Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

  1. #1
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    He seemed to be quite uncontrollable last year (this season) and without someone like Brown to help control him (which wasn't usually successful as it were) will the Pacers try to package him in a trade? My opinion is that they will, though I don't know anything and haven't heard anything so it's just a gut feeling. Anyone else have the same feeling? Or disagree with that all together?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    Well, I think when it comes to Pacers players and controllability, Stephen Jackson is so far second as a concern that first isn't even in sight.

    Same thing with players the Pacers would look to deal, though my feeling is they'll try to hang onto the other player and hope he plays his trade value up - it sure can't get much lower.

    Jackson'll be OK - dealing with him isn't terribly complicated. When he gets too wound up you give him the NBA equivalent of a timeout.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  3. #3
    PacersFan
    Guest

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    I'm actually more worried about Jackson than Artest. With Artest he actually needs to be provoked before he reacts...so you have time to calm him down before he does something stupid (usually), but Jackson seems to have no self-control and reacts so quickly that nobody has time to go and stop him.

  4. #4
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    With the loss of Mike Brown, this has been my biggest concern as well. Not only Jackson, but some of the other guys as well.

    I'm not sure who managment is planning on bringing in, but I can only hope for a good player/coach relations guy, who can relate well with the guys. Kevin O'Neil sure didn't get along with his players too well in Toronto, and Carlisle isn't anything special in that department.

  5. #5
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,520
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    As the Pacers Starting 2 guard for next season, the same as if Brown was still here.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  6. #6
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackso

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see it as the exact opposite.

    Artest will snap at anything, and once he is gone he is really out of it (ala The Incredible hawk). I think Artest is the one who has no self control. Even when he tries to show he has self control (laying on the scorers table) he shows he doesnt have self control (going into the crowd)

    S-Jax has a temper, but he has to be provoked (a fight going on) in order to get involved.

    I dont agree with your assessment at all, in fact I think you have it backwards.
    so what ur saying is....if ben wallace gave a throat gouge to jax...jax would just slowly back away and remain relatively calm????...

    yea right....we would have seen a better fight than any hbo special if jax was the one instead of artest....

    there is no doubt artest has more composure on the court than jax...none...

    jax goes from zero to hundred instantaneously....ron has obviously made tremendous inroads in controlling himself on the floor...and that evening showed it...believe it or not

  7. #7
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,951

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackso

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see it as the exact opposite.

    Artest will snap at anything, and once he is gone he is really out of it (ala The Incredible hawk). I think Artest is the one who has no self control. Even when he tries to show he has self control (laying on the scorers table) he shows he doesnt have self control (going into the crowd)

    S-Jax has a temper, but he has to be provoked (a fight going on) in order to get involved.

    I dont agree with your assessment at all, in fact I think you have it backwards.
    I disagree. Ron has acted out at stupid things, but he's never reacted to the same thing twice. People forget he's only fought with a player once (Glenn Robinson in Chicago.)

    Ron walked away from Ben leading up to the brawl, while Jack was pulling out his jersey and looking for a fight. That's what he does every time there's even just the hint of a scuffle.

    The problem with Ron is he's unpredictable. Stupid stuff sets him off, like Pat Riley or the NY camera or Gregg Buckner. But most of the time he walks away. Jackson never walks away, which is a concern.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  8. #8
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    The difference is Jack is a flat-out hot head. Ron has impulse control problems, and is just plain weird at times. Case in point, he doesn't get in a fight over the throat push, but a beer sets him off. Another strange one I rememeber seeing was as a Bull, he just all of a sudden grabbed Glenn Robinson and tackled him to the floor. They were both standing waiting to rebound on a FT another player was taking. The ball didn't come near them IIRC, he just did that.

  9. #9
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    Move on, move on. Nothing to see here.

    I'm sure Pacer management has thought of these very things and the person who steps in will have similar characteristics as Brown did. Although, wouldn't hurt to have someone who could beat the living snot out of either of them if they get out of line.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  10. #10
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    Jack+Ron+JO=CHAMPIONSHIP.
    Believe that.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  11. #11
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,951

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackso

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Move on, move on. Nothing to see here.

    I'm sure Pacer management has thought of these very things and the person who steps in will have similar characteristics as Brown did. Although, wouldn't hurt to have someone who could beat the living snot out of either of them if they get out of line.
    [chant]Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, Chuck...[/chant]
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  12. #12
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,965

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackso

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. Ron has acted out at stupid things, but he's never reacted to the same thing twice. People forget he's only fought with a player once (Glenn Robinson in Chicago.)
    I didn't know that. Didn't Glenn knock out a teeth out of Ron's mouth last year? I'm not sure it was Glenn Robinson, but I thought so. IF so than Ron keeping his composure back last year was even more impressive in hind-sight ... well to me anyway.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  13. #13
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...
    I'm sure Pacer management has thought of these very things and the person who steps in will have similar characteristics as Brown did. Although, wouldn't hurt to have someone who could beat the living snot out of either of them if they get out of line.
    I agree in that I'm sure Pacers management has thought about this. But since they don't share their visions with us when it comes to internal things like this, it is left for us interested fans to speculate as to what will happen.

    I agree that a Chuck Person type would be good but I'm not sure just how beneficial he would be as a Bench Coach vs. being a Principal type as he is now (though I do understand he does some coaching in practices now). But we'll see.

  14. #14

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackso

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't know that. Didn't Glenn knock out a teeth out of Ron's mouth last year? I'm not sure it was Glenn Robinson, but I thought so. IF so than Ron keeping his composure back last year was even more impressive in hind-sight ... well to me anyway.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    Thought that was Coleman, but I could be wrong.

  15. #15
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    Jack is a punk? Why

  16. #16
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    Jax seemed OK last year while in Atlanta

  17. #17
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    I'm not worried about Jack at all. He may pick up some technicals, but that's about it. I seriously doubt he'll be running into the stands next year. Personally, I'm glad he's intense and cares about what happens. I'll take the consequences, if there are indeed any, in '05-06.

  18. #18
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackso

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Show me where I ever said that?

    YOu cant, right?

    K, thanks.



    I do beleive Jax has composure, and Artest and the word composre used in the same sentence....[/b][/color]thats a joke........


    Yeah, he really showed that running into the crowd............................................

    I wish all people made progress like that (sense the sarcasm?......)
    u can rationalize all u want....just because u say it doesnt make it true...

    its very simple...did ron engage with ben when ben gave him every reason to?

    no he didnt...its called composure....

    would he have engaged ben if this had happened maybe 2 years earlier? almost assuredly so...its called progress

    now is there anyone alive that thinks that jack has that type of composure, that u refer to? in other words would jack have walked away from ben? i doubt there is anyone that follows the pacers that would say he would have walked away...so who has it backwards????? u do...as is obvious to me as well as most others, in case u cant read the other posts....

    take the blinders out of ur eyes and see what is really going on....we got a very interesting world out here...u should visit sometime....


    Artest will snap at anything, and once he is gone he is really out of it (ala The Incredible hawk). I think Artest is the one who has no self control. Even when he tries to show he has self control (laying on the scorers table) he shows he doesnt have self control (going into the crowd)

    S-Jax has a temper, but he has to be provoked (a fight going on) in order to get involved.
    so see...u did say he would fight wallace.....that throat gouge would be considered provocation....any questions????

    and ironic how artest didnt snap at anything, huh? he didnt snap when ben attacked him...

    so repeat after me....ron didnt snap when attacked by ben....but, by your own admission stephen would....now....who has more composure???thats right...ron does....see how easy that was...

    p.s. if ur gonna use the purple, could show u how so that it doesnt come out quite so sloppily...

  19. #19
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    Meow! I sense some tension in here!

    Die, purple lettering, DIE!


  20. #20
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Die, purple lettering, DIE!

    Purple text ----> <----- SoupIsGood
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  21. #21
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Purple text ----> <----- SoupIsGood
    :finger:

  22. #22
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,431

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    As the Pacers Starting 2 guard for next season, the same as if Brown was still here.
    Ditto.

  23. #23
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    On the plane to Seattle?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  24. #24
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Purple text ----> <----- SoupIsGood

    When this site first opened I didn't care for the avatars and signatures, but I come to realize it was a way people could express their selves and I now like it. Especially the bimbo . . . er . . . girly avatars. (grin)

    Foretaz has taken it a step farther and uses purple text. It doesn't bother me, I think it's easy to read, it's just . . . purple. However, if I would have been asked to change it because it was hard to read I would have, but that's me.

    Foretaz apparently wants to keep that individually, for some reason it's important to him. So why hound the guy?

    That said, if you really want to hound him . . . (evil grin) . . . reply to his posts with yellow text.

  25. #25

    Default Re: With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    With Mike Brown evidently going to Cleveland, where does this leave Steven Jackson?

    To Cleveland in a trade for Lebron James.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •