Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trading Paul George to Lakers or Celtics aren't only options for limited Pacers

Default Re: Trading Paul George to Lakers or Celtics aren't only options for limited Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would rather let PG expire! TJ contract and junk! Nah.
    IF Pritchard decides no matter what he does PG is leaving then just trade him to Golden State for Klay Thompson. For another title shot for GS, that would be appealing to both sides. Either you get something in return or just play out the year and see what happens.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

2. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Trading Paul George to Lakers or Celtics aren't only options for limited Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    so of Lillard and McCollum are part of the Big 3 the hell are they trading for PG?
    Well there's zero percent chance they're trading either of those 2 guys for PG but they have picks 15, 20 & 26 this year & plenty of other players on their roster that have value. Plenty of options. Those picks are sexy. If these mocks play out like they normally do I would rather be picking 18-26 than 10-17 unless you "reach" which I think more teams should do. You look back at any draft & do a redraft & you'll have guys in the 20s who shoulda went in the lottery. Thon Maker was projected to go late 1st / 2nd round last year according to all the experts, I was hoping we'd take him @ 22....but Milwaukee took him 10th. People thought they were crazy but it was far from it

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    gotta make the money, and NTC, work, but Melo's readily available if they can sell him on it. no disillusions that he'd take us anywhere but maybe the 2nd round, but he wouldn't cost much in terms of assets and when it doesn't work he can walk next summer just like PG. think that's the kinda move PG would get off on.
    I do not want Melo here & we'd probably be 27th on his list of teams he'd sign off for via trade. If you're commenting on what I said I was just using Melo as an example comparing him to PG's situation & how fans would have traded picks/players to guarantee Melo for 1 year + possibly more to our 2013 ECF team

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

I think Portland is going to make a run, a team TBD & also LA....who I believe will end up offering us the 28th + Randle & Clarkson for PG. I think we should take that deal. Lakers will keep their #2 overall, they don't need pick 28, Randle is going to be a RFA next summer, which they likely let go & then you've got Clarkson who isn't a major loss for them with Lonzo coming in & they still have Russell & Ennis.

Jordan Clarkson finally gives us a staple @ backup pg who can put the ball in the basket off the bench.
    Julius Randle becomes our starting PF of the future & alongside Myles you've got a nice young front court.
    Pick 28 has value.

Pritchard could keep 18 & 28 or maybe try & packaging both picks to move up to say #11 for a certain player or something. Or you could trade one of the picks & Monta to dump his ***....BKN?
    Last edited by I Love P; 05-31-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    I do not want Melo here & we'd probably be 27th on his list of teams he'd sign off for via trade. If you're commenting on what I said I was just using Melo as an example comparing him to PG's situation & how fans would have traded picks/players to guarantee Melo for 1 year + possibly more to our 2013 ECF team
    just reminded me of him, not necessarily commenting on it. really do think getting Melo here would 1) do next to nothing for us, and 2) make PG think "oh man, KP's serious"

Sports Logo

I don't care what anyone says, few come to mind on this forum, but there will be *at least* one team out of 29 that is willing to take a "gamble" & trade the Pacers some assets for Paul George.

I would love to go back to the summer of 2012 right after we got knocked out of the ECF & post a poll to ask PD if we had the chance to trade some 1st round draft picks & a player or two for a 1-year Carmelo Anthony who "made it clear" he just wanted to win, like PG, (27/28 years old @ the time who was an All-Star *pretend he had 1 year left on a contract*). I'll bet 100% of you would have said yes. We go in 2012-2013 with G3, Melo, PG, West, Roy, Lance & we might get past Miami in ECF....and who knows maybe Melo resigns here because we were so close to a title.

That's what a team is gonna do with PG. Pritchard just needs to be smart & deal him & not risk him walking next summer. Portland is a team I can see offering a legitimate offer with their 3 1st round picks & players. CJ McCullum has made it public he wants PG this summer via trade. Lillard, McCullum, PG is a nice Big 3 & I can see Paul liking it there.
    Personally, I wish you would have used a different player for the example, lol. Melo always have that cloud over his head about whether or not a team can win with him.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Personally, I wish you would have used a different player for the example, lol. Melo always have that cloud over his head about whether or not a team can win with him.
    Lol....Well I just Googled 2012 NBA All-Star & the East photo popped up. Only real options were Melo, Iggy, Deng or Pierce. Melo's age added up & back 5 years ago I don't see many teams, or better yet PD, saying no to him.

Sports Logo

As a side note, I think everyone missed the point of the Melo post....

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Sports Logo

Lol....Well I just Googled 2012 NBA All-Star & the East photo popped up. Only real options were Melo, Iggy, Deng or Pierce. Melo's age added up & back 5 years ago I don't see many teams, or better yet PD, saying no to him.
    Lol. I knew what you was trying to convey though. I would pull that trade for Paul Pierce though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Lol. I knew what you was trying to convey though. I would pull that trade for Paul Pierce though.
    And you'd be the Brooklyn Nets right now. Pierce woulda came in here @ 35 years old. Melo @ 28 years old. That's why I used Melo because PG is 27 right now. Closet All-Star at time in age. It's not this confusing. But I'm out.
    Last edited by I Love P; 05-31-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Sports Logo

And you'd be the Brooklyn Nets right now. Pierce woulda came in here @ 35 years old. Melo @ 28 years old. That's why I used Melo because PG is 27 right now. Closet All-Star at time in age. It's not this confusing. But I'm out.
    I'm tripping...I forgot about the age part of the equation.

http://www.nba.com/allstar/2012/players/

Well, if I had my choice, and we're pulling from the 7th or 8th seed (Dallas, Utah, 76ers, NYK) of 2012 respectively, give me Iggy .

I wouldn't put it past Sacramento to offer the 5th and 10th pick for PG without a commitment. They are probably the worst run team in the league. Other than that, try to improve the team and evaluate the situation at the trade deadline. Boston may feel compelled to do anything to beat Cleveland and offer the 2018 pick.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eldubious For This Useful Post:

I would trade PG to Boston for the 2018 Brooklyn pick which may be #1 and that would mean Michael Porter. I would also let Teague walk and tank the **** out of this upcoming season to get two top 5 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    I would trade PG to Boston for the 2018 Brooklyn pick which may be #1 and that would mean Michael Porter. I would also let Teague walk and tank the **** out of this upcoming season to get two top 5 picks.
    I'm the most anti tank fan. I've posted often about enjoying going to all the games for years rooting for eeking into playoffs even in murphlevy years and believing in a culture of winning and drafting well outside of top 5 picks and getting Danny, Roy, PG, Lance, etc.

I also think keeping PG and convincing him to stay is a safer risk than a draft pick, because the draft is a crapshoot even in top 5.

But your post is the most compelling argument I've heard for both views against mine. Trading PG and tanking for 2 top 5 picks to team with Turner is very intriguing. Of course, you could end up with Flynn and Rubio like the Twolves did with the 5th and 6th pick in 09, but if you nail those picks?

I still am anti this plan, but I'm tempted here.

Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    I wouldn't put it past Sacramento to offer the 5th and 10th pick for PG without a commitment. They are probably the worst run team in the league. Other than that, try to improve the team and evaluate the situation at the trade deadline. Boston may feel compelled to do anything to beat Cleveland and offer the 2018 pick.
    Vlade gave himself a 2 or 3 year window, 1 of the 2, and said if he doesn't have it turned around he'd walk. How long can you draft inside the top 10? Eventually enough is enough....so that would be nice, give Pritchard those picks to work with. I would also like to see Skal Labissierre here or WCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    That Nets 2018 1st will be a lottery pick but it'll be outside the top 6-7. That pick isn't nearly as valuable as the 2017 Nets pick back in February. Larry screwed that up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That Nets 2018 1st will be a lottery pick but it'll be outside the top 6-7. That pick isn't nearly as valuable as the 2017 Nets pick back in February. Larry screwed that up.
    What makes you think that the Nets will be demonstrably better next year?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    What makes you think that the Nets will be demonstrably better next year?
    Mainly Jeremy Lin....if he stays healthy for 70-80+ games. Plenty of other reasons too but he's the one that leads & runs that team. Totally different team with/without Lin. Just check their W/L's with/without him this season.

RHJ, LeVert, Kilpatrick, Booker all returning and that's a solid core along with Lin & they still have Brook Lopez who is always going to give you 20+ ppg with the added 3-point shot. That's a nice trading chip if they want to use it. Joe Harris is a deadly shooter & Justin Hamilton, also. Backup pg Spencer Dinwiddie showed he can play in the NBA late this season. Quincy Acy, who would be perfect here, is a young piece too who can also surprisingly enough shoot from distance. All of these guys will improve. Brooklyn also has hella cap space....they will be able to make noise this summer, my guess is they'll land someone like Otto Porter. Nets also have 2 1st round picks in the 20s....they've shown the last couple of drafts they can find talent in the 20s. They have a really good young coach in Kenny Atkinson.

Finally, pride. They saw what happened to their 1st round pick this year. They will be motivated from the get-go to insure Boston isn't picking #1 again next June. People are already saying the Nets-Celtics trade is the worst NBA trade of all time. Imagine if BOS picks #1 again next June or even top 3-5. Could end up being the worst move in sports history. Not happening. Buy stock in the Nets over total victories in Vegas. My guess is it'll be 24-25.5, take the O & thank me next April.
    Last edited by I Love P; 06-01-2017 at 02:10 AM.

Sports Logo

I think Portland is going to make a run, a team TBD & also LA....who I believe will end up offering us the 28th + Randle & Clarkson for PG. I think we should take that deal. Lakers will keep their #2 overall, they don't need pick 28, Randle is going to be a RFA next summer, which they likely let go & then you've got Clarkson who isn't a major loss for them with Lonzo coming in & they still have Russell & Ennis.

Jordan Clarkson finally gives us a staple @ backup pg who can put the ball in the basket off the bench.
    Julius Randle becomes our starting PF of the future & alongside Myles you've got a nice young front court.
    Pick 28 has value.

Pritchard could keep 18 & 28 or maybe try & packaging both picks to move up to say #11 for a certain player or something. Or you could trade one of the picks & Monta to dump his ***....BKN?
    I'd rather just go "All In" with PG13 for one season than take Randle, Clarkson and the #28 pick. That's garbage value for PG13.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mainly Jeremy Lin....if he stays healthy for 70-80+ games. Plenty of other reasons too but he's the one that leads & runs that team. Totally different team with/without Lin. Just check their W/L's with/without him this season.

RHJ, LeVert, Kilpatrick, Booker all returning and that's a solid core along with Lin & they still have Brook Lopez who is always going to give you 20+ ppg with the added 3-point shot. That's a nice trading chip if they want to use it. Joe Harris is a deadly shooter & Justin Hamilton, also. Backup pg Spencer Dinwiddie also showed he can play in the NBA late this season. All of these guys will improve. Brooklyn also has hella cap space....they will be able to make noise this summer, my guess is they'll land someone like Otto Porter. Nets also have 2 1st round picks in the 20s....they've shown the last couple of drafts they can find talent in the 20s. They have a really good young coach in Kenny Atkinson.

Finally, pride. They saw what happened to their 1st round pick this year. They will be motivated from the get-go to insure Boston isn't picking #1 again next June.
    Lin is not a difference maker. Depending on him to be healthy AND the be the main reason the Nets win games when he's a borderline starter spells another top 5 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    Lin is not a difference maker. Depending on him to be healthy AND the be the main reason the Nets win games when he's a borderline starter spells another top 5 pick.
    You don't know then....which is understandable.
    Last edited by I Love P; 06-01-2017 at 02:28 AM.

You don't know then....which is understandable.
    I know. Other issue, say they trade Lopez for a pick.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Pick 28 has value.

agggghhhhhh, I swear I would rather let PG walk for free, than have the Lakers send us that *** sandwich in return. 3 average players don't equal one great player. If Lakers want to keep the #2 pick, then f them and they can hope PG signs on his own
    Sittin on top of the world!

I don't want to trade Paul but there is almost now way that the Nets climb that much next year. I can't see them getting out of the bottom 3.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

One thing that I would like to point out, that people seem to be forgetting or missing.

Pritchard said in his press conference that he had talked to Paul for an hour or longer about how to improve the Pacers. Every scenario had Paul staying. Now if they talked for and hour, I guarantee names were thrown around about who to try and get in the off season either via trade or free agency. There also may have been some names thrown around about who we would like to get rid of.

In my opinion, Pritchard has some guys that he and Paul agree on going after and he thinks we have a shot at. I think Pritchard will wait until he feels like he can not get the guy(s) they want before he trades Paul. Obviously if he gets they guy(s) he wants, he'll keep Paul.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sav For This Useful Post: