Thread: I CAN'T BELIEVE Someone Could do this

Default I CAN'T BELIEVE Someone Could do this

...I really can't. I heard this on the radio on my way to work today and thought it was a joke. No...it is no joke and when I realized this I almost lost control of my car and crashed.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! I still can't believe this....

here...see for yourself

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wauk/may05/330256.asp

Default Re: I CAN'T BELIEVE Someone Could do this

Student driver crashes into house
    Driving lesson ends in destruction of garage, kitchen in Waukesha
    By DARRYL ENRIQUEZ and MELISSA WITTIG
    denriquez@journalsentinel.com
    Posted: May 31, 2005

A Waukesha couple's plans for a quiet summer came crashing down Tuesday when a student driver plowed a sport utility vehicle through their home, taking out its attached garage and most of its kitchen

"This is kind of devastating to see your garage and kitchen knocked down," homeowner Greg Hafeman said after seeing his gas stove, cabinets and countertops scattered across his backyard. "We're just glad nobody was injured."

Terry Hafeman, his wife, said the couple would remain in their home of 23 years after it is repaired.

"It looks like it'll be a lot of phone calls and paperwork," she said as an insurance adjuster arrived to survey the wreckage. "It was our first home, and I hope it will be our only home."

The crash at the home in the 1900 block of Empire Drive on Waukesha's east side happened shortly before 3 p.m. while the Hafemans were at work.

Neither Najiba Karimi, the 20-year-old driver, nor Robert Holt, the 60-year-old passenger who was teaching Karimi to drive, were injured. Both live in Waukesha.

Karimi is from Afghanistan. Holt said he sponsored Karimi's move to Waukesha through his church. Holt declined to discuss the incident further until the accident report is released by police within the next few days.

Wally Olinski, 75, witnessed the accident while loading his car in the driveway of his nearby home.

Olinski said he saw the Mercury sport utility vehicle driving slowly down the hill on Empire Drive, where it pulled over to practice parallel parking. He said the driver then "floored it," and the vehicle veered to the right and jumped the curb.

It sped up the hill of a neighboring home before plowing into the attached garage of the Hafemans' home. The vehicle rumbled through the kitchen, burst onto the patio and headed into a neighbor's yard.

The vehicle traveled about 50 yards before stopping against the rear of Anna Torres' home in the 1900 block of Cardinal Drive.

Gian Torres, her son, said he was watching television when he "heard a boom" at the back of his home. Torres said he found a man and young woman getting out of the vehicle, which suffered damage to its front end and windshield. City of Waukesha Fire Marshal Brian Charlesworth said responding firefighters were concerned about a gas leak, but the utilities were quickly turned off.

Firefighters used wooden beams to shore up the rear of the home to prevent it from collapsing.

Waukesha police Sgt. Jeff Fulwiler said the department's accident division will review the incident today to determine whether any traffic tickets would be issued.

The Waukesha Fire Department declared the home uninhabitable until repairs are made.

"I guess we'll be eating a lot of restaurant food, but that's OK," Terry Hafeman said.

Damn women drivers.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Damn women drivers.

Watch it there, Goldie......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Watch it there, Goldie......
    Watch it yourself. I might just pull a Tim on you at the next forum party.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's still not as bad as those stubborn senior citizens who can barely see their own hand in front of their faces and yet believe they have the ability to operate a vehicle. Of course, more often than not, they end up running into and killing someone vastly younger than them while they themselves barely get injured or penalized for it. If some old stubborn jackass ever injured (or, God forbid, killed) someone I cared about because of their stubborn refusal to step aside when they are obviously unable to operate a car, I would hunt them down and KILL them. No joke. The whole thing pisses me off like you wouldn't believe, and I'm a generally passive person. Stubborn idiots are my #1 pet peeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    It's still not as bad as those stubborn senior citizens who can barely see their own hand in front of their faces and yet believe they have the ability to operate a vehicle. Of course, more often than not, they end up running into and killing someone vastly younger than them while they themselves barely get injured or penalized for it. If some old stubborn jackass ever injured (or, God forbid, killed) someone I cared about because of their stubborn refusal to step aside when they are obviously unable to operate a car, I would hunt them down and KILL them. No joke. The whole thing pisses me off like you wouldn't believe, and I'm a generally passive person. Stubborn idiots are my #1 pet peeve.
    Yeah, but the real question is, does it **** you off as much as "not a problem"?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Yeah, but the real question is, does it **** you off as much as "not a problem"?

LOL, I say "not a problem" all the time.