Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

  1. #1
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,276

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    37 points with 3 minutes to go.

    P.S. Bill Walton is an idiot.

  2. #2
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,276

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    97-93 Spurs with 26.4 to go.

  3. #3
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    How about that no-call by Bavetta? Amare pushes Parker to the ground at Bavetta's feet, and nothing.

    Worst ref ever.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  4. #4
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about that no-call by Bavetta? Amare pushes Parker to the ground at Bavetta's feet, and nothing.

    Worst ref ever.
    Yeah I saw that. What a *insert one of 72 possible curses that apply here*.

  5. #5
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I saw that. What a *insert one of 72 possible curses that apply here*.
    It wouldn't be totally unforgivable if he hadn't called a ticky-tack foul on TD a second later. Jackass.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  6. #6
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,276

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    As soon as my friend saw that Bavetta was reffing tonight, I told him SA would get nailed.

  7. #7
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Yeah, but they also "missed" Duncan's goal tending.

    Welp, once again, having the league's best record doesn't mean diddley-squat.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,226

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Dick Bavetta is always on a mission. pistons win game 1 against the heat. Dick Bavetta is reffing game two because the Miami can't go down 0-2.


    DICK BAVETTA IS AN OLD PR$CK WHO CAN'T REF IF HIS SENILE LIFE DEPENDED ON IT. I HATE THAT OLD A$$ HOL$. I remember that 6th game agaisnt the Knicks at MSG in the lockout shortened season. His mission that night was to make sure the series ended in MSG and did not go back to Conseco for a seventh game.

    Danny and Jerry Crawford are my two favourite refs.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dick Bavetta is always on a mission. pistons win game 1 against the heat. Dick Bavetta is reffing game two because the Miami can't go down 0-2.


    DICK BAVETTA IS AN OLD PR$CK WHO CAN'T REF IF HIS SENILE LIFE DEPENDED ON IT. I HATE THAT OLD A$$ HOL$. I remember that 6th game agaisnt the Knicks at MSG in the lockout shortened season. His mission that night was to make sure the series ended in MSG and did not go back to Conseco for a seventh game.

    Danny and Jerry Crawford are my two favourite refs.
    Thank God Bavetta's not reffing Game 5 in Miami. I'm not sure the Pistons will get a fair whistle regardless, but it helps that Bavetta won't be reffing the game.

  10. #10
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but they also "missed" Duncan's goal tending.

    Welp, once again, having the league's best record doesn't mean diddley-squat.
    Yep. Last year it was flashing in neon lights in front of my eyes, but this year has absolutely sold me on it: Home court means nothing if your team is a legit championship contender.

  11. #11
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,276

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dick Bavetta is always on a mission. pistons win game 1 against the heat. Dick Bavetta is reffing game two because the Miami can't go down 0-2.


    DICK BAVETTA IS AN OLD PR$CK WHO CAN'T REF IF HIS SENILE LIFE DEPENDED ON IT. I HATE THAT OLD A$$ HOL$. I remember that 6th game agaisnt the Knicks at MSG in the lockout shortened season. His mission that night was to make sure the series ended in MSG and did not go back to Conseco for a seventh game.

    Danny and Jerry Crawford are my two favourite refs.
    We don't talk about that "game" here...

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. Last year it was flashing in neon lights in front of my eyes, but this year has absolutely sold me on it: Home court means nothing if your team is a legit championship contender.
    You're right. When teams get this far, the team without homecourt advantage has to win at least TWO games on the road to win the series.

  13. #13
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Homecourt is extremely overrated

    The 1995 Rockets didn't have homecourt in ANY of the 4 series they won

    If you're depending on homecourt to win a title, you arent going that far.

  14. #14
    canyoufeelit
    Guest

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Stoudemire is better than any inside player in the East and most in the West - but he has not surpassed Duncan yet.

  15. #15
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,468

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Amare was getting calls all night and the last game. He pushed Ginobilli down on a screen and pushed Duncan down after a made basket. Not to mention the 2 charges he didn't get called against him in the 4th quarter last game. I guess he really has joined the fabled "superstar treatment" club. I like how hard he plays though. With a little more seasoning and a half court offense the Suns could be more dangerous next year.

  16. #16
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dick Bavetta is always on a mission. pistons win game 1 against the heat. Dick Bavetta is reffing game two because the Miami can't go down 0-2.


    DICK BAVETTA IS AN OLD PR$CK WHO CAN'T REF IF HIS SENILE LIFE DEPENDED ON IT. I HATE THAT OLD A$$ HOL$. I remember that 6th game agaisnt the Knicks at MSG in the lockout shortened season. His mission that night was to make sure the series ended in MSG and did not go back to Conseco for a seventh game.

    Danny and Jerry Crawford are my two favourite refs.

    Not to be a nitpick, but in the lockout shortened 1999 season, the Pacers were playing in their last season at Market Square Arena, not Conseco.

  17. #17
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,468

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're right. When teams get this far, the team without homecourt advantage has to win at least TWO games on the road to win the series.
    Don't forget the system goes to 2-3-2 for the finals. I hate it going that way because the road team only has to win one early to get a big advantage.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Amare reminds me a lot of Shawn Kemp in his prime. Kemp was a top 10 player (arguably top 5) in the mid 90s for about 3 or 4 years.

  19. #19
    canyoufeelit
    Guest

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amare reminds me a lot of Shawn Kemp in his prime. Kemp was a top 10 player (arguably top 5) in the mid 90s for about 3 or 4 years.
    Kemp NEVER scored like that.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,226

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Quote Originally Posted by canyoufeelit
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kemp NEVER scored like that.

    Kemp did his scoring off the court.

  21. #21
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,468

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amare reminds me a lot of Shawn Kemp in his prime. Kemp was a top 10 player (arguably top 5) in the mid 90s for about 3 or 4 years.
    He ment Amare was a prodigious BASKETBALL PLAYER, not prodigious procreator.

  22. #22
    canyoufeelit
    Guest

    Talking Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kemp did his scoring off the court.

  23. #23
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,525
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Amare is unbelievable offensively, how he always seems to get to the rim is amazing. He always has those surprising dunks, the ones that make you say "he didn't just do that, did he ?" but he keeps doing it.

    If he ever learns how to play a little bit of defense he'll be unreal. He shot blocking is pretty good, but his overall defense is horrid.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amare is unbelievable offensively, how he always seems to get to the rim is amazing. He always has those surprising dunks, the ones that make you say "he didn't just do that, did he ?" but he keeps doing it.

    If he ever learns how to play a little bit of defense he'll be unreal. He shot blocking is pretty good, but his overall defense is horrid.
    I'm sure he'll become a better defender in time. The scary part is that he'll only be 25 this season.

  25. #25
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Amare Stoudamire is a STUD

    Amare's never going to be a good defensive player so long as he plays center. He's fast, but he doesn't have the lower-body strength to match up against most true post players. He's a natural power forward, not a center.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •