Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 True or False Questions

Default Re: 10 True or False Questions

1. O'Neal, Artest, and Jackson will all 3 be Pacers next season
    True
    2. Artest will go the entire season next year without causing a disruption, and will proved that he is a changed person
    False

3. The Pacers will make a significant trade before the season
    True

4. This team will miss Reggie maybe more than we all thought
    True

5. Tinsley is the long term answer at PG, the Pacers should stand pat with him.
    False

6. Jermaine will evolve into a true leader.
    True
    7. This team is built for the regular season
    True
    8. A healthy Pacers team will finally move past Detroit
    False
    9. The Pacers will win the championship
    False

10. This one is a joke by now: We will finally "see it all" from Bender.
    False
    31 Forever

True. This core needs a chance to be together. Could be our key to a championship. Jacks positive attitude+JO being a leader and ron keeping it together on the floor could be our shot at a title.

2. Artest will go the entire season next year without causing a disruption, and will proved that he is a changed person

True...to an extent he'll have his usual weird incidents and people will have him under the microscope. And things will come up that really are no big deal but due to the past it's made into one.

False...
    Don't think any major trades will happen sadly. Unless you count losing a draft pick or gaining a few scrubs?

True. The team will miss his leadership. And it will hit them sometime next season when he's not in the lockerroom to keep us up.
    True And False...
    Undecided on this one. If he can stay healthy he's lethal. But his shot selection is so poor at times. And he gets way too cute with the ball. Learn from his mistakes...keep the TO's down and get everyone involved then yes. If he can not. He needs to be moved.

True. Next season ? maybe not. I think ron will actually be this teams leader as crazy as that sounds. But JO will step up I believe. He can only get better.

False. We lost to the defending champs in six games fellas. 2 years ago we had them. Rip makes a stupid flop and ron gets a flagrant. We should have won that game. And we were injured. Being healthy is the damn key here. If we have seeds locked up. We need to rest.

True...see above

TRUE. This will be our year. It should have been this year. But a fan threw a beer and it didn't happen.

TRUE! Here he comes baby! 20 and 10...you heard it here first suckaz....

Good post - should generate some discussion. And it's been slow.

True - for part of it. I look for a big attempt to move Artest before the trade deadline after he's "proved" his sanity.

This is funny - you mean for the first time in his career? False.

False

False

True - sort of. He has to prove he can stay healthy

False. If you mean by being the locker room leader. I don't see it. I think he'll continue to mature and will be able to be an example on the court.

False

True - because Larry Brown won't be coaching. The problem is that Miami's already ahead of you and you'll have trouble catching them and others may pass you. Particularly Chicago but Washington & Boston are also candidates.

False

If Bender decides to flash the crowd at some point I may never watch NBA basketball again.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I figured as much. Maybe I really should've called it "this team is built to lose in the ECFs" or "This team peaks in November every season" for those of you unsure what I mean.

As for the trade, I've got a hunch it'll be Jackson... he's got value, a reasonable contract. But he's not a good fit on this team because our other top-four players are also generally volatile (FG%, PPG, temper, Steve is volatile no matter what criteria you use) and each of the others (JO, max contract; Tinsley, BYC; and Ron, just plain crazy) are difficult to move. That, and my gut feeling is that DW and Bird want Ron to showcase his talents and -if it really exists- newfound maturity and composure both to the Pacers and the entire league before they decide what to do with him.

But if he comes back playing well and with some semblance of responsibility, and that results in a 'sweeter' offer, I think they'll jump on it.

I'd personally prefer they move him sooner (no surprise there) but I think its a perfectly rational decision if they put him and (most of) the rest of the team through an audition next fall. I still think they'll decide they ultimately want to move him as soon as they get any respectable offer, and that's the thing, they may not get a respectable offer until the audition is underway.

I goota say say, I'm continually amazed at how much we think alike.

1. O'Neal, Artest, and Jackson will all 3 be Pacers next season (Nope...maybe at start but not throughout)

2. Artest will go the entire season next year without causing a disruption, and will proved that he is a changed person ( I really worry about what he's going to have to face in EVERY arena next year. The Harassment will be brutal...can he handle that??? Did I mention that I think he should be brought in off the bench next year? Give him time to adjust w/o the pressure of it all and let the league see him and get over it. It also lets his teammates know that he has to re-earn his spot.)

3. The Pacers will make a significant trade before the season (Yes)

4. This team will miss Reggie maybe more than we all thought (I fear they will and hope they won't...he wsa a focal point this year. WHat/who will be their rudder next year?)

5. Tinsley is the long term answer at PG, the Pacers should stand pat with him. (Can the kncuklehead outgrow his own behavior???)

6. Jermaine will evolve into a true leader. (YEs, I think he can)

7. This team is built for the regular season (Uh...no...they burn out from mental fatigue and stress, if they could overcome that...but those words apply to alot of teams)

8. A healthy Pacers team will finally move past Detroit (With no changes, this is no better than a 4th seed)

9. The Pacers will win the championship (No)

10. This one is a joke by now: We will finally "see it all" from Bender. (I would honestly like to think so...but I'm shutting up on this one)
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

True
    True
    True
    False Even though I absolutely love Reggie's game.
    True
    False Not yet at least
    True
    True
    True
    True Even it isn't that much.
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson

I thought it would be fun to ask 10 questions, and have you all answer True or False. You can simply answer True or False, or you can elaborate on your answers.

1. O'Neal, Artest, and Jackson will all 3 be Pacers next season *TRUE*

2. Artest will go the entire season next year without causing a disruption, and will proved that he is a changed person *HOPEFULL TRUE*

3. The Pacers will make a significant trade before the season Thats a tought one * I"ll say true, but significang doesen't mean blockbuster personal it means significant help*

4. This team will miss Reggie maybe more than we all thought * FO SURE THATS TRUE *

5. Tinsley is the long term answer at PG, the Pacers should stand pat with him. *TRUE*

6. Jermaine will evolve into a true leader. *TRUE*

7. This team is built for the regular season *FALSE*

8. A healthy Pacers team will finally move past Detroit * HELL YEAHH TRUE *

9. The Pacers will win the championship TRUE

10. This one is a joke by now: We will finally "see it all" from Bender, * hopefull True*