Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flicker of hope about this team's maturity.

Default Re: Flicker of hope about this team's maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by ILovethePacers
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So... Supposing one of our prime needs now is a solid veteran or 2 to bring so maturity to the club... who would fit the bill?
    Ray Allen.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHotShot31
    I wouldnt mind having Sam Cassell, thats IF hes healthy.
    I thought we were trying to INCREASE the number of mature players?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

So.... I think we are heading toward a meeting of the minds...

We need to sign or trade for a bald player!

---
    Hmmm...

"Ball kid... not BALD kid!"

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

FWIW, I think Jermaine's best hair look was this one:

I mean, you know, in a strictly platonic sense....

Then again, who am *I* to talk?!? (see avatar)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    You're right, I was looking at a picture from the regular season. I forgot Jalen scored 43 points in the first game against the Nets that season. No wonder Chicago was interested.

Yup. The team didn't shave their heads in 2003.
    You guys are wrong about Jeff and Brad. They weren't bald as an egg, but they had definitely assaulted their heads with razors before tip-off. Very, very short cut. Fuzzy at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    You guys are wrong about Jeff and Brad. They weren't bald as an egg, but they had definitely assaulted their heads with razors before tip-off. Very, very short cut. Fuzzy at best.
    Well, Jermaine's is short too. So if we're giving Jermaine crap about not shaving down to bare skin, why wouldn't we bring up Foster and Brad as well?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Well, Jermaine's is short too. So if we're giving Jermaine crap about not shaving down to bare skin, why wouldn't we bring up Foster and Brad as well?
    Because I don't give a ****?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Because I don't give a ****?

You win, you win.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Frankly, I'm still mad that JO never combed his hair out to a 'fro like he promised. "Oh, poor me, my hair-stylist is in Atlanta, boo who who."

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Frankly, I'm still mad that JO never combed his hair out to a 'fro like he promised. "Oh, poor me, my hair-stylist is in Atlanta, boo who who."

He said straight upfront he would do it if his hairdresser was available to braid his hair after the game.

Now to consider that A. he has to fly her out from Atl to Indy, then sit for 3 - 5 hours while the job is done, that is plenty of commitment.

I can fully imagine and even think there might be more to that, that JO has obligations that do not even allow him to "do whatever" with his hair and walking around with a huge afro might be one of them.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There are days I wish I could wave a magic wand and make you all Hawks fans, just so you could see how small the chemistry concerns really are in Indianapolis.

You'd think:

- "Gosh, it'd be nice to have some upside to this idiot who screws up all the time"
    - "If only the members of the team would disagree about cutting their hair for the playoffs. If only the members of the team would just get to the playoffs"
    - "Some veteran leadership - like, someone who has been in the league more than 5 years - would be really useful"
    - "Well, the good news is that management makes moves to change the team. The bad news is that they forget to throw away the old diapers afterwards."

or, worse would be to be on the coaching staff. Ya gotta wonder if Woodson is looking into that Associate Coach position with the Pacers

Yes, I know that small things can mean the difference between champion and also-ran, but let's give the guys a chance to step up without Reggie before we decide they aren't capable of it, huh?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

foretaz

am i the only one that just doesnt have much desire to see jermaine in a full out afro? ben wallace has really tainted the afro look in my opinion....

before ben i always pictured darnell hillman....and i thought he looked damn spiffy in his....

now that ben has come on the scene...well...lets just say im not in any big hurry to see guys runnin around in fros any time soon...

Quote Originally Posted by able
    He said straight upfront he would do it if his hairdresser was available to braid his hair after the game.

Now to consider that A. he has to fly her out from Atl to Indy, then sit for 3 - 5 hours while the job is done, that is plenty of commitment.

I can fully imagine and even think there might be more to that, that JO has obligations that do not even allow him to "do whatever" with his hair and walking around with a huge afro might be one of them.
    The problem is, very soon thereafter we had a game in Atlanta. He could have very easily combed it out, then had her fix it when the team was down there.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS
    Yes, I know that small things can mean the difference between champion and also-ran, but let's give the guys a chance to step up without Reggie before we decide they aren't capable of it, huh?
    Something that might not go down to well, but that has now been on my mind for some time has to do with just that.

Who says Reggie did not hold that "leadership" position in Limbo the past 3 years and that this will be solved fully automatic this coming season, who says that JO was "showing restraint" when exercising those "powers" out of respect for Reggie, who says other players did not have a hard time recognizing JO as such with the Pater Familias still around?

Reggie the legend, the HOF'r, how can you exept JO or Tins as the "general" when he is around?
    How can you pretend to be a leader or in that category, while "he" is still around?
    What kind of respect did the (coaching) staff show Reggie, they did not quite show the other ordained leaders?

Not so sure it wont be a whole lot better this coming year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    The problem is, very soon thereafter we had a game in Atlanta. He could have very easily combed it out, then had her fix it when the team was down there.
    The one time he was asked/offered to do it was a "special retro night" that he would not do it outside of this OR that the time allowed there was simply not enough (back to back?) who knows.

Let's not start a search for behaviour we think could point to something that has nothing to do with it.
    Some people are really trying but can not always comply.

Sorry just reread your post, and am now guessing that you meant he would have stayed unbraided during this period, if that is the case then I suggest you re-read my post, there is a likelyhood he can not do that, commitments, or not enough time in Atl, or matters dealing with his portrait rights and obligations.

to many reason possible to even start worrying about that, he said he wanted but couldn't and I am under the impression that if JO is anything it is honest, so why would i search anything behind this.

woman without a team

Any putz can braid hair. I bet if JO had asked nicely whatever salon does the Pacemates' hair would have gladly done his.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    Any putz can braid hair. I bet if JO had asked nicely whatever salon does the Pacemates' hair would have gladly done his.
    thank god...i was getting worried for a second....i cant braid hair....so i guess that makes me something other than a putz.....wooohooo...thank god...

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    thank god...i was getting worried for a second....i cant braid hair....so i guess that makes me something other than a putz.....wooohooo...thank god...
    You may think I'm joking, but I find that a ton easier to read than your normal script.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by able
    The one time he was asked/offered to do it was a "special retro night" that he would not do it outside of this OR that the time allowed there was simply not enough (back to back?) who knows.

Let's not start a search for behaviour we think could point to something that has nothing to do with it.
    Some people are really trying but can not always comply.

Sorry just reread your post, and am now guessing that you meant he would have stayed unbraided during this period, if that is the case then I suggest you re-read my post, there is a likelyhood he can not do that, commitments, or not enough time in Atl, or matters dealing with his portrait rights and obligations.

to many reason possible to even start worrying about that, he said he wanted but couldn't and I am under the impression that if JO is anything it is honest, so why would i search anything behind this.
    I seem to remember we were playing a home-and-home with Atlanta, because they were wearing those ugly green Pistol Pete uni's.

And I think you missed the from my original post. I was just bringing it up to make fun of how stupid people were being. It's his hair, I don't care what the hell he does with it.