Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 176

Thread: Awards a farce?

  1. #26
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe he just likes xxx-rated movies about extra terrestials?
    ET: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut? I smell sequel!

  2. #27
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,346

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by eai2l
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You hate this kid so much you just personally insulted me.
    Three things here.

    1. No one hates him.
    2. He is not a kid but a young man who has a hard time being civil on this board at times.
    3. He would have received most fanatical, too bad he has a hard time controlling that part when it comes to this board.

  3. #28
    eai2l
    Guest

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...and the other 9 turned out to be him, or a friend letting him use their account.

    Why this sudden pro-Sassan agenda?
    Ok, that's your word and there is no way to really validate that.

    Why a pro-Sassan post? It isn't about him, it is how I feel this board has sometimes turned to and reading the most fanatical poster thread his name came up to my mind and I have heard all the reasons he was banned before but I remember the last time he posted he was just homerish, not personally insulting and he was banned.

    This is ny account, run my ip for all you want. I don't want to be called his name one more time.

    As for those other posters, they have decided to go back to the i.s. forums.

  4. #29
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ET: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut? I smell sequel!
    Too bad John Holmes is dead...He would've been perfect. How about Dirk Diggler in the lead?!

    Great title, by the way....You should be in Hollywood.

  5. #30
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    And their names are?

    If this is all you're here to do, I don't know why you lurk to begin with; it's obviously not your kind of place.

    I don't want to be called his name one more time.
    Sounds angry.

  6. #31
    eai2l
    Guest

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Unbelievable. You have just shifted the issue about the awards and Sassan to me. Now you are blaming me of being him because I disagree with some things and felt it was unfair how he was treated. You wonder why people don't speak out more because this is how they would be treated. As I said, trace my ip and then come and give me a public apology.

    As for those posters, it isn't my place to say their names. Go to is forums and find out for your selves.

  7. #32
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by eai2l
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unbelievable. You have just shifted the issue about the awards and Sassan to me. Now you are blaming me of being him because I disagree with some things and felt it was unfair how he was treated. You wonder why people don't speak out more because this is how they would be treated. As I said, trace my ip and then come and give me a public apology.

    As for those posters, it isn't my place to say their names. Go to is forums and find out for your selves.
    Not too hard to go to someone else's PC and be running on a different IP. That proves nothing.

    If it isn't your place to name name's, it isn't your place to use them in an argument. Any statement made as fact that can't be substantiated is a waste of time.

    If you want a public apology, here's one: I'm sorry I've wasted fifteen minutes of my life reading, posting, and replying to this pointless thread.

  8. #33
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,669

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I drive from Chicago to Indy regularly, and I met Anthem at a game and he lives in Las Vegas.

    So I'd say there is more than one fanatic on this board.

    In fact, I'd say most of us are fanatical Pacers fans.
    Apparently, because I choose to use my money to pay my bills and attend school, I'm less of a Pacers fan than Sassan.

    And, despite that, I still attended 3 Pacers playoff games this season, even when I had to borrow money to pay my rent on a couple of occasions. But, I guess I'm not committed ENOUGH, because I SHOULD spend my $$$ on EVERY game and just live on the local city park bench, nevermind acquiring an education.

  9. #34
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by eai2l
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unbelievable. You have just shifted the issue about the awards and Sassan to me.
    Fair enough. But you still haven't explained what your original point was. Any registered member was free to nominate any other registered member of the board. You hadn't yet joined the board when we made the nominations, but we did them. If you'd have been here you could have nominated any other poster on the board.

    So the real problem is that you were late, not that we shut you out.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  10. #35
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,669

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by eai2l
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unbelievable. You have just shifted the issue about the awards and Sassan to me. Now you are blaming me of being him because I disagree with some things and felt it was unfair how he was treated. You wonder why people don't speak out more because this is how they would be treated. As I said, trace my ip and then come and give me a public apology.

    As for those posters, it isn't my place to say their names. Go to is forums and find out for your selves.
    You sound just like Sassan, whether you intend to or not. The e-mail addy certainly doesn't help. It looks to me like you're trying to start a controversy here by leading us to believe you're Sassan, whether you are or not. Why the Sassanesque e-mail address?

    Nobody has fully accused you of being Sassy, or you'd have been banned by now. So this "apology" stuff is ridculous, to say the least. At the very least, you look like a troll trying to bait us, get an apology, and then go gloat about it. Not gonna happen. If you don't like it, the door is open.

  11. #36
    eai2l
    Guest

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    I wasn't talking about the money issue i was talking about the time commitment and dedication. I don't think anyone could deny that. If I was young and had that opportunity, I would count my blessings.

  12. #37
    Member Vicious Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,207

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    I'm sorry to be a thickie, but what am I missing here? Why do people care about Sassan?


    I think its clear that banning him was the right thing to do, he was out of line too many times.

    Why is this thread heading towards three pages? The new guy (be he Sassan, or be he not) wants Sassan to be listed as a "most fanatical", but its not going to happen, right? Why is this being discussed?

    I'm not trying to be shi++y, I just really don't understand.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

  13. #38
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by eai2l
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unbelievable. You have just shifted the issue about the awards and Sassan to me. Now you are blaming me of being him because I disagree with some things and felt it was unfair how he was treated. You wonder why people don't speak out more because this is how they would be treated. As I said, trace my ip and then come and give me a public apology.
    First of all, I apologized on page 1. I also explained why I don't totally believe you yet, but all the same I apologized in case I was wrong, and I stand by the apology. Secondly, Sassan posted under a bunch of seperate, unique IP addresses, so that does not prove or disprove anything; as it might with a lot of people.

    As for those posters, it isn't my place to say their names. Go to is forums and find out for your selves.
    Uh huh.

  14. #39
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,851

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is this thread heading towards three pages?

    I think people are just killing time while waiting for that totally tubular scooter picture.......I hear it's one bad motor scooter.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  15. #40
    eai2l
    Guest

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair enough. But you still haven't explained what your original point was. Any registered member was free to nominate any other registered member of the board. You hadn't yet joined the board when we made the nominations, but we did them. If you'd have been here you could have nominated any other poster on the board.

    So the real problem is that you were late, not that we shut you out.
    I bet some people nominated him.

    My point was you guys are losing quality people running this board how you do. This forum lately has been dead. IS forums often time have been more interesting but I like to be on both.

    Shade, my email is my email address. The burden shouldn't be on me having to prove i'm not someone i'm not. As I said, continiously monitor my ip activity for all I care. You guys have treated me in a low light so don't wonder why you are losing valuable members who post.

  16. #41
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry to be a thickie, but what am I missing here? Why do people care about Sassan?


    I think its clear that banning him was the right thing to do, he was out of line too many times.

    Why is this thread heading towards three pages? The new guy (be he Sassan, or be he not) wants Sassan to be listed as a "most fanatical", but its not going to happen, right? Why is this being discussed?

    I'm not trying to be shi++y, I just really don't understand.
    I think we're all as confused as you.

    Why 3 pages? Well Sassan's threads seemed to find a way of growing quickly. As he liked to boast as a reason for "re-instatement", he does get people talking. Of course, he failed to mention that it was negative commentary.

    You're 100% correct that this is a non-issue. The nominations are in, and were weeks ago, and most importantly they're not meant to be taken seriously at all; this is just a fun thing I do on the side at the end of the season. It's nothing more than that. I don't think anyone has a problem understanding that except this new guy. If he even is a new guy.

  17. #42
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by eai2l
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet some people nominated him.

    My point was you guys are losing quality people running this board how you do. This forum lately has been dead. IS forums often time have been more interesting but I like to be on both.

    Shade, my email is my email address. The burden shouldn't be on me having to prove i'm not someone i'm not. As I said, continiously monitor my ip activity for all I care. You guys have treated me in a low light so don't wonder why you are losing valuable members who post.
    If you can't or won't even mention names, that argument is incredibly weak and ineffective, so please stop wasting our time with it.

    And as you've ignored the first few times Shade and I have mentioned it, yet AGAIN you sound like Sassan, whether you realize it or not. Care to explain the more than incidental similarities?

    Finally, why are you still here? You obviously have a problem with PD and those that populate it, so why not leave us and our dwindling population to fade into nothingness, as you've so convincingly suggested we are?

  18. #43
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,346

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by eai2l
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so don't wonder why you are losing valuable members
    I hope to speak for all the guys who post here. We have no desire to lose our valuable members.

  19. #44
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Anthem, Sassan got nominated, but banned members are disqualified.

  20. #45
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,051

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    I do believe it's EARL SASSAN!

  21. #46
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,669

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by eai2l
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet some people nominated him.

    My point was you guys are losing quality people running this board how you do. This forum lately has been dead. IS forums often time have been more interesting but I like to be on both.

    Shade, my email is my email address. The burden shouldn't be on me having to prove i'm not someone i'm not. As I said, continiously monitor my ip activity for all I care. You guys have treated me in a low light so don't wonder why you are losing valuable members who post.
    This forum has not been "dead." It has slowed down, due to the offseason, like it always does.

    Sure, IS has more activity. The troll count there is astonishing. There will always be activity due to that.

    The e-mail address has to be one hell of a weird coincidence, you have to admit that.

  22. #47
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    I still don't buy the "losing valuable members" comments. Talk has died around here because the season is over. We even had some of those said valuable members say "goodbye, see you next season". Anyone that's a valuable member here I'm positive would have spoken out about WHY they were leaving, if they really were.

    Once again going under the theory this guy might be Sassan, I'll mention he always thought he was some vital member of this forum, so he's probably just referring to himself.

  23. #48
    Member Vicious Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,207

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    After consulting the Bible for an idea of how to handle this, I suggest we cut Earl (eai21) in half. Sassan can have one half and PD the other.

    Fair?
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

  24. #49
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,051

    Default Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This forum has not been "dead." It has slowed down, due to the offseason, like it always does.

    Sure, IS has more activity. The troll count there is astonishing. There will always be activity due to that.

    The e-mail address has to be one hell of a weird coincidence, you have to admit that.

    It's not a coincidence. When something smells like a duck, looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and sounds like a duck, for all intents and purposes it is a duck. It's Sassan!

  25. #50
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Talking Re: Awards a farce?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After consulting the Bible for an idea of how to handle this, I suggest we cut Earl (eai21) in half. Sassan can have one half and PD the other.

    Fair?
    Is there a mod/hack for this with vBulletin, able?!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •