Thread: Most Diserable 1st Round Opponent?

Artestaholic

Default Most Diserable 1st Round Opponent?

76ers - Revenge for them knocking us out 3 years ago. Ofcourse we did knock them out the previous 2 years

Cavs - 2 words, and you already know what they are: LeBron. James. This series would get huge tv coverage: EC's best team vs King James. NBA conspiracists might not like this one, since it would be all too set-up if "the Choosen One" and his team knocked off the #1 seed.

Celtics - REVENGE! Plus there's a guy named Bird who runs our team who use to be a pretty good player for these guys.

Heat - No good storylines. Brian Grant vs Jermaine O'Neal - Battle of the Ex-Blazers? :roll:

Knicks - Knicks vs Hicks, round 6. I wont even mention the word hick is a derogatory term near the same level as the "N" word and how ignorant people are for using it then being "outraged" at racism. Ofcourse I gurantee you I'm smarter AND better looking than 98% of NYCs population, so I'll save the 9/11 jokes for another day. Anyways, Knicks vs Hicks, Isiah vs Bird, Isiah vs His Old Team. It's always good to knock off the Knicks.

Raptors - No good storylines here either. Would be nice to kill all of Canadas NBA hopes and dreams though, and I'd love to see Ron give Vince "Artestmares". Or maybe he could just feel the "Artest Factor".
    OT: I "invented" the term the "Artest Factor" here a few months back, and I recently saw this Marc Stein guy use it in one of his Q&A's. Pretty damn flattering.

My order I'd like to see us play
    1. Cavs
    2. Knicks
    3. Celtics
    4. 76ers
    5. Raptors
    6. Heat

Default Re: Most Diserable 1st Round Opponent?

Most desirable first round spelling?

tdeltdot

Raptors - No good storylines here either. Would be nice to kill all of Canadas NBA hopes and dreams though

T., in Toronto

p.s. I'm no patriot, but why the vitriol?

Sports Logo

I guess the Knicks. I hate the Knicks and anytime we can step on them I will take it.

Cavs would be good because it would be on TNT rather than NBA TV.

Raptors you would have Ricks former assistant coaching against him in the playoffs.

Those would be the best story lines.

tdeltdot

I guess the Knicks. I hate the Knicks and anytime we can step on them I will take it.

Cavs would be good because it would be on TNT rather than NBA TV.

Raptors you would have Ricks former assistant coaching against him in the playoffs.

Those would be the best story lines.
    Most obviously, a Raptors-Pacers series would also have Jalen v. the Ps.

And if the rumors are true, it also looks like Kevin O'neill would be fighting to keep his job...
    (If he WERE to be fired, do you think he might return to Rick's side as an assistant?)

Sports Logo

haha Jalen Uh I doubt there is that much Jalen -v- the Pacers concern here. Now if it were Reggie

Anyway I feel bad for Kevin O'neal he has had bad luck in Toronto and he deserves another year. He is a good coach who just hasnt had the player to work with. Half man has been just that and now Jalen it out.

Oh well if he gets fired he might end up with the Hornets and that would be a lot better team for him.

I'll take any opportunity for redemption against the Knicks and their fans. There's some good story lines there too w/ IT and Bird. Maybe they'll show some of Reggie's heroics against the Knicks as well - just hope they don't show the LJ 4-pt play.

I don't care who we play...I want a SWWWWEEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!

4-0 Baby

Artestaholic

Remember how all these teams whipped up on a young Jordan and the Bulls in the playoffs? Then later on he KILLED all of these teams, like he held a grudge?
    You dont think if we play the Cavs and beat them, that that could happen to us do you? I'd hate for Austin Croshere to be this generations Craig Ehlo.

Tim

I'll take the path of least resistance in the first round. I think that would be the Heat.

I don't want any team with a strong point in the first round.