Thread: Sheed fined $20,000

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Sheed fined $20,000

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.nba.com/news/Rasheed_Wall...43457-487.html

NEW YORK, June 3 Rasheed Wallace of the Detroit Pistons has been fined $20,000 for public criticism of officiating and using inappropriate language while speaking to the media, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations. The incident occurred following the Pistons 88-76 loss last night to the Miami Heat at AmericanAirlines Arena.

I have to admit I thought it was kind of low. It will be interesting to see how he plays in game 6 (and 7 if there is one)
    Too bad Rasheed didn't get fined last year, after Game 2 of the ECF. Where he was calling Pacer fans, "*****es","I told ya'll *****es"
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    Too bad Rasheed didn't get fined last year, after Game 2 of the ECF. Where he was calling Pacer fans, "*****es","I told ya'll *****es"
    you think reggie should have gotten fined for what he said to spike lee in 1994?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    you think reggie should have gotten fined for what he said to spike lee in 1994?
    I never saw the game live as I was only 4. I have only seen highlights. But, if you could hear it well. Then yes.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Banned

Every time ***-Weed opens his mouth and makes one of his pronouncements he sounds more stupid. I hope he keeps talking, and I hope the league keeps fining him.

The biggest jerk in professional sports.

Mood

I really need to find a dirt/mud-slinging smilie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I really need to find a dirt/mud-slinging smilie.
    Agreed!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

What did he say Kstat?. I saw him give the choke sign but could never make out what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    What did he say Kstat?. I saw him give the choke sign but could never make out what he said.
    According to spike, he was calling him a "sonofa*****" after every three, and a few time he grabbed his nuts in spike's direction.

I mean, I'm not in favor of turning the sidelines into church, but if we're going to advocade fines for cursing into the crowd, it should go both ways. And very few players did it more than Reggie.

Personally, a little cursing never hurt anyone.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Mood

According to spike, he was calling him a "sonofa*****" after every three, and a few time he grabbed his nuts in spike's direction.

I mean, I'm not in favor of turning the sidelines into church, but if we're going to advocade fines for cursing into the crowd, it should go both ways. And very few players did it more than Reggie.
    Doing it to Spike Lee makes him one someone who did it to fans more than most? You cross lines.

Not to mention the fact that you only bring it up to deflect the gaze from Rasheed.

Doing it to Spike Lee makes him one someone who did it to fans more than most? You cross lines.
    Reggie loved to talk trash. This included fans that tried to agitate him. Lets not make him into an angel.

Not to mention the fact that you only bring it up to deflect the gaze from Rasheed.
    Absolutely. And I'm right in doing so. If we're going to villainize sheed for cussing at fans, I'd like everyone to be FAIR about it..... if someone wants to advocate fining one player for doing something their favorite player did all the time, well its not even a legit argument.

Mood

We can point to proof of Rasheed doing it in a very classless way. You can't prove to me that Reggie went around calling random fans "mother****ers". Spike Lee doesn't count as a random fan.

We can point to proof of Rasheed doing it in a very classless way. You can't prove to me that Reggie went around calling random fans "mother****ers". Spike Lee doesn't count as a random fan.
    always about proof, hicks.....

I've heard reggie curse on the sidelines before plenty of times. No, I didn't bring a tape recorder with me. In between sermons and his work walking old ladies across the street, he HAS been known to curse at fans who curse at him, from time to time..... It's crowd interaction. He's always loved doing it.

And yes, its always classless when the OTHER team is doing it. I understand.

Mood

always about proof, hicks.....
    A strange request, I know.

I've heard reggie curse on the sidelines before plenty of times. No, I didn't bring a tape recorder with me. In between sermons and his work walking old ladies across the street, he HAS been known to curse at fans who curse at him, from time to time.....

And yes, its always classless when the OTHER team is doing it. I understand.
    Cursing is one thing, most of us all do that plenty. I'm only saying I doubt Reggie's acted like Rasheed in calling a bunch of random fans "mother****ers".

In this era of the NBA players can get fined for swearing at the crowd. When Reggie did it they didn't get fined. Both cases were unneccisary but I prefered it when the NBA didn't fine in those instance.

3ptmiller

Hehe, only Reggies Trashtalking / Acting / Fan involvment should give him a HOF spot

Latrell Sprewell sweared at me once (well not just me, but our section.) Because me and some other guys were laughing at him after he missed two freethrows in the 4th when he was on New York. He just turned toward us as he was jogging back and goes FU*K YOU!!! And we laughed some more.

Kstat, I just watched that whole game and can send you a tape of it. You are right in that he called Spike a "son of a *****". But it is not at all true that he grabbed his nuts in Spike's direction.

Also, I have watched Reggie upclose about 80 to 90 times and I am sorry,

I have seen him talk trash to opposing players.
    I have never seen him cuss out opposing fans.

He does glare at opposing benches and courtside fans in opposing arenas after making big shots. Can you please prove to me that he has cussed out people like Rahseed has consistenntly done in his Portland / Detroit days.

He does not guarantee games, stink it up that game, rely on his teammates to win and then cursing without any regard for kids that are around.

BustedPants

I never remember Reggie grabbing his nuts. Not only that, but Reggie and Spike always had a playful feud, which included Reggie attempting to get his wife into one of Spike's movies. I don't believe Sheed's relationship with Pacers fans, Heat fans, etc is playful.

Mood

The nuts thing did happen I'm pretty sure. I think Reggie mentions it in his book. Cameras didn't catch it. At least that's how I remember it. Thankfully it was directed at Spike Lee and not random men, women, children.

The nuts thing did happen I'm pretty sure. I think Reggie mentions it in his book. Cameras didn't catch it. At least that's how I remember it. Thankfully it was directed at Spike Lee and not random men, women, children.
    If the nuts thing did happen, that is very crass even if it was directed against Spike Lee, though it is not at all at the level that Rasheed does game in and game out.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    If the nuts thing did happen, that is very crass even if it was directed against Spike Lee, though it is not at all at the level that Rasheed does game in and game out.
    Yeah, that was low of Reggie. But I don't let that mean he did what Rasheed did. Random fans.

Anyway, as embarassing as that was, it shows me that players can grow up.

I love Rasheed as a Piston's fan but I understand why you pacer fans hate him his antics can be a bit over the top, he's one of those players that if he's on your team you love him but if hes on the other team you hate him.

As for Rasheed swearing at the Pacer fans after the game that was pretty low of him in my opinion and completely unprofessional and I don't understand how the Reggie and Spike Lee incident justifies his behavior.

Yes there are many examples of players cursing into the stands or making gestures towards the fans over the years but arguing over which one is more obscene and wrong seems a bit...what word am I looking for? ... pointless