Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN saying that Larry Brown is going to take the Cleveland team prez job...

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Post ESPN saying that Larry Brown is going to take the Cleveland team prez job...

I know this has been discussed but ESPN says it is now all but official. Take that for what you will...

Story link
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: ESPN saying that Larry Brown is going to take the Cleveland team prez job...

Good for us, bad for the Pistons, and bad for the Cavs.

Default Re: ESPN saying that Larry Brown is going to take the Cleveland team prez job...

I really don't understand Brown's motives of doing this during the season.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i'd rally like to know why nobody has heard anything from brown about this, and yet its supposedly a done deal.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by TruWarier
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't understand Brown's motives of doing this during the season.
    Supposedly the Cavs owner gave him a deadline.

Providing further proof that he's a d!ckhead.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

ImCrazyB

Brown is such an idiot.

I feel for Piston fans..And Clevland Fans. Mike Brown was a great addition to their staff..But putting Larry Brown at the GM spot is a horrible decision..The guy is an over-rated coach and a horrible GM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCrazyB
    Brown is such an idiot.

I feel for Piston fans..And Clevland Fans. Mike Brown was a great addition to their staff..But putting Larry Brown at the GM spot is a horrible decision..The guy is an over-rated coach and a horrible GM.

I don't feel sorry. Brown won us a championship. He has my blessing.

If you're going to feel sorry, feel sorry for Mike Brown. He's about to be under the biggest thumb in NBA history....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

A Brown-led Detroit team is scarier than a *insert name here*-led Detroit team anyday. This is 99.9% likely to work to our advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    I don't feel sorry. Brown won us a championship. He has my blessing.

If you're going to feel sorry, feel sorry for Mike Brown. He's about to be under the biggest thumb in NBA history....
    Yeah, Mike isn't likely to last long under Brown. Of course, neither are about 14 players on the current Cavs' roster.

canyoufeelit

This reminds me of what happened with Bill Parcells when he was in the Superbowl with the Patriots vs. the Packers in 1996 or whenever that was. They got compensation picks, the Pats owner thought it was a whole bunch of tampering, Bill Belichick called it "totally inappropriate", and needless to say they lost. I can see a similar scenario developing here

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    Supposedly the Cavs owner gave him a deadline.

Providing further proof that he's a d!ckhead.
    What an ***.

I agree with those saying Detroit isn't quite as scary now. Even if Flip does a good job there, he will never even approach Larry's level.

It's weird to think we will likely have the coaching advantage next time we meet.

I can't wait.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Yeah, Mike isn't likely to last long under Brown. Of course, neither are about 14 players on the current Cavs' roster.
    If players are about to be sent flying from Cleveland, I'd like for us to get Anderson.

I'm actually a little excited. Flip is the one guy thats ever developed an 18-year old 7-footer into a superstar. Well, unless you want to include Zeke.

Darko, anyone? I think Flip would be great for him. He's got experience with raw big men.

I'm actually a little excited. Flip is the one guy thats ever developed an 18-year old 7-footer into a superstar.

Darko, anyone? I think Flip would be great for him.
    He couldn't hurt.

PacersFan

I read that Cavs could be charged with tampering if the info about there being deadline for L.Brown is true since the Pistons' season is still running.

Here I found where I read it: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nba/index.html

"The Willoughby (Ohio) News-Herald, citing anonymous league sources, reported Sunday that Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert has informed Brown that he needed an answer by today. If true, the Cavaliers could be charged with tampering, since Brown has three years (and $18 million) left on his contract with the Pistons.
    -- Detroit News"

The guy is an over-rated coach
    That is a laughable comment. There are many things to criticize Larry Brown about, but he is a great, great basketball coach. Maybe you were too young to have followed the Pacers in the early 90's

I'm actually a little excited. Flip is the one guy thats ever developed an 18-year old 7-footer into a superstar.

Darko, anyone? I think Flip would be great for him.
    Does Darko have Garnett's passion/desire for the game?

I think Darko's future rests more in his hands, than that of any coach.

Note- An exception for Larry Brown, here. He didn't even give the guy a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan
    I read that Cavs could be charged with tampering if the info about there being deadline for L.Brown is true since the Pistons' season is still running.

Here I found where I read it: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nba/index.html

"The Willoughby (Ohio) News-Herald, citing anonymous league sources, reported Sunday that Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert has informed Brown that he needed an answer by today. If true, the Cavaliers could be charged with tampering, since Brown has three years (and $18 million) left on his contract with the Pistons.
    -- Detroit News"

No, because the Pistons gave the Cavs permission contact LB

ImCrazyB

Why does everyone think LB is such a coaching genious?

The dolt couldn't even make our Olympic team win and didn't give any of the best players any good PT. He coached a Pistons team that had its foundation set up the year before he arrived..The Pistons were destined to be a great team whether it be with Larry Brown or whoever they hired.

Even if there is a dead-line..You need to decline that if your team is currently on a championship run. LB could have just said, Thanks but No Thanks and requested that the Cavs wait til after the playoffs to handle this...Either way, I'd be pretty mad if I was a Piston fan.

i'd rally like to know why nobody has heard anything from brown about this, and yet its supposedly a done deal.
    This is exactly how his Kansas to San Antonio, San Antonio to LA, Indy to Philly, and Philly to Detroit moves went down. Substantiated rumours of leaving or flirting with the other team while still coaching the other team.

You shouldn't be shocked.

And for those whining about Brown's tendencies to bail, I'm not gonna go there. The man contributed too much to our rise from lottery regular/7th or 8th seed type team to one of the premier franchises in the league. Although he bailed on us in '97, he left us in far better shape than when he started.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Does Darko have Garnett's passion/desire for the game?

I think Darko's future rests more in his hands, than that of any coach.

Note- An exception for Larry Brown, here. He didn't even give the guy a chance.

That's my point.

How much passion for the game would YOU show, if you KNEW that no matter what you did, you were going to sit the bench for 2 years.

I just want someone to give darko a chance to sink of swim. Larry was holding his head under the pool with both hands.

Why does everyone think LB is such a coaching genious?

The dolt couldn't even make our Olympic team win and didn't give any of the best players any good PT. He coached a Pistons team that had its foundation set up the year before he arrived..The Pistons were destined to be a great team whether it be with Larry Brown or whoever they hired.

Even if there is a dead-line..You need to decline that if your team is currently on a championship run. LB could have just said, Thanks but No Thanks and requested that the Cavs wait til after the playoffs to handle this...Either way, I'd be pretty mad if I was a Piston fan.
    First of all, Larry's coaching takes 5-6 months to really work. he's not a quick-fix coach. He was a poor choice for the olympics.

ALso, notice how EVERY PLAYER ON THAT TEAM had a great season this year. As I said, his coaching takes time to pay off.

And its completely unfair to say larry was just along for the ride last year. He did an outstanding job integrating all those players together with rasheed.

I find it funny that you guys are all upset over this. I'm not. Larry did the job we asked him to do. ANybody that expected him to stay here is naive. I'll cheer him whenever he's at the palace.

ImCrazyB

That's my point.

How much passion for the game would YOU show, if you KNEW that no matter what you did, you were going to sit the bench for 2 years.

I just want someone to give darko a chance to sink of swim. Larry was holding his head under the pool with both hands.
    Darko should get some PT.

I remember a while back ESPN was making fun of him during the highlights about his career high of 7 points or so. I don't think they guy will be more than a productive bench player..but Flip will give him a chance to suceed.

ImCrazyB

First of all, Larry's coaching takes 5-6 months to really work. he's not a quick-fix coach. He was a poor choice for the olympics.

ALso, notice how EVERY PLAYER ON THAT TEAM had a great season this year. As I said, his coaching takes time to pay off.

And its completely unfair to say larry was just along for the ride last year. He did an outstanding job integrating all those players together with rasheed.

I find it funny that you guys are all upset over this. I'm not. Larry did the job we asked him to do. ANybody that expected him to stay here is naive.
    I guess that 5-6 month coaching time didn't work for the teams he had prior to the Pistons.

On a side note, If anyone deserves credit; It should be Dumars..He got Rasheed for nothing more then a bag of fugles and a shiny apple.

That's my point.

I was just hoping you had had an idea of it, being a Pistons fan.

I'm certainly not ready to close the book on Darko. If he has been working hard, and learning from LB the last couple years, he could be scary.