach.
    I'll be thinking of you when you're living under the bridge because you decided to go to Florida rather than get a job......but you'll always have the ring.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  23. #23
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll still find a job.

    Two weeks in Florida doesn't really impact (thanks Jay) my ability to say, "Would you like anything else with your latte?".
    Always the pessimist. Over those two weeks, you could find a way to say "Would you like anything else with your latte?" from a beachfront Starbucks.

    Hey, if you're gonna live under a bridge, make sure its someplace where it rarely snows.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  24. #24
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    I just happen to be flying out to NapTown July 13th-27th. I guess I have no excuse not to be there huh? Count me as a guarantee. I'll be there. Will that make me the member from the longest distance to attend?

  25. #25
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Forum Party Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like one less person in the adult beverages corner of the table.

    Bummer.
    I'll join ya as a replacement

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •