Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pierce Being Shopped

Hybrid View

Default Pierce Being Shopped

A source close to the Boston Celtics has said that Danny Ainge has fallen in love with Wake Forest point guard Chris Paul and sees him as the reincarnation of Isiah Thomas. This same Celtics source has said that Ainge has offered Pierce, along with the Celtics first round pick, to the Portland Trailblazers for the third pick (which Ainge will use to select Paul) and Nick Van Exel. Ainge, who was quoted in the Boston Herald as saying "Delonte West is more of a two guard in our system," has basically opened up the door for Paul to come in and run the point for the Celtics over the next ten years (seeing as Marcus Banks is out after this year). Other sources have mentioned Antoine Walker being shipped in a sign and trade to Seattle for California born high school center Robert Swift.
    Celtics Starting lineup by end of 2006 season:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

I got this off the draftcity board. This trade seems one sided for Portland
    to me. Paul Pierce is an established all star. What do you think?

owl

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pierce Being Shopped

Looks like Ainge is going to clean house and go young. Can't say I blame him much if Al Jefferson is any indication of his talent-scouting ability.

Btw, why are some ppl here so eager to offer up Ronnie for Pierce? Didn't Ron pretty much OWN Pierce every time we played the Celtics?
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like Ainge is going to clean house and go young. Can't say I blame him much if Al Jefferson is any indication of his talent-scouting ability.

Btw, why are some ppl here so eager to offer up Ronnie for Pierce? Didn't Ron pretty much OWN Pierce every time we played the Celtics?
    Yes he did. But people want to get rid of Ronnie so bad they are willing to take anyone.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Yes he did. But people want to get rid of Ronnie so bad they are willing to take anyone.

Yeah, because Paul Pierce is just "anyone"

He's only one of the top shooting guards in the game.

You act suprised at how fans want to trade Artest. Maybe if Artest would have played more than 7 games last year, the case would be different. He has issues. No player is so great that they are worth the trouble Artest is.

People here have very short memories. Pierce BURNED the Pacers in 2003 playoffs. How does Ron own him? Ron didn't even play in one of the games in 2004 because he was suspended.......suprise suprise. The Pacers beat the hell out of the Celts in 2004 because the Celts were total garbage.

If Ron was on the level of Duncan or Lebron(which he isn't) he STILL wouldn't be worth the trouble he is.

Ron Artest is AT BEST a talented player that is a great defender and can score, but is immature, cannot lead a team, and always runs the risk of blowing up.

He is not a "top 10" player, like some claim.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    Yeah, because Paul Pierce is just "anyone"

He's only one of the top shooting guards in the game.

You act suprised at how fans want to trade Artest. Maybe if Artest would have played more than 7 games last year, the case would be different. He has issues. No player is so great that they are worth the trouble Artest is.

People here have very short memories. Pierce BURNED the Pacers in 2003 playoffs. How does Ron own him? Ron didn't even play in one of the games in 2004 because he was suspended.......suprise suprise. The Pacers beat the hell out of the Celts in 2004 because the Celts were total garbage.

If Ron was on the level of Duncan or Lebron(which he isn't) he STILL wouldn't be worth the trouble he is.

Ron Artest is AT BEST a talented player that is a great defender and can score, but is immature, cannot lead a team, and always runs the risk of blowing up.

In 2004, Artest >>>>> Pierce. Players DO improve y'know, especially when they're no longer being coached by a certain former Pistons player...

In 2004, Artest >>>>> Pierce. Players DO improve y'know, especially when they're no longer being coached by a certain former Pistons player...

And in 2005?

Well, I guess Artest's stats for 7 games look better than Pierce's stats for an entire season............

Pierce is a better fit for a team. Pierce and Artest are about even, and you can actually trust Pierce.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam

You sure told Larry Bird!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    You sure told Larry Bird!
    Larry Bird wanted to draft Luke Jackson too. Or so we were told. Then, almost magically, Ben Gordon was revealed as the real target. But wait, Bird wouldn't lie to us, would he? No, surely not.

Mood

Pierce brings a lot to the table himself, and would be the closest thing to equal value you would get for Ron, talent-for-talent. Owned or not, and it's not a given; Ron got him in 2004 but Pierce was king in our 2003 matchup, Pierce is a terrific talent with about 10% the issues of Ron. If you're going to trade Ron, you won't do better than Pierce.

canyoufeelit

2002-2003 First round, Pierce shot a bad percentage but absolutely smoked Artest and everybody else who guarded him regardless - also doing other things to help the C's win: http://www.nba.com/celtics/stats/200...ter_stats.html Artest could NOT get stops one-on-one in the 4th quarter

Quote Originally Posted by canyoufeelit
    2002-2003 First round, Pierce shot a bad percentage but absolutely smoked Artest and everybody else who guarded him regardless - also doing other things to help the C's win: http://www.nba.com/celtics/stats/200...ter_stats.html Artest could NOT get stops one-on-one in the 4th quarter
    Nevermind the fact Artest killed him every single time they played since. Even beat the pants off of him once.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Nevermind the fact Artest killed him every single time they played since. Even beat the pants off of him once.
    Yeah. That one other time. (Playoffs are what I'm looking at because that's what matters to me the most)

Unfortunately it looks like the Celts really want a high draft pick, which isn't something we've got...

IndyToad
    Smells like cabbage

As Hicks pointed out, he gets good assist numbers.

You can count on him to actually last a season without getting into trouble(pierce played every game last year) The most games Pierce has ever missed in a season is 9.

Call me stupid, but I'd take Pierce in 82 games last year over Artest in 7.

woman without a team

I don't pay much attention to statistics. All I know is I cannot stand Paul Pierce. Yes, he has his good games, and then he plays so bad that my dearly departed grandmother could have beat him in a game of horse.

As far as I'm concerned if Paul Pierce is ever a Pacer then I'm not a Pacer fan.

foretaz

artest and pierce arent that different on the offensive end of the floor....pierce is a bit better shooter...but they actually are similar in the fact they can both go into the post as well....

the defensive end is a whole different story...and we all know that....

the biggest difference is pierce makes twicie what artest makes, salary wise....TWICE....

so overall artest is a better player...they are both all stars....yet artest cost the pacers half of what pierce would cost...hmmmm...and its not like pierce is the consummate teammate....hes constantly having issues as a player on his team....whether he doesnt like a coach...doesnt like a system...doesnt get the ball enuff...hes hardly a model citizen which is the only real knock on artest....nevermind artest work ethic is unparalleled-especially when compared to pierce who is often thought of as a bit lazy...

so u do the math....both all stars....one is dpoy and he costs exactly half what the other lesser player costs....hmmmm

thats a no contest in my book....and why you cant trade artest....

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    artest and pierce arent that different on the offensive end of the floor....pierce is a bit better shooter...but they actually are similar in the fact they can both go into the post as well....

the defensive end is a whole different story...and we all know that....

the biggest difference is pierce makes twicie what artest makes, salary wise....TWICE....

so overall artest is a better player...they are both all stars....yet artest cost the pacers half of what pierce would cost...hmmmm...and its not like pierce is the consummate teammate....hes constantly having issues as a player on his team....whether he doesnt like a coach...doesnt like a system...doesnt get the ball enuff...hes hardly a model citizen which is the only real knock on artest....nevermind artest work ethic is unparalleled-especially when compared to pierce who is often thought of as a bit lazy...

so u do the math....both all stars....one is dpoy and he costs exactly half what the other lesser player costs....hmmmm

thats a no contest in my book....and why you cant trade artest....
    While we're talking about cost, how many games did Pierce cost his team last season because he was suspended? How many games has he cost his team because he's been suspended over the past 4 years?

Yes Pierce has had problems with coach's, he has a problem with Doc now. But how many times has he gone to the press & said he didn't know if he wanted to stay with the team because he wasn't happy with the new rules?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    While we're talking about cost, how many games did Pierce cost his team last season because he was suspended? How many games has he cost his team because he's been suspended over the past 4 years?

Yes Pierce has had problems with coach's, he has a problem with Doc now. But how many times has he gone to the press & said he didn't know if he wanted to stay with the team because he wasn't happy with the new rules?

Perfectly said.

Like I mentioned earlier, the most games Paul has ever missed is 9.

Question his attitude if you want, but Paul is always ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck

Paul Pierce has had quite the attitude problem over the years. Though not quite as bad as Ron, let's not make PP out to be a saint here. He would drive the anti-Artest ppl just as crazy with his antics.

Paul Pierce has had quite the attitude problem over the years. Though not quite as bad as Ron, let's not make PP out to be a saint here. He would drive the anti-Artest ppl just as crazy with his antics.
    Thats the overstatement of the year.

Paul Pierce actually plays an entire season without getting suspended, believe it or not.

"Anti-Artest" people are upset mostly because Ron does things to get suspended. That's something Pierce simply does not do.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I don't pay much attention to statistics. All I know is I cannot stand Paul Pierce. Yes, he has his good games, and then he plays so bad that my dearly departed grandmother could have beat him in a game of horse.

As far as I'm concerned if Paul Pierce is ever a Pacer then I'm not a Pacer fan.
    i dont think u have to worry about that grace.....pierce appears to be exactly the kind of player that bird doesnt like....yes hes a great shooter and bird likes that....but the intangibles...the baggage...is exactly the sort of thing that bird despises....i see no circumstance that paul pierce is ever a pacer as long as larry bird is involved with the organization....

I think Paul Pierce is a beyotch. I think Ron Artest is wacko. So, um, it's uh ... wash? I don't know.

In 2003, though, I do disictly remember watching Al Harrington get dogged by Pierce for much of the game. Surely, we all remember the one shot. The dribble, the stare, the dribble, the stare ... and then, the jumper in Al's grill.

I've read way to many stories out of Boston about how Pierce is disrespectful to basically everyone.

Artest respects basically everybody it seems. Everybody except himself, that is.

From a sheer basketball perspective, a swap of those two players is definitely not going to make the Pacers a better team in my mind.

Artest is nowhere near a top 10 player. Maybe, MAYBE a top 10 talent.

I knew we should have tanked after the brawl this year... we could be trading our high draft pick for Paul Pierce.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Artest is nowhere near a top 10 player. Maybe, MAYBE a top 10 talent.

I knew we should have tanked after the brawl this year... we could be trading our high draft pick for Paul Pierce.
    I think some of you haven't seen Ronnie play in so long that your last image of him has skewed your perception of his game. Ron Artest is very arguably a Top 10 player -- Top 15 AT WORST. Don't confuse your anger/disappointment at Ronnie with his game. There's a reason we were titled a championship contender with him, and lost w/o him.

I think some of you haven't seen Ronnie play in so long that your last image of him has skewed your perception of his game. Ron Artest is very arguably a Top 10 player -- Top 15 AT WORST. Don't confuse your anger/disappointment at Ronnie with his game. There's a reason we were titled a championship contender with him, and lost w/o him.
    Shaquille O'Neal
    Tim Duncan
    Kevin Garnett
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Allen Iverson
    Kobe Bryant
    Tracy McGrady
    healthy Jason Kidd
    Dwayne Wade
    Lebron James
    Ray Allen
    healthy Jermaine
    Steve Nash
    Amare
    Marion

Those 15 players are EASILY better overall players than Ron Artest. If you took Ron over any of them, you'd be crazy.