With all the talk about David Harrison today, I thought we should ask the question.
In 3 to 7 years how good will Harrison be.
Prediction time. I suppose a poll might be in order, but that seems to squash discussion. Of course this assumes reasonably good health trough0ut his career.
Here are the possible choices. Of course you can add your own.
David Harrison will be:
1) An Allstar every year and even better than J.O. is right now.
2) The best starting center in the eastern conference, besides Shaq of course. A 2 to 3 time allstar. Will make Peck forget about Brad Miller forever
3) The Pacers starting center for several seasons, and a nice complement to the best player in the eastern conference, J.O.
4) The Pacers starting center, but most Pacer fans will always want someone better. and fans will always expect DH to be better.
5) The best backup center in the NBA, but won't be able to beat out Jeff Foster
6) A nice contributor, but someone who never lives up to his potential
7) Never any better than he is right now.
8) DH who. Will go down with the pacers long list of terrible centers, Stuart Gray, Gred Dreiling revisited.
I think those 8 choices about cover the range of possibilities.
My choice. While I am tempted to pick #5, I don't believe that, I predicted a few weeks back that DH will replace Foster in the starting lineup at some point next season. I'll stick to that, although it won't be easy to push Jeff aside.
But I'll go with choice #3, which I believe all of us would be more than satisfied with.
I'll be curious to see how many of you pick something other than #3.