Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default MIP (Most Improved Pacer)

Well????

Hmmmm the Poll didn't work.

Tinsley????

Foster????
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Default Re: MIP (Most Improved Pacer)

Tinsley or Jones.

diego

My vote would be for Artest. I know he was good last year, but was still a wait and see. this year he has proven himself as a legitimate all star and is playing under control. He has elevated every part of his game including most importantly the mental part.

Foster is not that much improved i dont think. Now that doesnt mean i dont htink he is good, but i thought he was good last year, but he didnt get teh minutes and chances he has gotten this year with Brad gone. Really he is just doing what he always done...hustle, grab board and play tough. His shot really isnt any better and his point s come from pick and rolls and trash around the bucket.

If i had to vote for a runner up, it would definitley be Tins. His shot is much better and more consistent. he dropped weight and is making smarter decisions with the basketball for the most part. He still needs work on defense, but overall has defintiely improved physically and mentally.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Artest. Because he's not allowing the non-basketball crap to overshadow his talent.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

A whole lot of candidates.

Freddie
    Tinsley
    Artest
    Foster
    J.O.
    Al, yes AL, may not be popular right now to include him, but overall, yes.

I can't pick just one

Mood

I can't pick just one

Waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle.

For me it's 3 words

Jeff Foster fouls. (or lack thereof) He isn't getting into nearly the trouble he has in the past. That is huge...we need him to be available the entire game.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I can't pick just one

For me it's 3 words

Jeff Foster fouls. (or lack thereof) He isn't getting into nearly the trouble he has in the past. That is huge...we need him to be available the entire game.
    When's the last time you EVER saw Jeff Foster play the entire game, let alone over 30 mins??

OK, clearly Tinsley is MIP

ya Definately Tins, but really, everyone has improved their game on the whole team, quite a season to behold!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd have to pick Jeff Foster or Tinsley.

Jeff's defense and just as important his offense have improved greatly. Just compare this year with his starting performances 2 seasons ago (prior to getting Brad Miller) and it's been an amazing transformation for Jeff. Working out with Tim Duncan in the offseason has helped him tremendously.

What can't you say about Tinsley? He's improved in every area - turnovers, shooting, defense, leadership, poise....

Those two positions worried me the most entering the season and with less than a quarter of the games left, I don't sweat it that much. That equals some huge improvement IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I would have to pick either Tins or Jones.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Tinsley...he is clearly playing SMART. which is fantastic.

As for next year's MIP, it WILL be Fred Jones. Mark it down.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

I can't pick just one

For me it's 3 words

When's the last time you EVER saw Jeff Foster play the entire game, let alone over 30 mins??
    I din't say he needed to PLAY the entire game...he needs to be available to play the entire game.. TOo often n the past he took himself out of the game by getting 3 fouls in 3 minutes (etc).
    We need him to be available and he has done a good job controlling that.

Wow, no one mentioned Bender, that's surprising. He's shown more consistency this year, of course he was out for a most of the season.. my vote would have to go to Fred. Nice to have a slasher on the team.

Wow, no one mentioned Bender, that's surprising. He's shown more consistency this year, of course he was out for a most of the season.. my vote would have to go to Fred. Nice to have a slasher on the team.
    Took the words right outta my mouth!

I think Bender has shown some serious, serious improvement.

He's going to the basket now. He has learned how to pound the ball and not lose his dribble as often. I have yet to see him miss a jumper. He looks like something I have never seen in a basketball player before. He could play the SG, SF, PF, or C, depending on the needs of the coach. I think that if he doesn't shine the rest of this season, that he will be phenomenol (sp?) next year.

THE DIFFERENCE!

Bender has played only a few games...can't really consider him "improved" until he plays an entire season.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

...can't really consider him "improved" until he plays an entire season.
    Then you can't consider Tinsley, Artest, etc.......because none of them have played an 82 game season either.
    Ok then, MORE THAN HALF of the games in a season.

Then you can't consider Tinsley, Artest, etc.......because none of them have played an 82 game season either.
    This season is the only one where he hasn't played in at least half the games, whether it be from injury or DNP- Coach's Decision. Excluding his rookie season, of course, where injury wasn't the issue. I'm not saying playing in 46 games is impressive by any means, but it more than fits your criteria. Strike two.
    Umm.... I think we were talking about THIS YEAR... Bender's played, what, like 6 or 7 games? I think that was the main point.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

i would have to pick foster. people keep wondering how we can be so good after losing all-star center miller, and foster's play has been key.

not saying jeff is as good as brad, or is even a similar player, but he has been effective in his own way.

tinsley runs a close second.

i wouldn't put bender up there yet. putting up a few good games has been standard for him, we still don't see much consistent contribution.

and i won't consider artest either. he's in the running for mvp (most valuable pacer)

[quote="indygeezer

For me it's 3 words

Jeff Foster fouls. (or lack thereof) He isn't getting into nearly the trouble he has in the past. That is huge...we need him to be available the entire game.[/quote]

You know what happen don't you? Jeff has finally "earned" the respect of the officials.

I have not seen the team play much, so I would go with Artest not being the negative influence he was last year.

I'd vote for Tinsley just because he came so far in the last year. He was a really sub par start the last 1/2 of the season for varrious reasons to become a stable pg once he got his starting job back. This has been more important to the Pacers success.

My 1B vote would be for Fred Jones. He has shown that he can play in the league and has a future. His improvement has been moving from a non-factor last year to being our backcourt's best bench player. So in speaking of personal improvement it has to be Jones taking the biggest leap.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Mood

I might give a 1B vote to JO...the maturity he's gained this year is phenominal. He also looks more to pass out of the doubleteams. SO his understanding of the game and how to make his teammates better has really been a pleasant suprise to me.

To think how little experience he has makes me giddy when I think of him with 3-4 more years experience. (wow think of a Miller or Malone length career!)

Fred's got my vote w/ Tinsley and Artest right behind him. His confidence seems to be gaining and I love the way he can get a shot when he wants and his ability to get to the free throw line frequently. He just needs some more work on his jump shot and he'll be a fairly complete player.

This season is the only one where he hasn't played in at least half the games, whether it be from injury or DNP- Coach's Decision. Excluding his rookie season, of course, where injury wasn't the issue. I'm not saying playing in 46 games is impressive by any means, but it more than fits your criteria. Strike two.
    Umm.... I think we were talking about THIS YEAR... Bender's played, what, like 6 or 7 games? I think that was the main point.
    Not based on every single post he's ever made about Bender.
    Actually, I was only referring to this year.

But, even looking at last year, I just don't see the improvement consistantly. It isn;t that I am ever doubting his skills, its that his skills are rarely in use. He has always been termed "potential" and has never really fully utilized it, in my opinion.

And so, since he hasn't played enough to show ME that he is better, I cannot say he has improved...if he is able to play at a level like he did the first few games he was back, and can do it every game, only then I will be impressed.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Tinsley gets my vote, followed closely by Freddie Jones with Bender in 3rd.

Tinsley has shown he can deal with adversity (being benched to start the year) and learn from his experiences. Freddie has improved defensively the most but he also has realized he can get to the hoop and draw the foul just about anytime he wants. Bender has become more aggressive, especially offensively.

Artest has improved mentally, but I think that is a product of someone drawing a line and showing he couldn't go over it. I think this was established in the 1st preseason game and Ron has responded well.

Foster has done what he's always done, he's just stayed out of foul trouble so his minutes have increased.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin