View Poll Results: If Magic makes this offer to you TODAY: Clarkson + Randle + 28th pick + 2019 1st round pick for Paul

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deal

11 16.92%
  • No Deal

54 83.08%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magic Johnson calls and makes this take-it-or-leave-it offer...What would you do?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Magic Johnson calls and makes this take-it-or-leave-it offer...What would you do?

Still no deal. Clarkson is a bad contract, Randle is "meh" and ready for a big raise, the 28th pick is worth less than a second rounder, and the Lakers still can't trade the 2019 1st. I'd rather tell PG just to take the year off and chill at the house.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wage For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Magic Johnson calls and makes this take-it-or-leave-it offer...What would you do?

Russell and Randle, or no deal. If they want to throw in Deng and the 28 for Monta to free up some cash, I still do it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Russell and Randle, or no deal. If they want to throw in Deng and the 28 for Monta to free up some cash, I still do it.
    you realize PG just sabotaged any leverage we had, right?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratking For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    Still no deal. Clarkson is a bad contract, Randle is "meh" and ready for a big raise, the 28th pick is worth less than a second rounder, and the Lakers still can't trade the 2019 1st. I'd rather tell PG just to take the year off and chill at the house.
    Clarkson is a good contract in a league where Crabbe makes 19 million a year and Evan Turner makes 16 million a year. He makes a bit more than Monta Ellis, but is 25 years old, and would probably average 16 pts/4 asst/3 reb in a Pacers uniform. He'd be a top 7 player in our rotation and a fringe starter for the next 3 years, and hopefully more if he wants to re-sign. Randle could play really well alongside Turner.

Small market teams gotta do what they gotta do.

I still wouldn't take this. It's an awful deal imo. I'd rather get nothing but cap space.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ichi For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

---->

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    Also, this trade would put us in a strong position to acquire a top 4 pick in the next two drafts (i.e., tank), with the possibility that by 2019 the Lakers rebuild doesn't push them into a playoff seed in a very competitive conference (i.e., nullified pick depreciation), and in 2019 we end up with pick #1-4 + #11-14. Those are the kind of assets needed for a fast rebuild. Over the next two years, Turner develops unhindered as a go-to scorer and is surrounded by young prospects with room to develop.

As a small market team that boasts an aging David West as their best FA signing in history, this is unfortunately the best situation we can find ourselves in.

Or, we stubbornly ignore every sign that points to PG packing his bags next year, and get another #15-18 pick next year as our alimony.
    Here, I already prepared a post-grieving sunshiner spin for everyone 2 weeks ago when nobody was taking me seriously.

Yes, I now understand that we could not ask for the 2019 pick, but I think we could still ask for a 2020 or 2021 1st.

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    I would be pleasantly surprised if we are offered anything better before PG walks next Summer. I really hope I am wrong. I know this is the most bitter pill to swallow, but this is the position Pritchard has been put in. How are we supposed to add pieces to convince PG to stay? What free agent in their right mind would sign with a team knowing their star player may leave in a year? We would need to get pretty lucky with finding a GM ignorant enough to take Ellis and/or Jefferson to make any sort of impactful acquisition anyway.

Also, what Western conference team is going to mortgage their future assets in the current NBA with a mega team like the Warriors reigning supreme for the next 5-6 years?

It's awful, but aside from adding Nance Jr., this will likely be the best offer the Lakers make all year, and no other team is going to offer better for a rental.

I hope I end up being wrong, and everyone can tell me I'm an idiot in a few weeks or in a year.
    bolded is the key factor

I still say no. I'd rather keep Paul for the rest of the season and watch him suffer than take that crap platter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hang up and laugh for at least a year.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Tell him go fuxk himself

I'll take it, but push it down to the wire for more/to make them sweat.

Clarkson I'd deal immediately. I imagine he'd be worth a mid to late first rounder, so that gives us 3 first round picks this year, at least two first round picks next year and Randle who I like a lot and plays a position of need for us.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Mood

Trade him to the Celtics as a slap in the face to that crap type of business move. Deuces Magic Johnson.