Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trading Paul George to Lakers or Celtics aren't only options for limited Pacers

Default Re: Trading Paul George to Lakers or Celtics aren't only options for limited Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want to trade Paul but there is almost now way that the Nets climb that much next year. I can't see them getting out of the bottom 3.
    If I looked and saw their 20-62 record, knew they didn't have their #1 overall pick & didn't watch a minute of their games this season (because how would you without NBALP? And why would you unless they're playing the Pacers & even then you're not paying close attention because it's BKN) then I would say the same thing. I get it, really do, but you're wrong. Nets were extremely unlucky to win just 20 games. If anyone wants to make a bet since everyone is so confident Brooklyn will be in the bottom 3 then please let's make something happen. I'll give you good odds.

Default Re: Trading Paul George to Lakers or Celtics aren't only options for limited Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    If I looked and saw their 20-62 record, knew they didn't have their #1 overall pick & didn't watch a minute of their games this season (because how would you without NBALP? And why would you unless they're playing the Pacers & even then you're not paying close attention because it's BKN) then I would say the same thing. I get it, really do, but you're wrong. Nets were extremely unlucky to win just 20 games. If anyone wants to make a bet since everyone is so confident Brooklyn will be in the bottom 3 then please let's make something happen. I'll give you good odds.
    Sorry but I'd have to give a crap about Brooklyn to make a bet and since I don't want to trade Paul anyway, why?
    The Lakers and the Sixers are going to be better this year. What teams do you think will have a worse record? I don't see the Suns or the Kings having a worse record.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    One thing that I would like to point out, that people seem to be forgetting or missing.

Pritchard said in his press conference that he had talked to Paul for an hour or longer about how to improve the Pacers. Every scenario had Paul staying. Now if they talked for and hour, I guarantee names were thrown around about who to try and get in the off season either via trade or free agency. There also may have been some names thrown around about who we would like to get rid of.

In my opinion, Pritchard has some guys that he and Paul agree on going after and he thinks we have a shot at. I think Pritchard will wait until he feels like he can not get the guy(s) they want before he trades Paul. Obviously if he gets they guy(s) he wants, he'll keep Paul.
    I don't think Larry being Mr. "he don't make decisions around here" would have never included Paul's input in building a team. I hope Pritchard is different.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

And this still ignores Brook will probably be traded and Lin could still be injury prone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

One thing that I would like to point out, that people seem to be forgetting or missing.

Pritchard said in his press conference that he had talked to Paul for an hour or longer about how to improve the Pacers. Every scenario had Paul staying. Now if they talked for and hour, I guarantee names were thrown around about who to try and get in the off season either via trade or free agency. There also may have been some names thrown around about who we would like to get rid of.

In my opinion, Pritchard has some guys that he and Paul agree on going after and he thinks we have a shot at. I think Pritchard will wait until he feels like he can not get the guy(s) they want before he trades Paul. Obviously if he gets they guy(s) he wants, he'll keep Paul.

Don't be fooled by what anyone (PG, KP) actually says. It's all about what PG doesn't say. Or haven't you learned anything from this message board? Geesh, some people just can't see what's clearly not in front of their eyes in black and white!
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

What odds you giving?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, of course they did. You think KP and PG are going to spitball ideas to improve the Pacers with Paul in Los Angeles or something?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post

Don't be fooled by what anyone (PG, KP) actually says. It's all about what PG doesn't say. Or haven't you learned anything from this message board? Geesh, some people just can't see what's clearly not in front of their eyes in black and white!
    Doesn't matter. I'm done speculating. Draft night and free agency is right around the corner....

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

I'm willing to make a bet that the Nets dont win more than 20 games next season.

If teams are going to offer ****, just keep him and let him play it out here. Maybe we can swing some solid players - we have some money to work with. I think Paul likes Indy... If Paul leaves, Paul is the bad guy not the Pacers.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Consider this: Paul doesn't want the team he gets traded to, to give up anything in a trade for him. Why would he want to hurt the team he's going to and make them less good. The smart and also dick move would be to let it come out he's done in Indiana so that his destination team doesn't get decimated. Carmelo is a decent comparison for why LA shouldn't give up anything for PG now. Why give up good pieces when you can have Paul and the pieces in 14 months from now. Boston won't unless they think they can genuinely make a one year run by adding PG with isiah Thomas, but even then it's one year rental possibly. Denver made a hard push at the deadline for PG, so that's a possibility, but you need a partner like that who thinks PG is resignable and willing to take that risk with a good deal. Not trying to be negative but I think in this climate it's too late to get great value for PG.

in my opinion you are stuck. You have to wait to see if he makes an all NBA team next year and resign him for the super max. Even then you have a cap killing deal that makes it hard to give him a Robin.

You also have to consider if nothing is better than something. If you do move him for players who make you a .500 team, you are perpetuating mediocrity, which is grueling to watch since it's crazy hard to get better that way. Granted you have to be bad in a transcendent player draft year and then be smart enough to draft that player, but it's better than not having the chance to get better.

i guess I'm saying the Pacers are in a really tough spot.

The best possible trade I had even considered and can think of is if they could get Avery Bradley, PG lite, and next years Brooklyn #1. Only problem is Danny Ainge isn't stupid and would never even consider that.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

You're not going to find anything that hasn't been considered when talking PG & his future at least 10x per take.

So when do you all think that the offers for Paul George will start coming in? A week from now? The week of the draft? Just curious.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    So when do you all think that the offers for Paul George will start coming in? A week from now? The week of the draft? Just curious.
    Draft night. There will be a hundred rumors, of which all the ones people want to believe will be deemed "true" and the others deemed "false".
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

The offers are already coming in. It is just they are still of the Clarkson, Randle and a lottery protected pick or like the reported Denver offer of 5 1st round picks above #20 or whatever it was. If fact I'll bet Cleveland has offered Shumpert, JR Smith and the right to switch picks with them for the next 10 years or so.

Apparently Paul George "liked" a post from a fan on Instagram that said "GO TO MIAMI." I'm not sure why players do these kinds of things, or why he specifically does. Is he trolling, is he serious, or is he just attention seeking? He knows that stuff gets noticed, and he has done it with several teams (Lakers, Celtics, Miami). I just don't get the mindset behind it when you know the situation that you are currently in.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Possibly, repeatedly sending messages to our frontoffice that the possibility of him leaving is not just an exercise in theory... aka he's showing he does have a strong position in any negotiations imho.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Or he is just one of those people who uses "like" as a way to say "I saw this".

Naah, not enough of an agenda there, so that can't possibly be it.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Impossible Is Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Or he is just one of those people who uses "like" as a way to say "I saw this".

Naah, not enough of an agenda there, so that can't possibly be it.
    It was a comment on his post, so that makes no sense. I think you're naive if you believe these players don't use their social media to send a message. Happens all of the time.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

It was a comment on his post, so that makes no sense. I think you're naive if you believe these players don't use their social media to send a message. Happens all of the time.
    I think calling it naive is beying mild here...
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Apparently Paul George "liked" a post from a fan on Instagram that said "GO TO MIAMI." I'm not sure why players do these kinds of things, or why he specifically does. Is he trolling, is he serious, or is he just attention seeking? He knows that stuff gets noticed, and he has done it with several teams (Lakers, Celtics, Miami). I just don't get the mindset behind it when you know the situation that you are currently in.
    Paul clearly likes that fans want him on their team. Being a popular guy is important to him. Weather that be in Indiana, Miami, Boston or LA. He wants to be well liked and appreciates fans wanting him. I think maybe that shows more people should show their appreciation of having him here in Indy via Social media throughout the year. Try to do our part as fans like Utah fans did with Hayward. Might not make a difference but also might make a difference.

I'm surprised Sacramento hasn't entered the mix. It's not too far away from Fresno State, and they have the number 5 and number 10 picks in the draft, and a couple of other young pieces.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Yeah, of course they did. You think KP and PG are going to spitball ideas to improve the Pacers with Paul in Los Angeles or something?
    Well, he could ask for a trade, that wouldn't be the first time it's happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Well, he could ask for a trade, that wouldn't be the first time it's happened before.
    Or he could just not stay for 2 hours talking about moves the Pacers need to make when he has no intensions to stay.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post: