Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Awards a farce?

eai2l

Default Awards a farce?

I remember from back in the day when a young man in PFFL (what happened to him) used to run the awards on indystar. I have been lurken on here and indystar for a while but indystar has turned into a troll infested forum by Detroit fans.

Let me get to my point. I love the forum here and I thank Hicks for allowing a forum for Pacer fans but it seems like this forum has become "politicized" and I know some former posters this has turned off from posting.

I used to follow the forum awards on indystar.com but what I loved about their forum awards was that more people were involved and it came from the bottom of people's hearts. To be honest, when I think of fanatical I think of Sassan. When I read the nominees, I thought it was a joke. Who else do we know who flies city to city to watch Pacer games regularly or to give Reggie Miller a $700 pen? People are reluctant to say this because of how this forum has turned into a "politization" of who is right or wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if this was deleted but I just want you people to know I am not a troll but a 44 year old long distance Pacer fan.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Awards a farce?

Its not our fault sassan got himself banned.

Sassan didn't get nominated because of some conspiracy, he didn't get nominated because he WASN'T HERE.....

I don't understand your question. You can't vote for banned posters, its pretty cut and dry.

None of the mods here should have to apologize for setting reasonable rules of conduct. This isn't a zoo, like RATS.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

If I didn't know better, I'd think it was Sassan back from the dead (for the 89th time).

Kstat saved me from saying the rest.

As of 3:45 there were 1,645 registered posters here on Pacers digest. About 60 members vote in the awards. There are 48 members here that have made over a thousand posts.

Sixty or forty-eight, most of us know each others opinions, the awards are just for fun.

eai2l

My point is that it should not be so cut and dry. I used to be one of those lurkers who wouldn't post until this forum made registration required to view this forum. I am originally from Indy so those are my roots.

If you remember I was talking about the politization of this forum. In a way, t is is why the young little fella is banned. He used to be obnoxious at times but when he was back he was fine. I wouldn't compare him to that kid who only liked the Pacers (wasnt his other favorite team the Magic?) to get armbands etc. We need our good posters have one more chance and for them not to be lumped together .

Quote Originally Posted by eai2l
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need our good posters have one more chance and for them not to be lumped together .
    When they can't get along with people they are not good posters. As for another chance Sassan is going to start his own board.

And then he will ban everyone that doesn't agree with him and have two members.

He was hardly "fine" whenever he was given his Xth chance. If you don't know why, I'll let someone else explain it; I've had to talk about it as much or more than anyone the past year.

If this forum is too "political" for you, you don't have to participate if it's not to your liking; and it isn't for everyone so I understand.

eai2l

All i'm saying it's ironic how a Piston fan has taken over a Pacer board and if anti-Pacer talk is sometimes allowed why not allow some homerism.

All I am saying is some of you may fear is that some of the radical stuff he says may resonate with some people and not surprisingly most people want him back. It's cool if he opens up his own site.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What Piston fan has taken over? I missed that memo.

Its funny. Sometimes we're labeled as a bunch of cheerleaders that don't tolerate disagreement, and other times we're labeled as a bunch of Pacer haters that don't tolerate disagreement. The truth lies somewhere in the middle and we're tolerant of anyone that can engage in civil discussion/ debate.

EDIT -

I'm curious who the "former posters" are. Names?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

There are homers here. Have been since day 1. The people that get booted are the ones who can't accept others opinions (and take it further by accusing racism to those that don't agree with them), talk only in extremes, and spam these thoughts down everyone's throat every day.

Care to guess which user I'm referring to?

This guy sounds almost EXACTLY like Sassan. Using the "former posters" routine, but not giving names, then taking shots at "Piston fan" and talking about how "most posters want him back." The only difference is that the vocabulary seems a little more "advanced" than Sass's.

I was in Sassan's corner far more often than not, but he blew his chance again and again. He can't engage in civil conversation without accusing everyone of "sipping the Hatorade." I have nothing against the guy personally, and hear he's actually a good person IRL. Too bad he couldn't conduct himself in the same manner online.

eai2l

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    There are homers here. Have been since day 1. The people that get booted are the ones who can't accept others opinions (and take it further by accusing racism to those that don't agree with them), talk only in extremes, and spam these thoughts down everyone's throat every day.

Care to guess which user I'm referring to?
    Jay, who's we? Most posters on here I love. I think it is a small %.

Hicks, I don't recall he used racism on here. I would like to see that. I don't think its fair to say what he said on indystar is the same as this board. I just don't think it's fair how double standards are used. If things were fair on both sides of the aisle, diamond dave and skaut eh would be banned and would have absolutely no problems with the bannings but when things are unfair I like to point it out so us Pacer fans can stop fighting with each other.

Hicks, I don't recall he used racism on here. I would like to see that.
    I didn't say he used racism. I said he accused racism. In other words, called others racist.

I don't think its fair to say what he said on indystar is the same as this board. I just don't think it's fair how double standards are used.
    Once again you make me think this just IS Sassan pretending he's someone else. No one brought up what he said on IS until you just did.

If you go across the street and call someone names, don't be surprised when you cross the street back over to his house and he doesn't want anything to do with you.

If things were fair on both sides of the aisle, diamond dave and skaut eh would be banned and would have absolutely no problems with the bannings but when things are unfair I like to point it out so us Pacer fans can stop fighting with each other.
    That is a joke.

And once again you sound like Sassan, or his twin. I'm starting to think you are him, and if so you desperately need to get a life. You were banned, you need to accept it, and stop trying to post on this board several different ways (new usernames, using others' accounts, having buddies post your messages for you as a favor, etc) constantly, while at the same time begging to get back in. All that did was destroy any shot of getting a 1253rd chance in the future.

eai2l

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This guy sounds almost EXACTLY like Sassan. Using the "former posters" routine, but not giving names, then taking shots at "Piston fan" and talking about how "most posters want him back." The only difference is that the vocabulary seems a little more "advanced" than Sass's.

I was in Sassan's corner far more often than not, but he blew his chance again and again. He can't engage in civil conversation without accusing everyone of "sipping the Hatorade." I have nothing against the guy personally, and hear he's actually a good person IRL. Too bad he couldn't conduct himself in the same manner online.
    Ok, am I now the 10th person in the last two weeks to be accused of being him? If someone disagrees, it seems like they are accused of being Sassan.

Even before the season ended, less and less posters have been on this forum.

"We" meant PD, as a whole.

I must be clueless, what in the world have Skaut and Diamond Dave done?

I've been on the receiving end of Sassan's (I think) racist allegations. I believe those posts were cleaned up so that we wouldn't have to keep looking at it. And whomever stole RM8325's ID (rumored to be Sassan) also threw racist allegations at me and others.

For the record Jay, it's not a rumor.

Ok, am I now the 10th person in the last two weeks to be accused of being him? If someone disagrees, it seems like they are accused of being Sassan.

Even before the season ended, less and less posters have been on this forum.
    ...and the other 9 turned out to be him, or a friend letting him use their account.

Why this sudden pro-Sassan agenda?

Still interested in hearing who the "former posters" are.

If this forum is too "political" for you, you don't have to participate if it's not to your liking; and it isn't for everyone so I understand.
    Amen to this statement!

It never ceases to amaze me that people ***** and complain about what goes on here BUT THEY CONTINUE TO COME HERE.

It's not too hard to keep from getting banned around here....All you have to do is be a respectful human being that can accept the fact that others may have differing opinions and be pretty eloquent at stating them. Civilized discussion, agreeing or disagreeing, is what this place is all about.

This place has not been politicized (if you want the correct spelling).

I guess I'm as much to blame as anybody; I get SO friggin' tired of reading threads of this subject, but here I am, reading and responding anyway....

eai2l

I didn't say he used racism. I said he accused racism. In other words, called others racist.

Once again you make me think this just IS Sassan pretending he's someone else. No one brought up what he said on IS until you just did.

If you go across the street and call someone names, don't be surprised when you cross the street back over to his house and he doesn't want anything to do with you.

That is a joke.

And once again you sound like Sassan, or his twin. I'm starting to think you are him, and if so you desperately need to get a life. You were banned, you need to accept it, and stop trying to post on this board several different ways (new usernames, using others' accounts, having buddies post your messages for you as a favor, etc) constantly, while at the same time begging to get back in. All that did was destroy any shot of getting a 1253rd chance in the future.
    Why the hell are you getting so personal with me ? You owe me and apology. My name is Earl and I have never met the kid. I have been browsing indystar forum for the last two years and this forum for about six months regularly so what's wrong with expressing my views and how I feel? You hate this kid so much you just personally insulted me.

eai2l's email: xxxetxxx@yahoo.com . Hmm. Who else liked to put XX's in front and behind their username?

Combine that with the fact that he came here just to defend him, and he talks like him.

Why the hell are you getting so personal with me ? You owe me and apology. My bame is Earl and I have never met the kid. I have been browsing indystar forum for the last two years and this forum for about six months regularly so what's wrong with expressing my views and how I feel? You hate this kid so much you just personally insulted me.
    Now it's definitely starting to sound more and more like Sassan. "You owe me an apology?" Where have we heard THAT one before.

If you're not Sassan, then you're a hell of an imitator, whether you're intending to be or not.

And how about those "former posters?"

When I read the nominees, I thought it was a joke. Who else do we know who flies city to city to watch Pacer games regularly
    Well, I drive from Chicago to Indy regularly, and I met Anthem at a game and he lives in Las Vegas.

So I'd say there is more than one fanatic on this board.

In fact, I'd say most of us are fanatical Pacers fans.

Why the hell are you getting so personal with me ? You owe me and apology. My name is Earl and I have never met the kid. I have been browsing indystar forum for the last two years and this forum for about six months regularly so what's wrong with expressing my views and how I feel? You hate this kid so much you just personally insulted me.
    If you really are someone else, I am sorry. But I don't believe you right now. Even in this post you sound like Sassan "hate this kid so much" that's typical Sassan whine. Verbatim.

I don't hate Sassan, that's so extreme (and Sassan-like) of an overstatement it's absurd. I don't even have a big problem with him. The problems I have with him have been addressed here. Past that, he seems like a great person in real life, and can be online in pockets.

eai2l's email: xxxetxxx@yahoo.com . Hmm. Who else liked to put XX's in front and behind their username?

Combine that with the fact that he came here just to defend him, and he talks like him.

Maybe he just likes xxx-rated movies about extra terrestials?