Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Pacers have never had that one player

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Pacers have never had that one player

Quote Originally Posted by Savior-Self
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It pains me to read this crap.

Skipping the Reggie would beat Jordan in Horse statement...

You expected a 37 year old Jordan, after 2 years retirement... playing on an abysmal Washington team... was expected to be league MVP and lead his team to a championship? He also missed 22 games in his first season back, and he never averaged more than 22.3 points in his 2 season Washington stint. He had three 40 point games, if I remember correctly, not once did he hit 50, unless it was that triple OT game against the Pacers his first season back...

Bah, forget it, I refuse to argue this.

Jordan never played for the Wizards, stop lieng. I hate you. *cries*
    Jordan had a 50 something point game against Chicago in Dec 2001, if I remember correctly.

I agree with everything else you said.

Savior-Self

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    Jordan had a 50 something point game against Chicago in Dec 2001, if I remember correctly.

I agree with everything else you said.
    Doubt it, MJ never had a successful game against Chicago as a Wizard, I think he might've had only one 21 point type performance.

Btw, edit the message you quoted, I moved my wording around a bit after I realized that my tired mind had begun slurring english into gibberish after I originally submitted my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    LOL, thats a great thing... but all im saying is that Reggie would beat MJ on a round of HORSE for example, with his eyes closed! But MJ is clearly a better baller than Regg overall, more accomplishment, just a bit overrated i think tho! I like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird 531 times more, just because of their teamplay and their how do u say.... "no ballhoggishness", everywhere these 2 guys went, they made that team into a Championship team...

MJ simply dont cut it for me, he hasnt prooved that he can lead a bad team into a powerfull playoff team with great chance to win championship... He went to Washington and that didnt went so well!? Dont tell me "he was Old" bla bla bla, he was amazing!! He had many 40-50 point games averaging like 25 ppg in a season? Hitting game winners and all that...
    Tyrone Lue,Larry Hughes,Christian Leattner and Brendan Haywood where the Wizards starters when MJ was playing with them and you want him to lead that team to the playoffs at 38 years old?

ImCrazyB

Hughes is good..And they uhh..had Kwame..Brown..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

After watching the game of H-O-R-S-E MJ had with Bird.....I wouldn't want any part of Jordan in that game, even if I were Reggie.

All over some fries too....just think if they were playing for a GRAND.....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    After watching the game of H-O-R-S-E MJ had with Bird.....I wouldn't want any part of Jordan in that game, even if I were Reggie.

All over some fries too....just think if they were playing for a GRAND.....
    First time I heard this . Want to tell more? I'm interested.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning

Regards,

Mourning

All I have to say it this:

"Over the street, through the window, over the rafters, off the scoreboard, off the floor, nothing but net."

Anybody who was a kid in 1993 would remember that one.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

foretaz

Regards,

Mourning
    i think kstat is making an attempt at humor...if im not mistaking hes making reference to a mcdonalds commercial that aired many years ago....it was quite a great commercial...

but in that commercial...mj is definitely made out to be superhuman...with bird not too far behind...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Regards,

Mourning
    Damn, that dates me!

"...nothing but net. [*swish*]"

foretaz

"Over the street, through the window, over the rafters, off the scoreboard, off the floor, nothing but net."

i think u forgot off the skyscraper...

it really was a great commercial...nice recall

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    i think u forgot off the skyscraper...

it really was a great commercial...nice recall
    No, the skyscraper was the next shot.

Easily one of the top 5 NBA-based commercials ever made. Every kid in America was eating McDonald's for about 4 months.

Hated McDonald's, hated Jordan, hated Bird, but loved the commercial.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Poor excuse, I know, never saw that commercial though

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Easily one of the top 5 NBA-based commercials ever made. Every kid in America was eating McDonald's for about 4 months.
    And I refuse to trade it for anything less than another top 5 NBA-based commercial in return, regardless of behavioral issues.

3ptmiller

3ptmiller

SOURCE:
    http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/...43/jordan.html

1) Jordan is a BALL HOG!
    *Often an opposing forward , K.Malone, for example, has more assists than Jordan, a guard . [submitted by R. Voswinkel]
    *Even if he's 1-18 from the field, he'll still take shots instead of passing the ball.
    Even MJ fans admit he's a ballhog--so don't deny it!

2) MJ has a HUGE EGO and shows off!
    *Against the Lakers in the Finals, Jordan switched hands during a layup UNNECESSARILY!
    *He's taken foul shots with his eyes closed to rub it in to the other team that the Bulls were winning.
    *Even though he's the greatest DOESN'T mean he can show off. Pippen, Walt Williams, Stockton for example, don't show off!
    *Jordan is an athlete before an entertainer

3) Michael may score 50 points a game, but he probably went 25-60 from the field. Actually, the Bulls games are closer when Jordan scores 40+
    *I know his role is to score...but he's gotta learn when he's having an OFF-GAME!

4) When interviewed & asked about his most memorable game winning shot, Jordan responded by stating that he must be "getting senile" cuz he "had so many" he can't remember it all. (very cocky!) [submitted by N.ZERNO]. If you've seen the interview, you'd agree.

5) Each game MJ wears a new pair of sneakers, & if he played a bad 1st half, he'll put on a brand new pair during halftime!
    * How corny! It's not his shoes having a bad game!

6) Unless he's DOUBLE-TEAMED, he'll take the game into his own hands the last few seconds even if someone's open.
    Yeah, I know about that pass to Kerr to win the game--WOW! One time MJ passed the ball & he wasn't double-teamed!

7) For such a great athlete, Jordan cries about being fouled---as if that's the only reason he could've actually missed.
    *What sets him apart from others is the fact that MJ's the only one who can get in the face of a ref REPEATEDLY without getting a technical. Photo: crybaby MJ

8) He feels that he should get away with fouling. Proof: He always has a "Do u know who I am look?" when he's called for a foul. Allegedly, he actually said it to a ref.
    *MJ's the best, but he's not to be excluded from the rules--great players should play by the rules, right?

9) Jordan's already rich from the NBA, yet he makes sure he has plenty of endorsements:
    According to The Sports Marketing Letter, MJ earns an estimated $40 million just from ENDORSEMENTS----Nike, Rayovac, Gatorade, Ballpark, Hanes, Coach Leather products, Wheaties, his OWN Cologne, WorldCom telephone service, Upper Deck, Oakley sunglasses, Wilson signature basketballs, watches & equipments, Chicago Chevy dealers, & NBA Entertainment/CBS-Fox home videos...just to name the key contracts.
    Jordan now has his own line of clothes! (he must be down to only a few million that he needs to keep finding ways to make profits)
    *yeah, others have thier marketing deals, too--but nowhere as close! MJ, the person is selfish!

10) After the game when Iverson shot over Michael with a cross-over move, Jordan said Iverson should learn how to respect the older players. (MJ was just upset that Iverson was too quick for him) [submitted by N.Zerno] Animated gif: Iverson over jordan

11) MJ announced his "retirement" so his Dad would've seen his last game....(I wonder why he's playing now?)
    *hey Jordan fans: you probably think it's ok he said & did that--but if someone else did that, you'd agree that's not so ok!

12) Jordan's number was retired. When he came back, he wore 45, but then went back to 23. Meaning: MJ's number is up in the United Center-- while he's an active player! It should be put up after he retires for good. [submitted by CrAzY KiD 42]

13) When MJ retired, he said he'd never wear #23 again in honor of his late Dad. Hmm...even after 23 was retired, was he showing respect when he was willing to be fined to wear it again?--just a question!)

14) Instead of waiting until after the season, Michael came back just in time for the playoffs!

15) Jordan has a charity under his own name & doesn't even donate to it!
    [submitted by YoUnGSav]

16) After his "retirement," a statue was built in front of the United Center. Meaning: When Jordan came back, his statue still stands tall (inflating his ego more) & disrespecting the other current players of the Bulls.
    (That isn't his fault, but it's still another reason)

17) When Michael retired, he immediately played for the AAA of the Minor League! For most, it takes years to get that far--& they can actually play! [submitted by N.Zerno]
    *MJ's a great basketball player..why should he get special treatment in baseball!

18) Jordan returned to the NBA after failing at baseball. He can't stick with something that's too hard for him!

19) He has his very own HUGE restaurant in Chicago. Other celebrities work with others. (Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock Cafe, All Star Cafe & those who have their OWN, Larry Bird, Dan Marjerle...are not as close to being as big).

20) MJ refuses to play for Chicago unless Jackson's the coach & Pippen's on the team. What? Michael can't do it on his own? Or not just anybody is good enough for him?
    *I know most players don't have loyalty to a team...but great players should! Great players should have loyalty to their TEAM (win or lose), not to certain people!
    *When in cases like Barkly, it's understandable to go to another team, he wants a ring & he deserves it! MJ already has his rings--he really should be loyal to Chicago--not Scottie or Phil.

21) His sneakers just keep getting uglier & uglier but people will buy them cuz "it's Michael's".

22) A personal reason: I hate how he hangs his tongue out!

23) If MJ isn't greedy, WHY, even though he's a millionaire, does he need to make MORE profits after he retires with his own sports line!
    *Why can't MJ just retire, maybe make his commercials, & not worry about making a billion more $$$? Cuz that's GREED!

24) Jordan has often demeaned his teammates, whom he called, "my supporting cast." [taken from a Chicago Tribune article 3/24/95--by Phil Hersh]
    Despite the fact MJ's right, he's disrespecting his teammates by SAYING it!

despite all that, Jordan is still great.

3ptmiller

despite all that, Jordan is still great.
    Yea!!

Savior-Self

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    SOURCE:
    http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/...43/jordan.html
    1) Jordan is a BALL HOG!
    *Often an opposing forward , K.Malone, for example, has more assists than Jordan, a guard . [submitted by R. Voswinkel]
    *Even if he's 1-18 from the field, he'll still take shots instead of passing the ball.
    Even MJ fans admit he's a ballhog--so don't deny it!

2) MJ has a HUGE EGO and shows off!
    *Against the Lakers in the Finals, Jordan switched hands during a layup UNNECESSARILY!
    *He's taken foul shots with his eyes closed to rub it in to the other team that the Bulls were winning.
    *Even though he's the greatest DOESN'T mean he can show off. Pippen, Walt Williams, Stockton for example, don't show off!
    *Jordan is an athlete before an entertainer

3) Michael may score 50 points a game, but he probably went 25-60 from the field. Actually, the Bulls games are closer when Jordan scores 40+
    *I know his role is to score...but he's gotta learn when he's having an OFF-GAME!

4) When interviewed & asked about his most memorable game winning shot, Jordan responded by stating that he must be "getting senile" cuz he "had so many" he can't remember it all. (very cocky!) [submitted by N.ZERNO]. If you've seen the interview, you'd agree.

5) Each game MJ wears a new pair of sneakers, & if he played a bad 1st half, he'll put on a brand new pair during halftime!
    * How corny! It's not his shoes having a bad game!

6) Unless he's DOUBLE-TEAMED, he'll take the game into his own hands the last few seconds even if someone's open.
    Yeah, I know about that pass to Kerr to win the game--WOW! One time MJ passed the ball & he wasn't double-teamed!

7) For such a great athlete, Jordan cries about being fouled---as if that's the only reason he could've actually missed.
    *What sets him apart from others is the fact that MJ's the only one who can get in the face of a ref REPEATEDLY without getting a technical. Photo: crybaby MJ

8) He feels that he should get away with fouling. Proof: He always has a "Do u know who I am look?" when he's called for a foul. Allegedly, he actually said it to a ref.
    *MJ's the best, but he's not to be excluded from the rules--great players should play by the rules, right?

9) Jordan's already rich from the NBA, yet he makes sure he has plenty of endorsements:
    According to The Sports Marketing Letter, MJ earns an estimated $40 million just from ENDORSEMENTS----Nike, Rayovac, Gatorade, Ballpark, Hanes, Coach Leather products, Wheaties, his OWN Cologne, WorldCom telephone service, Upper Deck, Oakley sunglasses, Wilson signature basketballs, watches & equipments, Chicago Chevy dealers, & NBA Entertainment/CBS-Fox home videos...just to name the key contracts.
    Jordan now has his own line of clothes! (he must be down to only a few million that he needs to keep finding ways to make profits)
    *yeah, others have thier marketing deals, too--but nowhere as close! MJ, the person is selfish!

10) After the game when Iverson shot over Michael with a cross-over move, Jordan said Iverson should learn how to respect the older players. (MJ was just upset that Iverson was too quick for him) [submitted by N.Zerno] Animated gif: Iverson over jordan

11) MJ announced his "retirement" so his Dad would've seen his last game....(I wonder why he's playing now?)
    *hey Jordan fans: you probably think it's ok he said & did that--but if someone else did that, you'd agree that's not so ok!

12) Jordan's number was retired. When he came back, he wore 45, but then went back to 23. Meaning: MJ's number is up in the United Center-- while he's an active player! It should be put up after he retires for good. [submitted by CrAzY KiD 42]

13) When MJ retired, he said he'd never wear #23 again in honor of his late Dad. Hmm...even after 23 was retired, was he showing respect when he was willing to be fined to wear it again?--just a question!)

14) Instead of waiting until after the season, Michael came back just in time for the playoffs!

15) Jordan has a charity under his own name & doesn't even donate to it!
    [submitted by YoUnGSav]

16) After his "retirement," a statue was built in front of the United Center. Meaning: When Jordan came back, his statue still stands tall (inflating his ego more) & disrespecting the other current players of the Bulls.
    (That isn't his fault, but it's still another reason)

17) When Michael retired, he immediately played for the AAA of the Minor League! For most, it takes years to get that far--& they can actually play! [submitted by N.Zerno]
    *MJ's a great basketball player..why should he get special treatment in baseball!

18) Jordan returned to the NBA after failing at baseball. He can't stick with something that's too hard for him!

19) He has his very own HUGE restaurant in Chicago. Other celebrities work with others. (Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock Cafe, All Star Cafe & those who have their OWN, Larry Bird, Dan Marjerle...are not as close to being as big).

20) MJ refuses to play for Chicago unless Jackson's the coach & Pippen's on the team. What? Michael can't do it on his own? Or not just anybody is good enough for him?
    *I know most players don't have loyalty to a team...but great players should! Great players should have loyalty to their TEAM (win or lose), not to certain people!
    *When in cases like Barkly, it's understandable to go to another team, he wants a ring & he deserves it! MJ already has his rings--he really should be loyal to Chicago--not Scottie or Phil.

21) His sneakers just keep getting uglier & uglier but people will buy them cuz "it's Michael's".

22) A personal reason: I hate how he hangs his tongue out!

23) If MJ isn't greedy, WHY, even though he's a millionaire, does he need to make MORE profits after he retires with his own sports line!
    *Why can't MJ just retire, maybe make his commercials, & not worry about making a billion more $$$? Cuz that's GREED!

24) Jordan has often demeaned his teammates, whom he called, "my supporting cast." [taken from a Chicago Tribune article 3/24/95--by Phil Hersh]
    Despite the fact MJ's right, he's disrespecting his teammates by SAYING it!

This is the same webpage that has been laughed at, ridiculed, and ignored by basketball fans since the beginning of it's existance in 1998. Congratulations on the find.

The author of that website is a complete and utter dumbass. Some quotables:

"Even MJ fans admit he's a ballhog--so don't deny it!"
    Yep, he held a press conference... right? Oh, wait, this never happened. Damn.

"MJ has a HUGE EGO and shows off! *Against the Lakers in the Finals, Jordan switched hands during a layup UNNECESSARILY!"

According to Jordan and the assistance of video playback, Sam Perkins, the L.A Lakers starting Power Forward, was in the paint and Jordan's way as Jordan was flying in the air and trying to contort his body. Jordan thought Sam was going to attempt to block the shot, so his instinct kicked in. But you know, I'm sure he did it on purpose, you know, because it's not hard to pull off... or anything like that.

"Each game MJ wears a new pair of sneakers, & if he played a bad 1st half, he'll put on a brand new pair during halftime! How corny! It's not his shoes having a bad game!"

Are you kidding me?

"He has his very own HUGE restaurant in Chicago. Other celebrities work with others. (Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock Cafe, All Star Cafe & those who have their OWN, Larry Bird, Dan Marjerle...are not as close to being as big)."

Good point, sharing is caring.

Die, Jordan haters, die.