Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 120

Thread: The Pacers have never had that one player

  1. #76
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this is the best thread jacking we've had in 3 months......
    Yea this was crazy, im honestly exhausted typing words like a maniac and its like 3:00 AM here, and im hungry, my Cigarettes are finished, i cant sleep, i have training early tomorrow (i mean today)... leave me alone! go compare MJ to somebody else! LOL

  2. #77
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Yeah, well truth be told, I think Jordan sucks @$$.








    Ooooh... can I type that this close to the Chicago city limits?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  3. #78
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, well truth be told, I think Jordan sucks @$$.








    Ooooh... can I type that this close to the Chicago city limits?
    I can just see the ground around the entire city shaking a little as you posted that.

  4. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    shutup fools. Jonathan Bender was the better shooter compared to Jordan and Miller. In practice though!

    I am not even going to touch the Jordan / Miller debate, even the shooting accuracy part of it but when comparing Jerry West to Reggie Miller, you do have to consider that Jerry West played 5 years of his career with Wilt Chamberlain during which he won his only championship. Also for most of his career, he had Hall of Famer, Elgin Baylor as a teammate

  5. #80
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    9,706

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Do we have a best hijacking of a thread catagory in the awards, or does the terroism threat level not allow that?

  6. #81
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    shutup fools. Jonathan Bender was the better shooter compared to Jordan and Miller. In practice though!

    I am not even going to touch the Jordan / Miller debate, even the shooting accuracy part of it but when comparing Jerry West to Reggie Miller, you do have to consider that Jerry West played 5 years of his career with Wilt Chamberlain during which he won his only championship. Also for most of his career, he had Hall of Famer, Elgin Baylor as a teammate
    Exactly!
    (pssst! watchout because your on dangerous grounds..)
    (pssst! you dont say something like that and walk away safe..)

  7. #82
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do we have a best hijacking of a thread catagory in the awards, or does the terroism threat level not allow that?
    Yup! You are on right place at right time, welcome to the Jihad club!

  8. #83
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,100

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    EDIT: Still it makes me wonder, Reggie has passed West on the all time scoring list and had MUCH higher FreeThrow accuracy... could that make him better?
    Jerry West didn't play with the 3 point line. That makes a big difference in his point total.

  9. #84
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by A-Train
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jerry West didn't play with the 3 point line. That makes a big difference in his point total.
    Yea u are right, Jerry West is no doubt the greatest shooter of all time

  10. #85
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,100

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by ImCrazyB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know if you plugged Reggie in MJ's place in Chicago, He would have some rings as well...
    I disagree with that statement.

    I would say this: If you plugged Reggie into Kukoc's place in Chicago, Reggie would have some rings as well.


  11. #86
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,100

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ALL i said was that Reggie was a more Accurate Shooter (and i mean just from any distance)
    Actually, Jordan's career FG% is .497 while Reggie's is .471


  12. #87
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Of course, those FG%'s include dunks.

  13. #88
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,100

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course, those FG%'s include dunks.
    And shots that Jordan created all by himself without needing three screens to run off of.


  14. #89
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Yes, but still dunks are there too, which skews any chance of an accurate comparison to me. I want to know which was the better mid-range and 3 point shooter. 3 point I can figure out all by myself , but mid-range? That's not going to be solved by simple fg%

  15. #90
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,100

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, but still dunks are there too, which skews any chance of an accurate comparison to me. I want to know which was the better mid-range and 3 point shooter. 3 point I can figure out all by myself , but mid-range? That's not going to be solved by simple fg%
    Oh great, now you've gone and asked a reasonable question in a sensible manner. What are we supposed to do with THAT?



    My opinion, and that's all it would be, is that Jordan was the better mid-range shooter, primarily because it was a bigger part of his arsenal than it was Reggie's.

  16. #91
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Could be, however it's long been believed by many fans around here that if Reggie had made the mid-range more of his game, he'd have been a more legendary player, which needless to say suggests he was a pretty damn good mid-range shooter. And even in his last season it was clear he was nearly automatic from mid-range.

  17. #92
    Member circlecitysportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    547
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, everything has to fall into place perfectly. You have to have a little luck to win it, I think everyone knows that.

    Yes, the role players MUST step up. But you have to have that one player that steps up, that one player that you can count on to will you to victory. That's what JO must become.

    MJ would of had a ring or two if he played here, in NY, Seattle or Utah in the 90's.

  18. #93
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by A-Train
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, Jordan's career FG% is .497 while Reggie's is .471

    Jordan took more MidRange jumpers and pleeeeeeeeeenty more Dunks? easy..

  19. #94
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Its easy guys, Reggie shot 90% from FreeThrow line almost every Season and 40% from 3PT Line, which means he had 50% in 2PT area that will give him an average FG% of 45%... and there are seasons where he had over 50% from 2PT range and over 40% from 3PT Range, that means he shot like 60% from 2PT Range just by 15-23 foot Jumpshots (well, some layups once in a while)

  20. #95
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jordan took more MidRange jumpers and pleeeeeeeeeenty more Dunks? easy..
    So Jordan gets *penalized* for taking better/ higher percentage shots? Huh. I used to think taking the higher percentage shot was a good thing. Silly me.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  21. #96
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,681

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huh. I used to think taking the higher percentage shot was a good thing. Silly me.
    That's why you're no longer the reigning arm-chair coach.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  22. #97
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Jordan gets *penalized* for taking better/ higher percentage shots? Huh. I used to think taking the higher percentage shot was a good thing. Silly me.
    LOL, thats a great thing... but all im saying is that Reggie would beat MJ on a round of HORSE for example, with his eyes closed! But MJ is clearly a better baller than Regg overall, more accomplishment, just a bit overrated i think tho! I like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird 531 times more, just because of their teamplay and their how do u say.... "no ballhoggishness", everywhere these 2 guys went, they made that team into a Championship team...

    MJ simply dont cut it for me, he hasnt prooved that he can lead a bad team into a powerfull playoff team with great chance to win championship... He went to Washington and that didnt went so well!? Dont tell me "he was Old" bla bla bla, he was amazing!! He had many 40-50 point games averaging like 25 ppg in a season? Hitting game winners and all that...

  23. #98
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,100

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird 531 times more, just because of their teamplay and their how do u say.... "no ballhoggishness", everywhere these 2 guys went, they made that team into a Championship team...
    Jordan won an NCAA Championship, too. As a matter of fact, he hit the game winning shot in the title game..... and he was a sophomore at the time.

    I think Jordan has done pretty well winning championships "everywhere he went".

    Yes, I know, you continue to harp on his two years in Washington.... but, weighed against his one NCAA championship and his 6 rings in Chicago, that's seems a bit nitpicky, don't you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MJ simply dont cut it for me, he hasnt prooved that he can lead a bad team into a powerfull playoff team with great chance to win championship...
    Name one "bad team" that Magic or Bird "led" into a powerful playoff team with a great chance to win a championship? I'll spot you Bird's Indiana State team that he led to the NCAA championship game vs Magic's Michigan State team. Now go.


  24. #99
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    I dont care! MJ sux!

  25. #100
    Savior-Self
    Guest

    Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL, thats a great thing... but all im saying is that Reggie would beat MJ on a round of HORSE for example, with his eyes closed! But MJ is clearly a better baller than Regg overall, more accomplishment, just a bit overrated i think tho! I like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird 531 times more, just because of their teamplay and their how do u say.... "no ballhoggishness", everywhere these 2 guys went, they made that team into a Championship team...

    MJ simply dont cut it for me, he hasnt prooved that he can lead a bad team into a powerfull playoff team with great chance to win championship... He went to Washington and that didnt went so well!? Dont tell me "he was Old" bla bla bla, he was amazing!! He had many 40-50 point games averaging like 25 ppg in a season? Hitting game winners and all that...
    It pains me to read this crap.

    Skipping the Reggie would beat Jordan in Horse statement...

    You expected a 37 year old Jordan, after 2 years retirement... playing on an abysmal Washington team... to be league MVP and lead his team to a championship? Huh? He missed 22 games in his first season back, and he never averaged more than 22.3 points in his 2 season Washington stint. He had three 40 point games, if I remember correctly, not once did he hit 50, unless it was that triple OT game against the Pacers his first season back...

    Bah, forget it, I refuse to argue this.

    Jordan never played for the Wizards, stop lieng. I hate you. *cries*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •